Skaffa93 LV.4 Epic
Feb 13, 2020, 07:52 AM 247 read

A boresome and tedious grind.

Suggestions to Devs

Alright, here's a suggestion.. Cap max transcendence at T7. Increasing the cap all the way to T10 won't increase the longevity of the game since it will just dull the experience of aquiring servants. What all gacha games revolve around is the excitement of aquiring monsters / servants right? I've found that, in HoL, that excitement is not really there as much, since nat5s really are a dime a dozen, and once you get that servant you've been aiming for, you realise that to actually make it competitively useful you need 5 more of them, which is a bit discouraging. Now in a way the transcendence system does make up for the ease of aquiring single servants as it still provides us a challenge and a sense of having accomplished something worthwhile. The problem lies in the fact that this process of getting new individual servants on the road to T5 is quite boring and uneventful. Even when I get a L/D nat5 I don't really skip a beat and practically forget about it in 30 minutes. It's only fun when a servant finally starts to reach its max potential, in my experience. We don't know the amount of exp needed for a T10 servant, but by the looks of it will be about 8-10k, so 17 - 21 servants? Imagine what new players might think, their excitement of getting a 5 star servant will quickly be crushed by the realisation that they only have gotten one out of 17 fragments to fully unlocking its potential. It feels like you just got 1/17th of a servant.. And the other 16 feel just as uneventful, the whole process will just feel like a boresome and tedious grind, which really isn't necessary. What I'm trying to say is that there seems to be a goldilocks zone between a challenge and a boring grind, between the ease of aquiring servants and the amount needed to transcend them fully. T10 or 17 - 21 identical servants and the ability to farm a dozen nat5s a week seems to me like it will just make the game extremely boring as it way overshoots this "goldilocks zone". Multiplying the speed of shard farming by 4 does help, but at the same time will make the aquisition of servants even more mundane, instead make it 2-3 times faster so it stays somewhat rewarding and challenging. Instead of raising the cap to T10, make T7 the final max transcendence level, forever. The whole process of building a servant to its max growth potential shouldn't take more than 1.5 times the amount of time it takes now. At a certain point players want to move on to building new and different servants so by increasing the time it takes to max a servant too much you will just make players feel stuck and confined. Don't lock anything behind a paywall, don't discourage f2p players, the number one reason people like this game compared to other gacha games is that you give out a lot of freebies in events and game modes to support free to play players, this update will throw all of that out the window and will make you seem greedy, please think about this. Sorry for the wall of text, but you've been asking for suggestions so here's mine.

Comment 3

• DeathWalker LV.8 Nomad Feb 13, 2020, 03:35 PM

T7 is better than T10
    but T5 is the best

but I think that GamEVIL prooves that they will not listen to the community
    they only want our money as fast as possible and the new update is all about it

everyone has to make his decision what to deal with it
    I personally will spend any money in this game anymore
    I will change to f2p status and look what happens with the game
    but I feel that my motivation to play this game is gone ...

• arnezz LV.4 Lurker Feb 13, 2020, 08:26 AM

excellent points there. As well as the solution to keep the community relatively happy by doing capping the trans to 7 instead of 10

• gamer546152837 LV.2 Lurker Feb 19, 2020, 05:12 PM

Tediousness for no reason, well no good reason anyway. Also increased boredom. Also causing frustration increases exponentially. But hey lets do it anyway. I have zero motivations to move forward with this game. Lots of thing with this update is must have more than paying for convenience and speed. So screw that. I hate being forced.

Home