NO NAME verified
Mar 21, 2018, 07:26 AM 1,877 read

Do you think pubg will go free as well?

Just played pubg mobile and I love it. Got 11 kills and a chicken dinner in my first match, cuz most of the players have old phones so they can't even shoot properly.   Now on topic... H1Z1 went free and fortnite is free as well. The mobile version of pubg is free. Do you think we'll see a price reduction in the future or even a free version?

PUBG: General - Do you think pubg will go free as well? image 2

Comment 3

• S7E9H [UK] LV.26 Chicken Dinner Mar 21, 2018, 08:00 AM

FYI about players having old phones, hate to burst the bubble and all of that https://moot.us/lounges/2/boards/6/posts/31172

..... but a chicken dinner is a chicken dinner.

• ItsShy LV.6 Nomad Mar 21, 2018, 08:43 AM

Nice kill

• Purple LV.18 Sage Mar 21, 2018, 10:03 AM

Being free doesn't work with PUBG's business model so I doubt we'll ever see that happen. Fortnite has been so successful with their free game for two reasons:

1) Their BR was much easier to make because they just reused the models and mechanics from their existing Save the World game mode which had been under development since 2011.

2) The game is structured around leveling up, completing achievements, and unlocking cosmetics. It's this structure that incentivizes people to spend real money to unlock battle pass/buy cosmetics.

Home