CM_Heylel LV.21 GameManager
Feb 11, 2020, 12:41 PM 2,461 read

Dev Note #104: 2nd Anniversary 4.0 Update Preview Part 4: Additional Notice

Dev Notes
HEIR OF LIGHT: Dev Notes - Dev Note #104: 2nd Anniversary 4.0 Update Preview Part 4: Additional Notice image 1

Greetings Heirs,   We are here to cover some general questions from the community that was brought up after the last Dev Note.   ⭕️ What are the conditions to unlock 4 regions of Purifying Grounds?   1st region of Purifying Grounds is open to all Heirs. For the 2nd region, we are thinking about various conditions to unlock it. Instead of unlocking a specific region, you must unlock each region in sequence with [Open+1 Slot]. If you purchase [Open+1 Slot] from the milage shop, you can permanently unlock 2 regions. (The mileage point is not confirmed but we are not planning to make it high) Also, the All-In-One package has [Open+1 Slot] effect so if you purchase it, you will be able to unlock the 3rd region. The last region is planned to be sold for 30 days by purchasing it with money or in-game currencies (karats). Thus, you can unlock each region in the Purifying Grounds by > Open+1 Slot (Permanent) product > Open+1 Slot (30 days) product > All-in-One Package These products do not have any order of purchase because a specific product is not associated with a specific region.   The [Open+1 Slot] for Purifying Grounds is not designed to be accommodated with a large amount of money. We did not finalize what kind of current would be required to unlock the region We are planning to allow Heirs to shard farm for Light/Dark Servants at a small cost.   ⭕️ Isn't it difficult to use the Purifying Grounds without making a large amount of purchase?   As we have explained above, there are 4 regions to the Purifying Grounds. Even without making any purchases, the [1st region] and [Explore/Sanc] will be available and can be used at the same time. You will be able to farm shards for 2 servants at the same time. If you purchase 2 [Open+1 Slot], you will be able to unlock the Purifying region up 3 regions, which will allow you to farm light/dark servant shards. (You will be able to farm servant shards that were not available to farm)   Karats and Mileage will be enough up to the 3 regions, but you will need the All-in-One package to unlock the last region. (If you are going to shard farm without the All-In-One package, it will be a bit difficult due to the valor and time. It will be same as the current method of shard farming) We think that the All-In-One purchase is a pre-requisite for farming so we decided to add [Open+1 Slot] effect in the All-in-One package. If we don't put this condition, then we will be adding a different cost for the region to farm Collaboration/Light&dark servants that are not available for shard farming. The difficulty of obtaining these servants must be high. Wouldn't it be better to receive extra cost to unlock a region for these servants? If we don't receive extra cost to unlock the region for these servants, would it satisfy the users who have spent extra cost and resources to obtain these servants? Instead of adding additional cost to unlock a region, we decided to add the benefit to the All-In-One pack which many heirs use for shard farming.   ⭕️ Aren't you focusing too much on In-App Purchases?   As we talked about Purifying Ground in the previous Dev Note, we mentioned In-App Purchases more than we did in other Dev Notes. We don't want to say In-App Purchases is completely unrelated. However, the reason it seems like we are putting greater emphasis on In-App Purchase is because of the characteristics of Purifying Ground. Every region of Purifying Ground shortens the shard farming process significantly, as it allows Heirs to farm while playing other contents or staying offline from Heir of Light.   We want to clarify that Heirs will be able to enjoy various contents of Heir of Light, such as Dungeon, Explore, Sanctuary, Raid, and Abaddon, while they have their special force team deployed for an expedition in Purifying Ground.   Once Heirs open all 4 regions of Purifying Ground, Heirs will be able to farm from 5 regions including Exploration/Sanctuary. Ultimately, if Heirs used to collect 10 shards a day, Heirs will be able to collect 50 shards a day from now on.   For the most part, In-App Purchases in Heir of Light is connected to saving time. While In-App Purchase is not necessary to enjoy Heir of Light, Heirs can turn to In-App Purchases when they want to play more or progress faster. We prepared Purifying Ground as a "time-saving content," which is why Purifying Ground is closely tied to In-App Purchases. While Heir of Light has various contents related to time consumption, Heir of Light has been providing a lot of resources as event rewards. While many Heirs love the event rewards, the rewards were outshining what Heirs were getting from In-App Purchases in a smaller unit. Therefore, we wanted to give more incentives to players for In-App Purchases even in smaller units. Purifying Ground is quite similar to Mission Package in terms of its purpose.   ⭕️ Is All-in-One Package necessary to transcend Collaboration servants?   We want to reassure players that we are preparing various means of acquiring Common Shard. While it may take some time, transcending Collaboration servants is possible as Common Shard will be available from in-game gameplay, events, and In-App Purchases. We intentionally designed Purifying Ground so that Collaboration servants naturally take longer to transcend with Common Shard to honor the effort of Heirs that invested a lot of resources during the Collaboration period to fully transcend Collaboration servants. We hope that Heirs feel that we found an appropriate middle ground for Heirs that invested in Collaboration servants and Heirs that didn't.   Heir of Light allows players to progress without In-App Purchases as long as they participate in various events. We will continue to look after various aids for F2P players, and we assure you that it is not our direction to make Heir of Light P2W game. (We are preparing a ★5 Select Summon as an upcoming pre-registration reward, and we will be giving out even greater rewards for future Updates.) We also believe it is important to provide enough benefits to players that spent even the smallest amount, providing various perks to support the progression.   We covered some questions brought up by the community today. Please feel free to leave any feedback in the comment below.   Thank you.

