This is one of my favorite comps for a number of reasons.
1. Extremely flexible/versatile and easy to transition from a strong early game(brawlers/wild) into an even stronger late game(shapeshifters/full wild team)
2. Not many people are spamming this comp so it’s easy to obtain the necessary champs
3. You can hyper stack a number of the champions in this comp to make it viable. I.e. Kass, A-Sol, Shyv, Gnar, Voli.
4. There’s a wide range of items you can use in this comp on a number of the champions that will work out. I.e. RFC on the Voli, Shojun on A-Sol, Thornail on Shyv, etc. The possibilities are endless
5. Good into a lot of comps due to the mixed damage from the sorcs and the full team of wilds attack speed. 40% attack speed on your entire team adds up. That’s basically 20 recurve bows for your team
6. Last but not least, the ending to the comp can be flexed as you see fit for what you’re up against. You can drop the void buff for another glacial if you need the extra cc from your Voli, or you can drop 3 of the brawlers all together if you end up wanting to go 6 sorc with if you end up coming by a Karthus
All in all, this comp is very versatile and easy to run and it’s hard to mess up given the flexibility of who you can put items on to make it work. Good luck everyone and have fun with this one. I know I do.
My team comp
I used the glacial as to stun while I get an increase in damage from ninjas
9.14B patch updated FULL ITEM CHEAT SHEET
Cheat sheet updated with all the buffs and nerfs from patch 9.14B
Why you should play Demons this patch (9.14b)
MINI GUIDE: Noble Comp
FINAL TEAM: Fiora, Garen, Vayne, Lucian, Braum, Leona, Sejuanil, Kayle
***Start with Vayne, Garen & Fiora (Vayne is your carry, stack items on her)
***Add Ashe (or another Ranger till you find Ashe) for Ranger bonus.
***Add Braum for Glacial bonus, add Leon for Guardian bonus.
***After you find Kayle, remove Ashe and Braum and add Lucian and Kayle
***Later when you have room for one more, add Braum again. Then add either Ashe of Sejuani.
My team comp #MyTeamComp
This is my team because it's full of ladies. Ladies can represent and conquer any challenge. This is an aggressive group so we wont fall without a tough fight!
Current BEST Comps (Patch 9.14) - #2 Imperial Spark
Darius / Draven / Swain / Poppy / Sejuani / Katarina / Garen
The core of this comp is about using Ionic Spark (200 true damage) every time your opponent casts a spell. It will benefit from the Imperial buff and if you have 2 sparks, that's already 800 damage which ticks before spell cast killing the enemy unit. You'll need Draven to dish out massive DPS to kill the fronliners.
-you have a 2 star Darius and Garen
-you have the necessary components to make at least 1 Iconic Spark
-Early game: Garen and Darius are your main units. Find Katarina if possible for Imperial buff. Find other sold 2 start units.
-Mid game: You should have 4 Knights (including Garen & Darius) + Draven. Continue collecting other imperials on the bench.
-You need minimum of any 4 knights to make this comp work.
-Make Knights Vow and make 6 knights and create this ultra tanky frontline barrier.
-Only play 2 imperials or 4. NEVER 3!
-Run Poppy early game and swap out Garen. or Poppy for Kayle later.
-Run Darius and Draven first then collect all 4. Make sure the buff goes to DPS units.
IV. CARRY ITEMS:
-Draven: Guinsoo's Rageblade, Rapid Firecannon, Bloodthirster
-Swain: Ionic Spark, Phantom Dancer, Dragon's Claw
Best team comp every ...
It was every champion you need no need to decide what you u want u have them all at hand... Lol...
#MyTeamComp has a lot of everything going on, but if you get the right items on Ashe, Kayle and Braum, then you are most likely to secure an easy victory. 38% more effective if used while listening to the Power Rangers theme.
My go to comp
It’s my favorite go to build
Let me know if you have any notes or questions!
5 Things you need to know about TFT Patch 9.14B
1. ASSASSINS have been NERFED.
Assassins lost 25% of their critical strike damage at the 3 unit tier, this takes the bonus down from 150 % to 125%. They still 350% critical strike damage bonus for having 6 Assassins which should mean that Assassins are still good, they’re just a little bit more of a commitment.
2. VOLIBEAR isn't quite the monster he used to be
Last week, everyone was stacking their Volibears full of items and they were pretty much guaranteed to win the game. Riot is reducing his armor from 35 to 30. and his attack speed from .65 to .55. Volibear is still a solid part of team comp but won't be solo carrying a whole game anymore.
3. ELEMENTALISTS took a big hit.
-Elemental buff is pretty easy to turn on since you only need 3 units and the golem always comes in handy no matter what's in the rest of your comp. However, after this patch, your golem is slightly less tanky with HP reduced to 2,200 from previous 2,500.
