Senna LV.4 Lurker
Jul 8, 2020, 11:37 AM 71 read

Warship rebalance

General

Most of the 5 star ship's stats are seriously overpowered compared to their historical counterparts. I understand that a 4 tubes torpedo Ashanti is stronger than the long lance 15 tubes torpedo cruiser Shimakaze is for balancing, but when you witness your Shimakaze lost only because it has more torpedoes is quite silly, isn't it? Some of the battleships also have what i think a useless buff to their underpowered stats such as the Amagi, she has 8 torpedoes that in my experience never hit anything in pvp because the wide spread of the torpedoes, and it's abysmal range can't even protect herself from destroyers. Now the devs are starting to change the mechanics of the ships combat and rebalancing here and there, but i just think that they haven't done anything significant to this point.

Comment 3

• zombiekatzu LV.5 Lurker Jul 9, 2020, 06:31 AM

maybe check your stats again, Amagi is 2nd in range only to Yamato. It's the highest damage per second battleship, and even excluding torpedoes would be 3rd hightest. It also has lower than average armor compared to the other 5* battleships.

Ashanti does have the lowest torpedo dps of the 5* destroyers (shimakaze is top), but the 2nd highest main gun dps (behind akizuki).

• Senna LV.4 Lurker Jul 11, 2020, 02:35 AM

That is when you only count the numbers. Numbers only serve as 'only if', when you put the Amagi against Ise both on unique, Ise gets around 10% more main battery damage than Amagi. Now the point i forgot to mention here is how obscure the devs describe the stats of the ships, sure the number of this is higher than that, but when you put it on practice, it shows a completely different result than what you expecr.

• zombiekatzu LV.5 Lurker Jul 14, 2020, 04:30 AM

If anything Ise is overpowered as a 3*. Ise's main battery dps is about 4,300 (2nd highest in the game after fuso) compared to Amagi's 3,300. But Amagi has a 13,700 secondary dps to ise's 10,700, as well as torpedoes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14nh7aj1pFAzOxElHrd6wtrdmHv-uhbKXjPCUBhYu1zY/edit?usp=sharing

Home