Czarnicks verified LV.20 S
Mar 26, 2020, 10:15 AM 6,436 read

Top 5 Survivor perks in Dead by Daylight

Last week I introduced you to my top 5 Killer perks, which you can see here:

so this week I’ve decided to throw a bone to any survivors who want the low-down on what the meta begs to be played these days. This listing will include the perks for solo queue warriors and a SWF replacement, if you happen to run with a team and don’t need any informational perks.   And with that…   #5: Kindred

Dead by Daylight: General - Top 5 Survivor perks in Dead by Daylight image 2

Efficiency is key as a survivor, and there is no other perk that can save a team more time than kindred. Having a teammate hooked is bad, but not knowing whether or not you should go for the save is far, far worse!   The difference between sending one survivor to a save whilst the others complete gens and sending 2-3 survivors to unhook someone while leaving generators isn’t just a matter of losing out on points, you also forgo a lot of generator pressure and give the killer an easy group of survivors to choose from for maximum pressure in a small part of the map.   Kindred not only prevents situations like this from happening, but if you or a teammate is ever being camped, Kindred will let you in on the unfortunate happenings and encourage you to end the game before the killer has a chance of hooking anyone else.   It's just a great informational perk, and that is all you can want in today’s meta.   If you run with a team, replace this perk with Adrenaline and there you go, #5.   #4: Borrowed Time

Dead by Daylight: General - Top 5 Survivor perks in Dead by Daylight image 4

The true anti-tunneling perk. If you told me I was wrong for not putting this at rank 1, I’d say you make a good point, but I don’t wanna… so.   Borrowed time is the penultimate in late game saves and clutch altruism. As it stands, good players will see that they are protect from your borrowed time and look to make plays by taking a hit before the protection wears off, which is just a dividend payment for you as a return of your good will.   This perk, as it stands, is incredible, but also abusable. I’d say BHVR need to make anyone who has Borrowed Time lose their hitbox so they can’t block the killer for 18 seconds of his precious time, but that’s just me. Either way, incredible perk. 4th best, in fact.   #3: Iron Will

Dead by Daylight: General - Top 5 Survivor perks in Dead by Daylight image 6

Yep, it's this bad boy again! You thought you weren’t going to see him here, didn’t you? The worse you are, the worse this perk is. The better you are, the more of a chance this perk has at becoming the best perk in the game.   Chases, for a killer, is often a tracking / mindgaming ritual. Running this perk takes the tracking away all together and gives survivors more power and unpredictability in their jungle gyming and T-walling. You’ll most often see experienced veterans like Ulysses and the recently-returned N00b3 run Iron Will, and just a couple of good chases with it will show you why.   It's well designed, and incredibly powerful. It’s Iron Will at number 3.   #2: Sprint Burst

Dead by Daylight: General - Top 5 Survivor perks in Dead by Daylight image 8

As a killer main, a team full of Dead-hards is playable. I can make it work and play around their short immunity, if need be. But a team full of sprint bursts is the most difficult match I’m ever going to have the pleasure of playing against.   The good player uses Sprint Burst at the beginning of the game to get started on gens quickly, and uses it later to ensure he has a good position to start a chase. He also times his exhaustion cooldown to have an instant burst of speed that can be used to clutch saves and clever baits.   This perk is an all-arounder, and the best exhaustion perk since the nerfs to Balanced Landing (RIP), but much like Iron Will, requires a veteran to make the most of.   #1: Unbreakable

Dead by Daylight: General - Top 5 Survivor perks in Dead by Daylight image 10

There seems to be a common theme of perks ending up on this list that are probably under-utilized by the majority and abused to the fullest by the minority at the top of the survivor rankings.   But yes, unbreakable is absolutely the best survivor perk in the game. Not only that, but its not overpowered, and designed in a healthy way. I’d personally take some of the bonus recover time out, but that’s a discussion for another time.   Unbreakable on a survivor essentially means that if a killer wants to try and gain a huge advantage by slugging, he’s on a timer. Picking yourself up while your teammates fall one by one can be the deciding factor in the outcome of a match, and is a great way to turn the tide. Not to mention, as a solo queue player, your teammates will often take a millennia to pick you up. This gets rid of those problems, and makes you dangerous even AFTER getting downed.   This perk, combined with Decisive strike, means that if you’re focused by the killer after getting unhooked, you can threaten his with a DS stun, or, if he is smart and leaves you on the ground, you can pick yourself up and continue on with the game. And be sure to give him an ear-full after the match about how he is a tunneler, baby killer, and probably makes less money per hour than you so that he knows you’re the top-dog around these parts.   Jokes aside, DS and Unbreakable is a disgusting combo. Don’t run it unless the meaningless achievement of rank 1 is important to you or if you have no friends. But unbreakable on its own? Fantastic perk. Fantastic decision!   I hope this list helped you out and gave you some idea on what to play around with in your trials. Be sure to let me know if you disagree with anything on the list, I’m very much looking forward to reading about the underrated-ness of Lithe and Self Care.   GLHF, -E  

Comment 7

• Raccin Raccoon LV.3 Supersonic Mar 26, 2020, 12:30 PM

Agreed

• Dillpickle728 LV.15 Clearly Hacking Mar 26, 2020, 03:40 PM

Where is my crutch perks like adrenaline or balanced landing

• Pocahoetas LV.12 Bamboozled Mar 28, 2020, 05:31 AM

Decisive has saved me on many occasions

• Czarnicks verified LV.20 S Mar 28, 2020, 05:41 AM

Decisive Strike was left off this list for a few reasons. Namely, poor design, comparatively weak results when run by itself in top-tier play, and reliance on mechanics that the devs have talked about getting rid of. DS is used as a weapon by good teams, but that's only possible because of the #1 perk on this list, Unbreakable. Without that perk, DS becomes not overpowered, but just annoying and unhealthy for the game. It's reliant on locker plays or bad killers who don't play around it when used by itself. Therefor, for the sake of consistency in ranking the perks by their own solo-strength, it was left out.

• Pocahoetas LV.12 Bamboozled Mar 28, 2020, 08:02 AM

I mean I agree because I run unbreakable as well

• WreckUp LV.6 Nomad Mar 29, 2020, 12:57 AM

Where is Self care?

• Czarnicks verified LV.20 S Mar 29, 2020, 05:39 AM

Its back in 2017.

Healing yourself at 50% speed means youre giving the killer a free sloppy butcher effect.

God forbid he actually has sloppy butcher, because then you're effectively healing at 25% speed, which is the biggest waste of time I can think of.

Its good for new players only because they dont need to search for a teammate to heal or use a medkit, which they might not have alot of.

Terrible perk: If you see a teammate healing with self care past rank 10, you have a 90% chance of losing the match.

Home