Ryan verified Admin
Apr 25, 2020, 08:02 AM 6,642 read

Ryan's Always Right: Teamfight Tactics

After spending much of my past week unsuccessfully trying to get a Valorant key, I decided to give my beta envy a break and play another one of Riot’s offerings in Teamfight Tactics. Teamfight Tactics is an auto battler and a League of Legends twist on Dota Auto Chess.

Teamfight Tactics: General - Ryan's Always Right: Teamfight Tactics image 2

The basic gameplay in TFT is what you’d expect if you’re familiar with the auto battler genre. As you attempt to outlast your opposition in the last-man-standing style game, you must defeat your enemies in combat using your ever-evolving army of units. Your units, called champions, can equip powerful items and each have their own unique abilities and special attributes that can synergize with other champions. In order to defeat your opponents, you’ll have to constantly look to upgrade your team by making the most of different items, champions, and synergies.

Teamfight Tactics: General - Ryan's Always Right: Teamfight Tactics image 4

While the core gameplay in Teamfight Tactics may be similar to most auto battlers, TFT offers plenty of twists to set it apart from the competition. For example, each game can take part in a different Galaxy which has special traits. These could include extra health, a free store reroll every turn, the ability to place an extra unit, and more. Every player in the game always gets the same bonus so the different galaxies make the game more dynamic without making it unfair. There are plenty of other ways that Teamfight Tactics accomplishes this goal, but the galaxy aspect is easily my favorite of the bunch.

Teamfight Tactics: General - Ryan's Always Right: Teamfight Tactics image 6

Despite the prevalence of mechanics that are designed to keep each game unique and interesting, there are still some aspects in which the game gets stale. Most notable of these is the champion synergies. While there are certainly enough different synergies and champions for all 8 players to get a decent composition, each game inevitably results in the same few compositions popping up at the top. There’s never any reason to stray from the meta which makes the game feel like it lacks a certain degree of innovation. That said, there is still plenty of skill involved in Teamfight Tactics and you’ll have to play with the utmost strategy if you want to climb the ranks and find victory.

Teamfight Tactics: General - Ryan's Always Right: Teamfight Tactics image 8

Overall I really enjoyed TFT and found it to be a very relaxing yet competitive game. It’s not the easiest game to pick up right away as it requires a decent amount of game knowledge for item combinations and champion synergies, but it’s also not overly difficult to learn either. While it may not have cured my longing for a Valorant key, Teamfight Tactics is a fun game and proves Riot’s competence for creating excellent games beyond League of Legends.   Ryan’s Rating: 4/5   Teamfight Tactics is free to play on PC and Mobile.

Comment 42

• G00FYG00BERS LV.21 Dub Collector Apr 26, 2020, 04:03 AM

No this game actually isn’t fun at all 😐

• OnlineBadGuy LV.2 Lurker May 4, 2020, 02:13 PM

That’s because you suck

• G00FYG00BERS LV.21 Dub Collector May 6, 2020, 10:56 PM

Your username reflects your mental capacity go back to school

• OnlineBadGuy LV.2 Lurker May 13, 2020, 04:16 AM

Get guf

• G00FYG00BERS LV.21 Dub Collector May 17, 2020, 03:03 PM

“Guf”

• IG JaySway.__ LV.11 Dub Collector Apr 26, 2020, 04:06 AM

This game sucks lol. Valorant is good and just cuz you didn’t get a key doesn’t mean this game is better lol fucking simp

• Z|Sym LV.11 Best Squadmate Apr 26, 2020, 04:41 AM

1. guess who learned about the word "simp" 2 days ago
    2. shut up no one asked for your opinion

• ART_KING LV.7 AWPer Apr 26, 2020, 04:42 AM

No one asked for ur opinion either my man

• Ruby_Ninja7 LV.18 Let’s play R6! Apr 26, 2020, 07:57 AM

you have sooo much time to insult other? he is just doing his work, leave him

• Trispears LV.3 Lurker Apr 26, 2020, 10:08 AM

That's not how you use simp

• IG JaySway.__ LV.11 Dub Collector Apr 26, 2020, 10:14 AM

Sumo can be use in many forms. Yes the common one is for dudes caving over girls. But if you expand your mind and understand that words often have many forms of context. Simp- simplton* a person who is lacking knowledge and is retarded**** not chromosonaly retarded but you get the point I hope. Or describing someone as simple* someone who is not extraordinary. As you can see your comeback is invalid. Expand your mind you fixing simp*** that’s an example you fucking retard. Lol

• Forsaken Goron LV.9 Nomad Apr 29, 2020, 08:12 AM

you dont have to be toxic because you dont have any friends and you have to fuck your mom every knight

• Ruby_Ninja7 LV.18 Let’s play R6! May 14, 2020, 05:09 PM

how much time is a whole knight?

• Ruby_Ninja7 LV.18 Let’s play R6! May 14, 2020, 05:09 PM

it's a joke btw

• ap3x lambo LV.6 Try Hard Apr 26, 2020, 04:25 AM

Tft is trash but I do have a key to valorant and it isn’t bad

• Flashafry LV.10 JUST SEND IT Apr 26, 2020, 04:54 AM

i have seen gameplay of valorant by @lilypichu on youtube, but i have played tft on my phone and i would say valorant looks better

• Mars Barkley LV.7 Gym Leader Apr 26, 2020, 04:14 AM

it took me 2 days to get a key for Valorant lol

• Raul59010 LV.2 Lurker Apr 26, 2020, 04:16 AM

what's TFT?

• ap3x lambo LV.6 Try Hard Apr 26, 2020, 04:24 AM

Team
    Fight
    Tactics

• ThunderB1rd34 LV.5 Insomniac Apr 26, 2020, 05:39 PM

These. Are. Not. comparable! A mobile auto tile fighter being compared to a PC-based FPS (first person shooter)?! Asinine!!!

• ThunderB1rd34 LV.5 Insomniac Apr 26, 2020, 05:40 PM

Go ahead and look up asinine. Your new word for ridiculous that sounds so much smarter. You’re welcome.

• ㄒ乇卂ㄥ LV.25 Dream Chaser Apr 28, 2020, 12:09 PM

People who say TFT is trash are just people who can’t sit on a chair for 40 mins and use their brains, welcome to the chaos Ryan, May the carousel be kind to you.

• MoonLight!!!! Admin Apr 28, 2020, 09:07 PM

korea ㄷㄷㄷㅈ

• gamer559060114 LV.2 Lurker Apr 30, 2020, 03:22 PM

great game
    love it

• Flashafry LV.10 JUST SEND IT Apr 26, 2020, 04:54 AM

im not good at strategy games lol

• Kassidy Hagler LV.2 Lurker Apr 26, 2020, 10:21 AM

Hey

• Kassidy Hagler LV.2 Lurker Apr 26, 2020, 10:22 AM

😂

• Kassidy Hagler LV.2 Lurker Apr 26, 2020, 10:22 AM