SpraypaintFinger LV.31 Walked the Plank
Aug 19, 2019, 10:45 AM 435 read

My thoughts on Amazon TV: The Boys.

TV

I watched 2 episodes of this atrocity and I cannot find the words to describe how upset I am. I heard all these positive things about how wonderful the characters are and how interesting the story is... blah blah blah. That show glorifies sexual assault and violence. I cannot understand why shows like this are popular. Ok, rant over. Just wanted to rescue a few people from having to watch this waste of time.

Entertainment: TV - My thoughts on Amazon TV: The Boys. image 2

Comment 5

• UltraViolence74 LV.22 Happy New Year! Aug 21, 2019, 02:53 AM

I watched the 1st episode and was like "why is this hyped so hard?" I thought it was garbage as well.

• ObliviousRex LV.36 Mod Aug 21, 2019, 02:04 AM

🤔
    I’m going to binge this over the next few days here. I’ll at very least let you know if I think it improves after the first couple episodes.

• SpraypaintFinger LV.31 Walked the Plank Aug 21, 2019, 02:59 AM

Let me know how you feel about how Starlight deals with her narrative, I personally was soooo offended lol

• ObliviousRex LV.36 Mod Aug 31, 2019, 10:43 PM

Okay, so I think it did significantly improve. The gore doesn’t calm down at all, but her story does get better. The whole thing was pretty good, at least for a metaphor about the very human complications of superheroes, both good and bad. I personally don’t feel like the story got much resolution by the end of the season, but I suppose that was to be expected. Worth watching if you’re interested in yet another superhero story, but nothing too amazing — and lots of death.

Now.... I start The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance! W00t!

• McSmigglesworth LV.30 Wizard Sep 1, 2019, 02:52 AM

I thought it was fucking great and enjoyed the shit out of it.
    It was a great take on the anti-hero story and the “other side” of the cause and effect of what hero’s do. And corporate propaganda use of celebrities and people.

To each their own though.

Home