Xaryu Xaryu LV.5 Lurker
Jun 18, 2018, 08:15 PM 2,443 read

Battle for Azeroth PvP Discussion

Hey guys Xaryu here and today I will be briefly discussing my thoughts about Battle for Azeroth PvP!   Things I am worried about: 1) PvP talent choices reduced to only four abilities. In BfA beta we can see that there will be 4 abilities we can choose. The first being trinket choice (Gladiator's Medallion, Relentless, or Adaptation), and the next three choices being one of Eleven or Twelve talents to choose from in each row. Having only four abilities is limiting, compared to having more in previous expansion, this is worrisome for the customization options in PvP. 2) Cool down abilities added to GCD (Global cool down). Currently, abilities like Icy veins, arcane power, etc. are placed off the GCD. However, in the expansion these abilities are being placed on GCD. This change leads me to believe the pace of PvP is going to be slowed down, also having me worried. 3) Some artifact abilities are being removed. Arcane mage artifact ability 'Mark of Aluneth' is being removed in the next expansion along with Sub rogue artifact ability 'Goremaws Bite'. The removal of these core abilities makes some classes feel lack luster, compared to the current expansion, Legion.   Things I am excited about: 1) New combinations of abilities with no tier system for PvP talent choices. With the removal of a tier system never before seen combinations of PvP talent choices are now going to be available, it will be interesting to see how the meta game evolves with a new way to build classes. 2) In general, a new meta game. In each expansion we see things shake up. New compositions are created, new strategies are formed, old players fall, new players rise. I am excited to see this take place with a new foundation in PvP. 3) Stat templates are being removed, kinda. Currently stat templates dictate 100% of your stats in any type of rated PvP or Battlegrounds, however, in the BfA some customization (unknown currently) is going to be in place allowing players to decide how much of each stat they desire. For example, while playing a Mage you could choose to have more haste to land more CC, or have more Mastery to burst harder. This is exciting because it adds customization back to PvP.   What do you guys think? Is there more to nervous about or excited about? What is your favorite new feature of the expansion?

Comment 0

Home