CM_Heylel LV.21 GameManager
Feb 1, 2020, 10:00 AM 8,016 read

Dev Note #102: 2nd Anniversary 4.0 Update Preview Part 1: Transcendence Revamp

Dev Notes
HEIR OF LIGHT: Dev Notes - Dev Note #102: 2nd Anniversary 4.0 Update Preview Part 1: Transcendence Revamp image 1

Greeting Heirs,   Today, we would like to talk about the biggest issue for the 2nd-anniversary update, the revamp of Transcendence System.   The framework for the Transcendence system is to grow the servant by using the same servant as the growth material.   Other growth system required more amounts of resources as you get further in the growth process. However compared to other growth systems, the transcendence system only required 1 servant as the growth material due to the level of difficulty in obtaining servants. Due to the characteristic of the transcendence system, we have tried to provide more ways for everyone to summon by rewards or Events. However, even with our efforts, the difficulty of transcendence varied greatly from user to user.   Also, many of you have already completed in reaching Transcendence 5 for a variety of servants. We have been debating about new systems as we felt that it was time to add a way for you to grow your servants stronger.   In the 4.0 update, we decided to revamp the whole transcendence system. We are considering changing the name of Transcendence system to a more appropriate term as the newly revamped system will be closer / similar to the system of other games in the similar genre such as "Limit Break" and "Rank-Up" We will continue to use the Term "Transcendence" in today's dev note since the new term is not finalized.   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Revamp of Transcendence System -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   ⭕️ The Revamp of Transcendence System's key elements:   > Servant will no longer be the required material for transcendence. The transcendence method will change to Transcendence (EXP). > A new resource, "Universal Shard" will be added and "Universal Shard" can be used to transcend any servants. > Servant, Servant Shard, and Universal Shard, can be used to fill up the Transcendence (EXP) (1 Servant Shard or 1 Universal Shard = 1 Transcendence (EXP), 1 Nat 5 servant = 500 Transcendence (EXP) > There will be a total of 10 levels and the amount of servant growth will be increased compared to the current Transcendence 5. > The required Transcendence (EXP) will be different per each Level. > The amount of Transcendence (EXP) per level may vary from servant to servant. > Stats will increase as you reach a higher level of Transcendence similar to the current transcendence system. (Not considering to add the new potential skill slot in this revamp)   To elaborate more on the revamp   Until now, 1 identical servant with the same nat grade and same element was required to increase 1 transcendence. The new transcendence system will be changed to "Transcendence (EXP) so that Nat 5 (same servant & same element), servant shard, and universal shard can be used. Similar to the concept of exp for leveling, low-level transcendence will require low Transcendence (EXP) and high level will require high transcendence (EXP) Level 1 ~ 3 will be easy, Level 4 ~ 6 will be normal, Level 7 ~8 will be difficult, and Level 9 ~ 10 will be very difficult.   ⭕️ Example of Transcendence (exp) requirement for a NAT 5 servant per transcendence level

HEIR OF LIGHT: Dev Notes - Dev Note #102: 2nd Anniversary 4.0 Update Preview Part 1: Transcendence Revamp image 3

