The valley - Concept map
I have come across this concept map by IAMEZALOR, it look totally different to your standard 8km x 8km or 4 km x 4 km map.
Layout: A note narrow map layout would create more engagements between players
Size: Between 4km x 12km - 4km x 16km
Terrain: A valley that is surrounded by high mountains on all side and a river running through the centre
Buildings: A lot of smaller compounds rather then the built up areas that you see on other maps.
Inspiration: Yosemite valley, California
Please remember this is just a concept map and not one that is actually in design for the game.
Do Battle Royales make sense as Mobile games?
With Fortnite and PUBG having both released beta versions for the mobile adaptations of their games, it's clear that there is a serious drive to make battle royales the future of mobile gaming. There is no question that we will soon see a handful of high-quality battle royales on the mobile marketplace, the question is: why?
Obviously the developers are well aware of the BR bubble and want to exploit it for everything they can get. The economic incentive is certainly there, but will gamers really want to play a BR on their phone?
We all know that a game of PUBG requires your full attention and can easily take 30 mins to complete. Is this viable on mobile? I feel like people that actually want to play PUBG will just play on PC/Console.
The mobile versions of battle royales will ultimately provide a sub-par gaming experience and are unlikely to have the same success as their PC/Console counterparts.
*Read me first* before posting
Just a few tips on keeping this lounge nice and clean.
1) If you promote your stream, put it in the "my meta" section and at least give a description of your stream and what you're going to be doing...keep the posts out of the other tabs or they will be subject to deletion or be moved.
2) do not post about any other games unless it is a topic of discussion to compare with pubg.
3) ABSOLUTELY no hate speech or taboo words or phrases. They will be deleted and your account will be subject to a BAN.
4) if you want to look for someone to play with, post it inside the LFS section, which stands for "LOOKING FOR SQUAD". It's designated for those types of post.
5) Highlight section is for you to post your videos or other gameplay videos of PUBG.
6) above all else, thank you for being a part of MOOT and the growing community as a whole! Be sure to check out the other lounges too!
Stay awesome people!
Bullet Penetration is a thing now
The upcoming patch will introduce bullet penetration to the PUBG test servers. This has been something the community has been asking for since the game was still in (real) early access.
Unfortunately, it seems that Bluehole is only adding bullet pen to vehicles for now. This will obviously make driving much more risky than it already is, but until the patch is released it's unclear how big of an effect the change will have.
Vehicles wouldn't have been my focus for implementing bullet penetration but at least Bluehole has shown that they value community feedback and actually look to improve the game based on the community's preferences.
How do you guys feel about bullet pen, particularly with vehicles?
How to Enable and Disable Blue Blood: strategy to confirm hits on targets.
Making blue blood, instead of the usual red, provides a clearer visual on if or not enemies have taken damage. This is esp. effective at longer ranges, where it's more hard to see if scoped shots have landed on their mark.
Blue Blood VS Red Blood
**PUBG Blue Blood: How to Enable It
You can activate PUBG blue blood without changing the game's language to Korean.
First, you'll want to open Steam and right-click on PUBG in your Game Library. Then left-click and hit "Properties," before clicking "Set Launch Options." Finally, you'll need to type "-KoreanRating" in the text box.
**PUBG Blue Blood: How to Disable It
If you no longer want to experience PUBG blue blood, you can easily disable it. Simply follow the instructions below to make blood appear red again.
First, you'll want to open Steam and right-click on PUBG in your Game Library. Then left-click and hit "Properties," before clicking "Set Launch Options." Finally, you'll need to delete "-KoreanRating" from the text box.
Blood will now return to the usual red color. Huzzah!
@ Reflexx_ over on Reddit
StarSeries i-League PUBG: participants list revealed.
+add) The clickable link for broadcating channel → https://www.twitch.tv/starladder_pubg_en
StarSeries i-league is kicking off on Thursday.
Just two days until StarSeries i-League!
Tune in and don't miss a moment of the action.
check out the official post here.↓
The Economy of Loot Crates
With yesterday's release of the two new loot crates (Fever and Militia), I wanted to take a look at how they fared in the Marketplace. For those of you that don't know, all of PUBG's reward crates along with all of the cosmetics you can get from them are able to be bought and sold for "real money" on the Steam Marketplace. I don't know if there's an Xbox equivalent, but I would imagine there is.