4. WILD BUFF is BETTER now.
-This origin got a nice bonus to it's attack speed. Now, when you have 4 Wilds, all your champions gain 10% attack speed instead of 8%.
5. CURSED BLADE won't curse quite so often.
-Cursed Blade is one of the most popular items in TFT and everyone's playing against it basically. Now it only curse 20% of the time instead of 25%. Even with the nerf, it'll still be a strong item on Gunslingers.
Quick Tips for Absolute Noobs
1. Make use of losing streaks till you have 30 to 50. Then start spending.
2. Never reroll in the early game. Wait till you have reliable source of income(interest)
3. If you come across a high tier, rare champion, get him! Don't be afraid to change your comp. Get rid of weaker units.
4. Buy off units that your opponents are trying to build.
5. Once you reach the mid game, check out top players' comps to see what you're up against.
6. Position ranged carries in the middle, put tanks next to them to defend from Assassins.
7. Don't be afraid of buying and especially selling. If you don't need'em, sell'em!
8. In Carousel, look for the component item you need first, then look for the champion that fits your team.
9. Item effects can stack. Two Guardian Angels will revive you twice.
10. When you lose, check out the team comp of top players.
11. If your comp includes lots of Assassin, put your frontline units at the back. Your enemy frontline will be pulled forward and your assassins can jump on their backline.
Demon and Dragons
This team comp relies on the raw HP of shapeshifters combined with a lot of mana burn to overpower your enemies. Immortal Shyvana can carry you easily if your opponents are not prepared.
Early Game The ideal early game is getting 3 shapeshifter buff and demon buff by level 4
Mid game: Hit level 6 and roll a bit to find your 4 demons and 3 shapeshifters combo
MINI GUIDE: Imperial Comp
FINAL TEAM: Darius, Barum, Katarina, Sejuani, Leona, Draven, Swain
***Start with Darius, some Knights and any 2 start unit
***Once you find Draven, put him on board right away and stack items on him
***Do not place other Imperials unless you have all 4.
*** Then look for Sejuani > Braum > Leona last.
***Rapid Firecannon is very useful with this comp
When you're watching the fight wondering if you're gonna win
9.14B Patch Notes (Live Today!)
The first balance patch since the release of ranked is here! This patch mainly aims to nerf the Assassins and Volibears that have been dominating the meta while also buffing some of the lesser used classes such as Wilds. Let's take a look.
For all the details be sure to check out the official patch notes here:
How to POSITION your ASSASSINS
Assassins move around like no other units do. In the beginning, they enter this short stealth mode for awhile and jump towards the furthest enemy unit on the board. This unique ability is very crucial to the outcome of each round and to get the most out of this ability, you really need to know how to place your Assassins right.
If you place your Katarina and Evelynn in the first row (which you shouldn't) they can be within enemy's melee range when the round begins. Also if Assassins are within 1 unit range from an enemy, they will NOT STEALTH or JUMP. They just start attacking and act like a tank.
Luckily Zed was placed in the second row and that makes it impossible for him to be within 1 unit away from the enemey.
SO WHAT ARE THE BEST POSITIONS FOR YOUR ASSASSINS?
1) In EARLY Game: In the early stages, you cannot predict which one of your opponents you'll be face and you cannot plan against a specific enemy champion.
You can only employ general solution good for most situations: Just place your Assassin in the third or second row. They can either be group with the rest of your units or stand alone on the other side. They will jump away from your team anyway so don't expect them to protect your ranged units.
2) In LATE Game: At this stage, you really need to SCOUT your opponents. Surprisingly many users don't understand the importance of scouting in late game. You need to obtain info on your enemy's A. TEAM BUILD, B. ITEMS, and C. DANGEROUS UNITS YOU NEED TO TARGET. Identify the threat and position your Assassins accordingly.
***TIP: In LATE game, your opponents will often place their units together in a tight group so it's more difficult for your Assassin to jump over and only target the dangerous unit.
If this is the case, move all your front line units to the 3rd row. Then place your Assassins on the 2nd row. The round begins, Assassins enter stealth mode and it'll pull the enemy team off the board's edge and your Assassins will have some room to dive to main targets and sort them out.
Lastly, Never place your ASSASSINS on the first row. They won't STEALTH or JUMP.
Weekly Beta Pass Challenge: "Mine" 20 gold in 1 stage
One of the weekly Beta Pass challenges for TFT is asking players to 'mine 20 gold in one stage." So, how do you do it?. It sounds rather confusing they are asking you do "mine" gold.
However, you aren't actually "mining" gold in the game. Riot simply wants you to generate 20 gold from interest within one stage. Only the interest earned from the gold you have in your pocket will count, which means gold from your Pirate comp or from win streaks or lose streaks don't count.
