pencilpusher LV.7 Nomad
Feb 2, 2018, 02:15 PM 608,169 read

Enough Debate, PUBG is better than Fortnite

This is a response to yesterday's post, which argues (poorly, if I might add) that Fortnite is better than PUBG. https://moot.us/lounges/8/boards/28/posts/9969

After playing both games for a while now, I can’t help but compare them. I want to start by saying that I love both Fortnite and PUBG and consider them fantastic games in their own rights. However, after playing both games extensively, it is clear that PUBG is a better game, at least for more competitive players. Let me attempt to explain myself.

1. Realism   For starters, I think PUBG is more realistic. I know that ‘realism’ in gaming a bit of a moot point, but it is still a relevant factor for me. While I think Fortnite’s graphics are beautiful, the realistic look of PUBG simply draws me in more. I’m a very competitive person and I like to be fully immersed in the games I play. When I’m pinned down in PUBG I feel a real sense of panic that I just don’t get from Fortnite, and I think that largely comes from the visual aspect of the game.   2. First Person Mode   As a competitive player, I also seriously value PUBG’s first person mode. I didn’t originally mind the third person aspect of PUBG, but once they gave us first person perspective it was impossible for me to go back. The fights are just so much more satisfying when they feel fair. By ‘fair’ I mean to see an enemy you need to expose yourself in such a way that they can see you also. This is more of a gripe against third person mode in general and less a specific complaint about Fortnite.   3.Strategic gunplay   Building on the competitive argument, I find the gunplay in PUBG to be more strategic and satisfying. Whereas a lot of the strategy in Fortnite comes from building and positioning, most of the strategy in PUBG comes down to how you handle your gun. Do you peak the left or right side of the tree? Do you try to aim down sights or do you shoot from the hip? Single fire or automatic? The questions to answer on the fly are endless and the rewards(or consequences) are immediate.   4.Twice as many maps!   I also appreciate how PUBG has two maps instead of just one. I didn’t think I needed another map, but once they added Miramar I realized that I had been craving some diversity. I still like PUBG’s old may way more than the new one, but it is refreshing to play on two different maps. If only they’d let us pick which one we play on, but I digress. Fortnite’s map is cool, but the fact that devs said they’re not even working on another yet is a bit of a turnoff for me. I will admit, though, that the recent update to the Fortnite map is pretty sweet.   A couple final points relating to the game’s maps. The bigger size of PUBG maps means you will get more diverse end game situations. Sometimes there will be a final circle where I’ll think to myself when I’m in the top 10, ‘wow, I’ve never had a game end here before.’ I like that feeling. Finally, the larger map size enables vehicles to be a serious aspect of the game. A lot of people say Fortnite doesn’t need vehicles and I agree with them, but I still appreciate how they influence the gameplay in PUBG.   Fortnite and PUBG are both awesome games. I’m sure I’m not the only person who fell in love with the Battle Royale genre when PUBG released and I am excited to play future titles in the genre. All that said, I still find myself firing up PUBG more often than Fortnite and I expect I will continue to do so.   TL;DR: PUBG is better because it is more realistic, has first person perspective, has more strategic gunplay, and a more diverse map (2 of them actually).    

Comment 0

Home