Let's look at the data:
1) Fever Crate
- Opened on the market at ~$1.30
- Peaked 3 hours after open at ~$1.70
- Crashed hard. Just 12 hours after the peak the value was halved to ~$0.85
- Currently (~24hrs after open) back on a slight rise, looking to stabilize around $1.10
2) Militia Crate
- Opened on the market at ~$2.15
- Peaked 2 hours after open at ~$4.00
- Did not crash hard. Graph suggests a cup-and-handle pattern which means the value is likely to approach $4.00 again before crashing
- Currently valued at ~$3.50
-The Fever crates can only be opened using a key that costs $2.50. If we consider the relative cost of opening each crate type, the values after the open are pretty similar. For example, the cost of opening a Fever crate at its peak was $4.20; Militia was $4.00.
- The value of Militia crates showed much less volatility. This is to be expected for two reasons. First, the Militia crates do not require a purchase-only key to open. Second, receiving a Militia crate is the result of RNG (Mystery crate), which limits the potential market supply in comparison to Fever crates.
- Sell early. If you want to get the most value for your crates, you have a short window of opportunity in the couple hours after they are first released on the Steam Marketplace.
Hopefully this sheds some light on the economy of PUBG's crates and gives you an edge the next time new crates are released. Let me know what you guys think.
PUBG won't region lock China, but new Ping Based Matchmaking might prevent cross-region matchmaking.
The developers of PUBG posted a new update today, sharing the news that they will try to indroduce ping based matchmaking. They r gonna divide the matching pool depending on ping for an anti-cheat solution.
The updates are applied to the test servers this week. After the updates made to the test build are proven to be stable, they'll be applied to the live servers as well.The announcement of the timeline for the live server will be updated asap.
also, there are some changes for further optimazation of gameplay and fixes on bugs.
Please refer to the following page for the details :) ↓↓↓↓
Pc pubg custom games?
Next Thursday feb 22nd around 7:00pm Central American time, I would be willing to host a custom game for all us Moot users and have a variety of game modes.
If you're interested, please leave a comment of what custom game mode you would like to play on pc as well as your gamer tag for pubg.
We will utilize the Moot discord to meet up and discuss further.
I would like to have a commitment of 40+ people in order for this to happen and be fun!
Thanks moot pubg community!
PopularShould kills reward more BP?
Just want to get other people's opinions on the matter. One of the most annoying things is that I get a decent amount of kills and then I don't even break 1,000bp in a match.
However I've had matches where I get 1 or 2 kills and then I earn over 1,000 BP just because of a high placement position.
I personally think that BP needs more parameters and doing certain actions earns you more. Like getting 10 kills earns you something like 400 BP, getting 5 headshot kills earns you 250 BP and so on.
I would also like to see certain pieces of clothing items unlocked when you complete certain actions like getting a 500m sniper kill will give you cosmetic accessory.
It just seems like the game is not rewarding enough for playing aggressive and doing awesome things, in game.
Romanian Company PGL Announces $100,000 PUBG Tournament
From March 22-25, a spring invitational will be held for the contest with a prize pool of $100,000 USD. Sixteen teams, five being from the qualifiers, will compete for the grand prize.
Observations From My Back-to-Back Duo Wins
My duo partner and I got back-to-back chicken dinners today, first on Erangel then on Miramar. Here's some observations from these games that might help your duo games in the future.
-Neither of us had played for a couple days so we were both feeling rusty. Despite having to warm up mechanically, we made up for it by having amazing communication. All call-outs were quick, precise, and accurate. Even though we were chatting during any lulls in the game, when one of us started giving important information the other would be quiet and focused.
- It's not a competition. On the first game (Erangel) I got 6 kills and my teammate got 1. On Miramar I got 1 kill and my teammate got 6. We converted our effective communication into isolating targets for easy kills. We're both shooting at the same person so we can quickly turn a 2v2 into a 2v1.