Save up to 50 gold by mid game. Complete 4 rounds in stage 3 (for example) would give you 20 gold interest you need. Do not re-roll until then.
the BEST Gunslinger Team Comp (PATCH 9.14)
With the 9.14 patch, Gunslingers got a pretty good buff. So master the art of putting together a perfect Gunslinger Team Comp and you will enjoy a lot of victories!
1) Gunslingers are on high demand now that the 9.14 patch is out.
2) Get a hold of as many on-hit items on them as possible to debuff your enemey.
3) Pair the Gunslingers with Pirates for more gold and roll earlier.
Gunslinger & Pirate Comp:
You get a pretty powerful buff with Gunslingers and you'll have a 50% chance to fire additional attacks and stack that, you'll attack 1 additional enemy and then 2 more!
You will take advantage of on-hit items that can debuff the entire teams!
With the extra gold you earn with Pirates goes to rolling.
There's no tank with this build in the early game. Place Lucian in front and keep other units away from the chaos. Your goal is to debuff your enemy team enough so they cannot inflict too much damage on you.
In later stages, of course Cho'gath and Sejuani and absorb some damage.
1) Early game - Equip Cursed Blade & Red Buff on Gunslingers to debuff your opponent team. To make these you'll need Chain Vest, giant Belt, Negatron Cloak and Recurve Bow.
You will place these early items on Tristana since she's got the fastest attack speed and her ability can spread the debuffs to every single units on your opponents team.
Depending on the type of items you get, you can either put Spear of Sho'jin/Guinsoo's Rageblade on Pyke, OR Hush/Sword Breaker on Lucian.
***The key unit here is Tristana. If you can 2 star her early, this comp will work out for you smoothly. Team her up with Lucian and Graves as early as possible for that delicious Gunslinger buff.
2) Mid game - By this stage, you should've upgraded some of your lower tier champion and now you can start populating your team with Pirates for the synergy. With Pirates, you'll rolling and leveling up faster. Look out for Pykes and Ganbplanks.
3) Late game - By this point, you will have your 2 main synergies filled out. Now you can go for Cho'Gath and Sejuani to complete your team. Place them upfront . In case you come across Miss Fortune, grab her and replace Gangplank or Graves with her unless they are already 3 star.
Everything we know about Twisted Fate
1) Very Fragile (450HP/lvl1, 810HP/lvl2) - similar to Ahri & Veigar
2) Ults for 50 mana (can cast more frequently)
3) 3 range
1) 3 random cards: A stun, AoE, Mana restore
2) Activates with 50 mana, rotating set of cards appear
1) Spear of Shojin: More ults, More cards, More mana for your team
2) Guinsoo's Rageblade: Attack speed and AP
3) Seraph's Embrace: More ults, Morea cards, More mana for your team
TF can fit in with any comp running Pirates or Sorcerers.
1) 6 Sorcerer Comps:
Twisted Fate: CC and Mana Battery. Rank him up.
2) Pirate Comps:
Twisted Fate: brings the Pirate buff up earlier in the game.
TF is pretty fragile with 3 range. Put him next to your ranged carry.
He can feed mana. Place him behind (not the furthest behind) and close to everyone else.
1) TF is a great transition unit. He opens up options for early pirate buff and role fills well in sorcerer comp.
2) Don't be afraid to use him. Buy him, give him items, then sell him after he served his purpose.
3) TF is a great support unit that lights other units.
JoshOG wins TFT Showdown!
JoshOG is your TFT Showdown winner! JoshOG started the day out with the Volibear carry that he pioneered and it was the very same Volibear that ultimately got him the win. In an insane unexpected play, JoshOG double ghostbladed his Volibear expecting the second one to pop off. Instead of popping off however, both ghostblades stayed on Volibear and granted him double assassin bonuses! This meant that Volibear was hitting for over 1k every auto. What a great tournament, congrats to JoshOG!
Critical Damage Formulas
Basic attacks have a chance to critically strike to deal 50% bonus damage, determined by critical strike chance.
Every champion starts with 25% critical strike chance.
The bonus damage is further increased by Critical Strike Damage.
T3 vs. T2
Been testing out different strategies, but what are your thoughts on going for a t3 unit over saving your gold to get more t2 units?
Curious to see what you guys think!
