CM_Heylel LV.21 GameManager
Oct 14, 2020, 06:52 AM 1,617 read

Dev Note #135: Notice Regarding Valor Usage After Update

Dev Notes
HEIR OF LIGHT: Dev Notes - Dev Note #135: Notice Regarding Valor Usage After Update image 1

Greetings Heirs,   After 5.0 Update, we monitored both in-game chat and various communities for feedbacks for Skip system.   Some Heirs were satisfied with the new Skip system not only because Heirs no longer had to leave their phone on, but also because Skip system allowed faster servant growth, allowing Heirs to spend more time studying Gear or team composition. Other Heirs were disappointed about the change since there were not much do to after spending all the Energy, especially now that Heirs cannot use the Valor they saved up on some core contents of the game. Some Heirs even preferred slower growth from previous build.   We wanted new Heirs to utilize Skip system for quick servant growth whenever they get stuck in Explore or Dungeon. However, it seemed like Energy was only limiting the stage progression for new Heirs, forcing them to wait for Energy to refill after spending all the Energy with Skip.   Also, we believe that many Heirs were probably confused and disappointed that they can no longer use the Valors they have been saving for future farming .   In the previous Dev Note, we mentioned a system that allows Heirs to convert Valor into Energy. After reviewing various feedbacks after the Update, we decided to add a new system that converts Valor into Energy so that Heirs can convert the Valors they have been saving into Energy for faster growth.   Please note that since we just had an update yesterday, it could take some time for us to bring the update due to necessary development & QA process. We will try to bring an update as soon as possible.   We will make a separate notice once we are ready for the update.   Thank you.   Flynn  

Comment 8

• gamer319757398 LV.13 Chief Oct 14, 2020, 07:26 AM

just ensure a ridiculous exchange rate is avoided.
    else you are likely to make it 100 valor = 1 energy and further reduce it based on 'feedback' over another year.

• H311aciouss LV.3 Lurker Oct 15, 2020, 01:13 AM

no way should it be 100:1, should be like 5:1.

• Trivolin Pillay LV.2 Lurker Oct 14, 2020, 03:14 PM

Thank you, we appreciate what you are trying to do.

• H311aciouss LV.3 Lurker Oct 15, 2020, 01:12 AM

I don't get the whole reasoning behind this valor change. it sounds like a load of BS. if you felt newer players were advancing too slow because of valor then you could have just increased the amount of valor rewards for new players instead of completely changing the system that completely disregards how your old loyal players who have spent money on this game because they enjoyed it feel about the game and how it's being changed. you could also streamline the amount of loading between battles, especially on repeat battles. you could have also just added the option to use energy to skip battles while still being able to use valor to do the battles on repeat. why do developers always destroy their games with short-sighted changes?

• CrazyPheonix LV.12 Champion Oct 15, 2020, 07:22 AM

I'm very mad and severely disappointed for over 2 weeks I'm not able to play the game because keeps restarting after closing the events page which automatically goes to before I can get to the lobby have posted message on bug report and to devs but after all this time still the same fix it I'm on android device don't really need to have the events page load when logging in as I check events through links in game

• ঐariewayq LV.20 AWPer Oct 17, 2020, 04:38 PM

i have heroes but like shit 😭😭

• EienBattle LV.6 Nomad Oct 20, 2020, 04:37 AM

I am enjoying the faster development and really loving that I can turn my phone off. The Valor to energy rate feels rather steep but it is much better than just letting the Valor go to waste.

• Botwin LV.2 Lurker Oct 24, 2020, 06:39 AM

I have played this game for a long time - and quit after the trancendece update. (which was for me to grindy. I didnt like the fact that i could only make progress if my PC (i play on emulator) must run 24/7 - could not even imagine that some people do this on mobile).
    Now - I am very happy with new game format and I, for my turn belive in this. the game is about collecting heroes - opimizing gear and team composition, and not to look 1000 of times the same combat. Now - the fun is coming back, ty for this.
    I really like thayt you (the developer/studio) are not afraid to change gaming formats - and especally look to the voice of the community. Not many game dev studios are doing this. So thank you for your courage to trying so huge changing in game concepts. I am sure that that make the diffrence, to be a successful company on the market in the long term.
    I could also imagine that exactly the same game+game mechanics would even be more sucessfull on a larger player base - if the art style would be more cute/manga (yes - I know what your are thinking: that is - what make HoL different... but believe me: that's what the masses want).
    Ok - one more time : thank you, great job - keep going!

IamBotwin

Home