Comment 12

• gamer319757398 LV.11 Chief Feb 11, 2020, 02:40 PM

do tell how do you plan on reverting the fused away dupes of ld/rgb units.

will you guys be running a script/bot which will revert the units or what is going to happen ?

all the fused away dupes of servants which were t5a5 is a HUGE BLOW which needs to be fixed.

awaiting a concrete response....and not some crap stating "we also fused away our servants"....

• Skaffa93 LV.4 Epic Feb 13, 2020, 07:44 AM

Alright, here's a suggestion.. Cap max transcendence at T7.

Increasing the cap all the way to T10 won't increase the longevity of the game since it will just dull the experience of aquiring servants.

What all gacha games revolve around is the excitement of aquiring monsters / servants right?

I've found that, in HoL, that excitement is not really there as much, since nat5s really are a dime a dozen, and once you get that servant you've been aiming for, you realise that to actually make it competitively useful you need 5 more of them, which is a bit discouraging.

Now in a way the transcendence system does make up for the ease of aquiring single servants as it still provides us a challenge and a sense of having accomplished something worthwhile. The problem lies in the fact that this process of getting new individual servants on the road to T5 is quite boring and uneventful.

Even when I get a L/D nat5 I don't really skip a beat and practically forget about it in 30 minutes.

It's only fun when a servant finally starts to reach its max potential, in my experience.

We don't know the amount of exp needed for a T10 servant, but by the looks of it will be about 8-10k, so 17 - 21 servants?

Imagine what new players might think, their excitement of getting a 5 star servant will quickly be crushed by the realisation that they only have gotten one out of 17 fragments to fully unlocking its potential. It feels like you just got 1/17th of a servant.. And the other 16 feel just as uneventful, the whole process will just feel like a boresome and tedious grind, which really isn't necessary.

What I'm trying to say is that there seems to be a goldilocks zone between a challenge and a boring grind, between the ease of aquiring servants and the amount needed to transcend them fully.

T10 or 17 - 21 identical servants and the ability to farm a dozen nat5s a week seems to me like it will just make the game extremely boring as it way overshoots this "goldilocks zone".

Multiplying the speed of shard farming by 4 does help, but at the same time will make the aquisition of servants even more mundane, instead make it 2-3 times faster so it stays somewhat rewarding and challenging.

Instead of raising the cap to T10, make T7 the final max transcendence level, forever.

The whole process of building a servant to its max growth potential shouldn't take more than 1.5 times the amount of time it takes now. At a certain point players want to move on to building new and different servants so by increasing the time it takes to max a servant too much you will just make players feel stuck and confined.

Don't lock anything behind a paywall, don't discourage f2p players, the number one reason people like this game compared to other gacha games is that you give out a lot of freebies in events and game modes to support free to play players, this update will throw all of that out the window and will make you seem greedy, please think about this.

Sorry for the wall of text, but you've been asking for suggestions so here's mine.

• arnezz LV.4 Lurker Feb 13, 2020, 07:53 AM

Make sure to post it on Discord. That's a really good one and you've got everything on point. Hopefully the devs will see it.

• DeathWalker LV.8 Nomad Feb 11, 2020, 03:00 PM

where are the good news?

it is still a p2w update
    t10 will be the new max
    we still need at least 100 Euro to open all slots

why shall I pay to play HoL while new good f2p games are coming out soon?

• SteelStryker LV.4 Lurker Feb 11, 2020, 07:54 PM

Agreed with most of the feedback here. By enabling farming of L/D (and collab?) servants only behind the 3rd region, you're basically locking away critical content behind a big paywall, since, as you stated, the mileage cost will be high. Yes, you could farm the L/D servants in Explore, but the rate there alone is so low, it's pointless in light of the new Transcendant maximum requirements. Thus, I think your assessment that the pay items are only to save time is not accurate because of this.

