NO NAME verified
Apr 14, 2019, 05:46 PM 212 read

Weekly Book Recommendation #1

A new series I'm trying. Still getting used to Moot so be patient with me. This week's book is "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman. Richard Mayhew is a young man with a good heart and an ordinary life, which is changed forever when he stops to help a girl he finds bleeding on a London sidewalk. His small act of kindness propels him into a world he never dreamed existed. There are people who fall through the cracks, and Richard has become one of them. And he must learn to survive in this city of shadows and darkness, monsters and saints, murderers and angels, if he is ever to return to the London that he knew. The book is around 440 pages long. A good novel for long trips in the car or for any reading assignments. Personally, as a fan of Neil Gaiman, I find the author's writing style and vocabulary to be above average... so not a children's book. Another thing is that this book contains subject matter not suitable for children or young ages. PG-13. As for the writing style of Neil Gaiman specifically, he captures your imagination in the story expertly. You'll find yourself struggling to put down "Neverwhere" as you continue to read about Richard Mayhew's adventures through the London underground. Thank you for reading to the end and I hope that I helped you find an intriguing book to read. Nothing exercises the mind like the written word. “Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

Comment 0

Home