7/23 PBE Changes
A bunch of changes are hitting the PBE and could be making their way to live soon. Here are some of the more notable changes:
1. Assassins: 125%/400% bonus crit dmg
2. Sorcerer: Tier 1 buffed to 45% bonus spell dmg
3. Void: Void champs deal true dmg
4. Brawlers: 3 tiers, 2/4/6, providing 300/700/1200 bonus hp
5. Noble: +80 armor, +80 mr, +35 hp on-hit t
6. Ninja: +70% attack dmg on both tiers
7. Wild: 10% attack speed per stack
8. Dragons: 83% magic dmg reduction
9. Shapeshifters: 2 tiers, 3/6, +60% hp and +120% hp
You can check out all the changes along with pictures here:
How to Match Component Items to your Champions
B.F Sword ===> Darius
(+20 attack damage) This item is best suited to Darius since one of his best stats is attack damage. Combine it with a Needlessly Large Rod to make a Hextech Gunblade and heal 25% of the damage you deal.
Recurve Bow ===> Ashe
(+20% attack speed) The bow goes on Ashe and you can start building around her attack speed. Watch out for a Tear of the Goddess and combine the two to make Statikk Shiv. Once the built is complete, her every 3rd attack will deal 100 splash magical damage.
Chain Vest ===> Leona
(+20 armour) Build around Leona's strong armour stat. Find a Needlessly Large Rod to make her a Locket of the Iron Solari to shield units around her for 200 health.
Negatron Cloak ===> Poppy
This item will further increase her magic resist which is already strong. Throw in a Chain Vest to make Thornmail and reflect 35% of the damage taken from attacks.
Needlessly Large Rod ===> Swain
(+20% spell damage) This item is perfect for Swain since he already has a decent mana and ability power. Get a Giant's Belt and create Morellonomicon. He'll cast spells with burn damage and prevent healing.
Tear of the Goddess ===> Varus
(+20 starting mana) Varus has decent ability power and mana base stats. Look for Needlessly Large Rod to create a Luden's Echo. Once you complete the build, you'll deal 200 splash damage.
Giant's Belt ===> Volibear
(+200 health) his already solid health pool, Volibear is an ideal candidate for this belt. Combine it with Recurve Bow and create a Titanic Hydra. Volibear's maximum HP's 10% will be dealt as splash damage.
Phantom Comp that Works
First of all, Phantoms are a very small Origin, so you'll have to build your team with other Origins and Classes to make it work. The best way to build a working team with Phantoms at the moment is to utilize Glacial Rangers. Start buying Mordekaiser, Vayne, and Garen early on. Then bring in Ashe, Sejuani and Volibear in mid game.
NO: You don't wanna itemize Mordekaiser or Kindred
MAYBE: Ironically, you don't really have to have Cho'Cath and Kindred to make this comp work.
YES: Focus on Ashe and Vayne as your key champions.
Equip Ashe with 2 Spear of Shojin and Rapid Firecannon
Equip Vayne with 2 Guinsoo's Rageblade, Rapid Firecannon
Equip Varus with Guinsoo's Rageblade, Rabadon's Deathcap, Seraph's Embrace
an Effective Comp after 9.14 - Shapeshifter Demons
Patch 9.14 is live now and Elise is a tier one unit. You can get Elise and Nidalee and level up to 2 stars pretty early in the game now. If you succeed at acquiring 2 star Elise & Nidalee early on, this comp will deliver massive damage. Don't forget to grab Varus as well early on and you will enjoy this game.
While in the mid-game, you should begin to get the Shapeshifter buff and Demon buff. Start looking for Shyvana who will be one of your main carries and Aatrox. Make sure you get 4 Demons and 3 Shapeshifters on board.
Your final comp should include:
Aatrox, Aurelion Sol, Elise, Gnar, Morgana, Varus, Shyvana
4 Demons: Demons have 50% chance on hit to burn all garget's current mana, dealing true damage equal to the amount burned.
3 Shapeshifters: On transform, gain 60% max HP
2 Dragons: Dragons immune to Magic Damage.
Warmog's Armor = Giant's Belt + Giant's Belt
Rapid Firecannon = Recurve Bow + Recurve Bow
Hextech Gunblade = BF Sword + Needlessly Large Rod
Seraph's Embrace = Tear of the Goddess + Tear of the Goddess
Guinsoo's Rageblade = Needlessly Large Rod + Recurve Bow
Rabadon's Deathcap = Needlessly Large Rod + Needlessly Large Rod
Most Popular TEAM COMPS right now
It looks like everyone's trying to pair Ninjas with Assassins or Elementlists in the game right now. -Run an early WILD buff build with Warwick and Nidalee or 3 Noble while collecting Lissandra, Pyke, Zed, Shen, Make the Lockets and Zeke's Herald. Find Kennen and Brand (possibly from carousel) and get early Elementalist buff
2. Volibear Brawler/Glacial
Brawlers are one the most powerful classes at the moment after 9.14 patch. Equip Volibear with Rapid Firecannon and he'll be unstoppable.
Gunslingers got pretty good buff in 9.14 patch. Throw in as many on-hit items on your champions to debuff your enemy team aggressively.