My suggestion: If you make enable the farming of L/D (and collab?) servants behind the 2nd region, then and maybe limit it to just 2 slots, then it would at least enable F2P players to have a chance at catching up. Then maybe the 3rd region unlocks 4 more L/D (and collab?) slots.

You should measure how long it will take super-hard-working F2P players to get into the top [50-100] player status vs. paying players. With the current plan, it looks completely impossible for any F2P players to have a chance to compete.

And it's F2P-friendliness is more about ability to compete, less about free gifts given.

• ~ Callof123 ~ LV.25 Beast Feb 12, 2020, 12:54 AM

Issue is, Leo was under the assumption that players don’t farm LnD without packages , hence he thought if your gonna pay, pay well 😂 at this point honestly just better to wait for the actual update,

They forget that the mass of players is f2p on any game including this game, and some even farmed lnd as a f2p even collabs lol..
    I don’t mind if all the purity sanctions are available as a karat price , but then valor will be an issue I assume.. so as long as it’s realistic for all players then it should be fine ...

As for the ts system, as much as it’s nice to have something new, I’ve always said does the game need a power surge at this point of time ?

Meh, at this point I’m just waiting for the update, it’s clear the mass do not like the upcoming changes, guess the devs need to actually see the player base decreasing to actually believe that there is a negative vibe to this ...

Also it seems, lnd is only for p2p players and f2p should enjoy the game with rgb.. amazing right !?

• arnezz LV.4 Lurker Feb 12, 2020, 01:20 AM

at this point might as well divide all players in two groups: all-in-one package players and non AOI package players

• MysticHLE LV.5 Lurker Feb 12, 2020, 12:19 PM

I shard farm LDs without AIO package, and I'm still highly disappointed in this change due to the further gap it will create.

• gamer885309551 LV.1 Mootie Feb 13, 2020, 01:31 AM

Totaly player who purchase all-one packs will have T10 light/dark nat5 servents after one mounth, while the ones who spent hours each day for mounths will not have one T10 light/dark servent, that your updat

• DarkServant LV.2 Lurker Feb 14, 2020, 07:12 PM

I don’t like the transcendence change but I will not try to hold your game hostage by threats or by bullying. I appreciate you letting me play and I will likely be playing this for years to come.

• EcchiKun LV.8 Nomad Feb 13, 2020, 11:46 PM

Question : we can farm L/D shards from the third region and we can unlock upto 3rd region with karats right? Just to confirm

Also how much would open+1 slot would cost? Any plans for that yet?

• gamer372758072 LV.3 Lurker Feb 17, 2020, 04:56 PM

I like "HEIR OF LIGHT" very much. At present, the 10th level transcendence will be opened, but I hope it is the end of transcendence. Level 10 transcendence will be a long and exhausting process for players, and it will also cause trouble for game developers and players. The trouble for players is whether to surpass level 10 of some characters. Will it appear that I spent a lot of energy, time and money to complete level 10 surpassing. Game developers release new characters, which can completely crush my hard-earned level 10 Super characters. The trouble for game developers will be the release of new characters. Releasing new characters is not powerful enough, no player will pay. The new characters released are too powerful, which will cause the old players to be extremely dissatisfied. In the end, it has a very negative impact on the game. I don't think the later focus of the game should be on transcendence. A long period of character acquisition will cause great fatigue for players. The later focus of the game should be on the acquisition of treasures, such as equipment, materials, passes, etc. In fact, it can expand the equipment system. I have an idea to change the first six main attributes of the equipment to attack + Defense + physical strength, and expand the secondary attributes to six random attributes (including critical hit rate, critical damage, speed, attack%, defense%, physical strength%, effect resistance%, effect hit%, follow-up chain%, public CD reset%, critical hit resistance%, ignoring defense resistance%). The last two equipment's main attributes are random speed, critical hit rate, critical hit damage, and the secondary attributes are random 6 attributes. At the same time, add a single higher-level equipment (such as ancient equipment). Limit the number of ancient equipment that can be equipped at the same time. Ancient equipment has special attributes and special effects. It is very difficult to acquire ancient equipment. Add new copies 3-7 days. You can obtain ancient equipment or exchange materials through this copy. This copy can be made by team or single player, and the reward obtained during team formation should be greater than that obtained by single player. Another suggestion is to strengthen the light and dark Archangels and Valkyrjas. They are too weak. These out of print linkage roles should be the profit point of game developers. If they are too weak, they will not be purchased by players when they release new linkage roles. At present, it's too strong to clear all buff roles. I want to limit the number of buffs removed by these roles, such as randomly clearing 3 buffs.

Home