3) Only 1 down
- Between both games we only had a total of 1 down. On the first game we dropped Military Base and my teammate immediately got downed by a shotgun. I managed to win the 1v2 with a DP-28 and revive him. Aside from this, neither of us got downed a single time during either of our wins. This is because we able to keep each other safe by accurately calling out enemy locations and informing each other if we were going to shoot/push/retreat, etc.
4) We traveled over 9km in both games
- We both like to play the center of the circle for the mid game, so we moved A LOT. One big advantage of playing the center of the circle was that it enabled us to get a few airdrops fairly uncontested. Another advantage is that we're more likely to be in the next circle, so we can loot and take fights without having to worry about not making to the next circle in time. Also, moving in general is a good tactic so that your precise location isn't known to enemies. Always move after you shoot.
5) We played the edge of the circle in the late game
- For the final circles of both games we played the edges. This is obviously a contrast to our midgame strategy, so why do we do it? The advantages of being center circle (crates, being more likely to be in the next circle) aren't relevant in the end game. By playing the edge you narrow the directions that enemies are likely to be, so you're more likely to spot an enemy and you're less likely to get snuck up on.
-The better your communication is, the better you and your teammate can focus on a specific task during a fight. "2 Enemies running west behind the green building across the road. I'm gonna take shots, focus the one on the left."
-The better you work together in a fight, the more likely you are to get a kill and to not die.
-Not dying is more important than getting a kill.
-Play the Center of the circle in the mid game, play the Edge of the circle in the end game.
PUBG's Poor Optimization is Hurting EVERYBODY - Can it be Fixed?
Story Time: I was in a gun fight against a person ~60m away who was in a 2nd story window. While I moved from one tree to another and he moved to a different window, something interesting happened. He became invisible. Now I don't mean transparent, but rather that his character model was completely indistinguishable from the window/background. I checked the replay and slowed it down to 0.25%, figuring that he must have visible on my screen and I just simply missed it. Nope.
After messing with my settings (setting brightness to max, etc) I noticed something: my resolution was set to 2560*1440 instead of 3840*2160 (4K). This probably doesn't seem like a big deal but for me it was everything. Why? Because I have a 4K monitor. After changing the resolution to 4K and watching the replay again, I could see him clear as day. The impact was absolutely massive.
So I thought, "Great! I'll just play with the right resolution and the game will be 100 times better." Nope. Turns out that even with all settings at "Very Low," I cannot play PUBG in 4K without, at least occasionally, dropping below 60fps. And it's not just my setup. There is not a single graphics card on the market that can effectively play PUBG in 4K resolution. Not a single one.
You may be thinking, "I don't have a 4K monitor so why should I care?". Here's why: it's not the graphical intensity that is causing the issue - systems that easily handle games like Witcher 3 in ultra struggle with PUBG at very low - it's the fact that PUBG isn't optimized for your hardware to be used efficiently. This means that regardless of what hardware and in-game settings you use, you're not getting the gameplay experience you should.
So what is the root of this issue and why is it hard to fix? Simply put: there's a lot of stuff going on in a game of PUBG. The map is absolutely massive, there are a ton of people each doing a bunch of different things. There's noises of different types coming from different directions at different volumes. The easy way of optimizing a game is to render fewer things. Graphically beautiful games like Horizon Zero Dawn only render what's in your visual field. Everything in front of you shows up no matter how distant it is, but everything behind you doesn't exist until you turn around.
Obviously this is not a viable solution for a battle royale like PUBG. Likewise, reducing foliage and environment rendering based on each player's hardware capabilities creates an unequal and unfair playing field.
This is a major issue, one that is not easy to fix and one that a lot of players are unaware of even though it affects every single person playing PUBG. Bluehole says they are working on it, and Patch Notes 1.03 included this message from the development team "Players, as you know, we're always working towards optimizing our gameplay environment."
I sure hope so.
Why it's good to check the safe zone...
So I was playing on PUBG, obviously, and it's closing in to the later stages of the game. Normally around this time I start to get kills and advance my play style from 'meh' to 'competetive'. I manage to bag myself two kills and then I see a third run into a house. Not even 3 seconds I jump in to try and kill him. I end up chasing him around the house, jumping back out of where I first entered the building and then I secure the kill on him. Unfortunately celebrations are short in the Melrose household... The zone comes in and kills me.Highlights