Botan LV.20 Dream Chaser
Jun 10, 2020, 09:08 PM 419 read

Help for a meaning of a Chinese Expression

討論區

Hi everyone, sorry to bother you with english which is not my mother tongue either.   I wanted to know the meaning of an expression I hear so many times in Chinese animes. I hear [ ja ma ], [ sha ma ], [ni sha ma], is it in fact [ zén me ] ? for what / how or maybe [ shén me ] for what / who.   I got this for example at 1m56s, [ she shén ma ]? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpeWAzuW1fQ#t=1m56s

Comment 9

• gamer327571053 LV.1 Mootie Jun 10, 2020, 09:46 PM

haha, bro, the example in video is "shi shen me", which is “是什么” in chinese. It means "what is it".

• Botan LV.20 Dream Chaser Jun 10, 2020, 09:57 PM

Thanks answering, so the "sha ma" I always hear is "shen me". Sorry for the wrong hearing/writing.

• Timhzc LV.5 Lurker Jun 10, 2020, 11:18 PM

‘ni sha ma’ means ‘are you fool?’ maybe

• Botan LV.20 Dream Chaser Jun 10, 2020, 11:30 PM

yes may be, should be close to that.

• crazdile LV.20 Creeper Jun 11, 2020, 12:26 AM

you sad {ja ma}may be {zhe me }这么,means "like this "
    {shen me}什么 means what's this if it at the beginning of the sentence。sometimes,it just means"this" XD
    the meaning of {zen me} 怎么 is like "how to",for example怎么往steam氪金啊 ”means "how to add funds into my steam wallet"~~

• Botan LV.20 Dream Chaser Jun 11, 2020, 07:05 AM

Woaw thanks, I appreciate the precision as I have still difficulties to recognize theses ones, they're close for the moment. As I heard them often I"ll be more cautious I think.

• Solamandar LV.19 Wizard Jun 11, 2020, 11:33 AM

I am pretty sure these answers have solved your questions. FYI, it might be easier if you point out the time nodes for the word you need next time.

• Botan LV.20 Dream Chaser Jun 11, 2020, 05:52 PM

I agree, thanks for answering all, I 'm not learning Chinese but as I always hear same expressions on TV Drama or Anime. I went bothering you, I' ll never ask again, I don't read CN but some answers will help making the difference in the future :D

• 偷月 LV.4 Lurker Jun 11, 2020, 11:40 AM

Lollllllll
    maybe-----------------------------------------------------
    "ja ma"="怎么?"
    "sha ma"="什么?"
    "ni sha ma"="你什么......"or"你傻吗?"or"你怎么?"
    "she shén ma"="是什么?"

You can use Google Translate
    O(∩_∩)O

Home