Purple LV.18 Sage
Feb 7, 2018, 01:53 PM 3,464 read

Esports Ready? Forget Latency- PUBG has a serious Hit Detection Problem

While we always love to complain about people shooting us behind walls and around corners (justifiably so) and the discussion inevitably reaches the controversial region locking, we have a bigger problem on our hands.   PUBG is one of THE most difficult games to get good at because it provides very few opportunities to practice. There is no gun range to practice shooting each weapon, and the looting mechanic means that there is no guarantee you'll end up with the gun you want to improve with. This is why every single shot -especially with a gun like the Kar98k- is the vital practice we need to transcend from minced meat to the king of chicken dinners.   There's just one problem.   When the hit detection is as atrocious as it is in PUBG we can't get the feedback we need to improve. When we spend so much time and effort to hone our aim, to finally be able to hit the guy running across the field 300m away, just to be shown that our guns are shooting phantom bullets courtesy of bad hit detection: we have a problem.

PUBG: General - Esports Ready? Forget Latency- PUBG has a serious Hit Detection Problem image 2
PUBG: General - Esports Ready? Forget Latency- PUBG has a serious Hit Detection Problem image 3

Comment 9

• Oli Pottage LV.7 Nomad Feb 7, 2018, 05:12 PM

I definitely see your point, in regards to phantom bullets but one of the main things I enjoy about PUBG is the realism. I enjoy the fact when you make a shot you don’t get hit indicators other than a splatter of blood. I feel it makes making a hard shot more satisfying. But I focus more on the fact of normal player satisfaction rather than Esports

• NO NAME verified Feb 8, 2018, 03:33 AM

I agree it is VERY hard to get better at PUBG especially with no practice shooting range. Even more so when you get a pistol and a lvl 1 helmet off the rip. My mindset when I play is to use what the game gives me and take my shots with those weapons. You become a lot more deadly when you can kill people with whatever PUBG gives you. Second, I'd like to point out on your 2nd sniper shot that you missed because you aimed too low. You aimed at his chest and the bullet dropped to his feet by the time it reached him. What makes sniping even harder imo is that you can only zero the scope now with a 8x (use to be able with the 4x) . If you zero your shot to 200m. I believe you have a way better chance at hitting him. But since you have a 4x and are about 250m away you just have to aim higher and predict his movement better. Not something you can really prepare for just got to take the shot like you did when it happens. If you want to get better at sniping play CODWWII . I believe that has made me significantly better at sniping on PUBG.

• Purple LV.18 Sage Feb 8, 2018, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback, I agree that it's really dumb that you can't zero the 4x any more. The bullet drop in this game is intense, but these shots were at too close of a distance for bullet drop to be an issue. I know it's a little hard to see since it's so small but if you look at the minimap you can see that these shots were less than 50m away.

• Casual BBQ Attire LV.7 Nomad Feb 10, 2018, 01:35 AM

Pubg is NOT esports ready

• NO NAME verified Feb 7, 2018, 10:06 PM

Yeah, yesterday I shot a guy in the head a few times and he didn’t have a level 3 helmet. After a few shoots my teammate shot him and killed him.

• Aqua squid320 LV.20 S Feb 8, 2018, 11:54 PM

I play on Xbox so o can say this is definitely a problem

• gamer221197593 LV.7 Nomad Feb 9, 2018, 08:03 AM

This is a huge problem in the game, and if Bluehole can’t prioritize their issues, it will lose traction in the near future. Instead of adding new maps first they should fix this huge issue. That’s just facts. Also, how did you get the “teams” left counter? I could really use it. Haha

• Purple LV.18 Sage Feb 9, 2018, 10:16 AM

I think it automatically shows it in replays. It would definitely be a game changer if we could see it in match!

• gamer221197593 LV.7 Nomad Feb 9, 2018, 10:20 PM

Oh, you’re right. I didn’t think about that.

Home