(Please note that the Transcendence (EXP) per Transcendence level is not finalized. The details for Transcendence 7 and above are not listed to prevent any controversies to occur as they are not finalized)   We will be adding a feature where you can increase the Transcendence (Exp) by using a variety of materials and resources to Transcend. [Universal Shard] can be used to increase the Transcendence (Exp) for all servants.   The requirement of Transcendence (Exp) per level will vary per servant due to the Nat grade of the servant, the difficulty of obtaining the servant shard, and other factors. For servants that have the low difficulty of obtaining shards will require more Transcendence (Exp) compare to the servants that have the high difficulty of obtaining shards.   The transcendence level of servants that have transcended from 1 to 5 before the update will be maintained. The total transcendence (exp) required to reach Transcendence level 5 will remain equal when converted to the number of servants required to reach Transcendence 5. Due to the reduced Transcendence (exp) requirement for low-level transcendence, we will be compensating the excess transcendence (Exp) for all users who have previously reached transcendence 1 & 2. To explain using the chart above, users who have reached transcendence 1 will be compensated with 400 Transcendence (exp) for that servant. Thus, you can use 200 transcendence (exp) to reach Transcendence level 2. After that, you'll have the remaining 200 Transcendence (exp) and use additional materials worth 200 transcendence (Exp) to reach level 3.   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Shard Acquisition Support -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   It is true that ultimately you need more resources to even further enhance servants. We believe that Heirs love Heir of Light not only because we gift various currencies through events but also because Heir of Light can be enjoyed without purchasing despite being a gacha game due to the shard system. We are planning on maintaining this direction, therefore, we will be creating various methods to obtain shards.   1. A new content called "Shrine of Purification" will support simultaneous farming of up to 4 servants upon meeting various requirements. In a rough calculation, Heirs will be able to farm shards 4 times faster than before. In "Shrine of Purification," Heirs can farm shards of servants that weren't available for shard farming along with Collaboration servants. We will cover more details about the "Shrine of Purification" in the Dev Note next week.   2. We will be adding a new currency called "Shard of Transcendence" so that Heirs can transcend their servants without dedicating all their time in summoning or farming shard of a certain servant. (Two types of "Shard of Transcendence" will be added: Fire/Water/Forest Shard of Transcendence & Light/Dark Shard of Transcendence.)   3. You can now acquire shards of Collaboration servant from Tower Invasion.   4. For L/D servants with higher acquisition difficulty, we will be adding L/D Special Summon so that Heirs can select a certain pool of servants before summoning L/D servants. (While the details are not finalized yet, L/D Special Summon will be using a certain number of L/D ★3~5 Summon Stones.)     We considered various possible variations of a new servant development after concluding that we have reached a point where we need to expand servant development. However, since the very base of Heir of Light gameplay lies in servant acquisition through summon or shard farming, we concluded that it would be the most intuitive to use servant as a material in additional servant development. Therefore, we decided that the reworking Transcendence System would be the best way to expand servant development.   Of course, we understand the disappointment from Heirs that did not expect another servant development system using duplicate servant as a material and already consumed duplicate servants in various ways. (Heir of Light team also consumed many duplicate servants before this change was finalized.) We want to sincerely apologize to make a change that would disappoint the community in any way.   Since summon and shard farming will be becoming more important with the change, we are looking into various ways of supporting both summoning and shard farming for Heirs.     Today, we covered Transcendence Revamp. Since Devs have been discussing this change for a very long time, Transcendence Revamp is finalized to happen. However, we believe that there are other things that we can improve on while we work on Transcendence Revamp. We will try our best to reflect the community's feedback on comment below or suggestion channel on Discord.   As we mentioned before, we have yet to finalize the official name for new content following Transcendence Revamp. If you have any name suggestions or suggestions on the number of L/D ★3~5 Summon Stones needed for L/D Special Summon, please feel free to leave it on the comment below.   Thank you.

Comment 24

• gamer319757398 LV.11 Chief Feb 1, 2020, 01:11 PM

do prepare for server merge.....lots will quit after this update and in order to salvage what you have left, you will need to merge servers to maintain some activity.

and please dont say server merge cant be done....its the easiest thing to do, the only complication arises form a merge are the dupe names. you will have to merge servers as a LOT will quit if they are going to need 3.2 units for each lvl (best case, could be more for higher lvls) even if farming is x4 faster.

but i think i will stick around and watch the end of hol :)

• DeathWalker LV.8 Nomad Feb 1, 2020, 07:37 PM

" LOT will quit if they are going to need 3.2 units for each lvl (best case, ... "

yes, you are right, this game will die quickly

• LLCoolJ LV.5 Lurker Feb 1, 2020, 08:25 PM

Usually I'm always down for new things and rather try before I judge. But this trans till t10 is just bs... do u guys actually know how much fucking time we spend to get 5 dupes and finally have a maxed out servant? And now you're telling us ~ half way there bro hehe~ I'm done if this goes through

• Heroik94 LV.4 Lurker Feb 3, 2020, 08:30 PM

its not even half its about 10%

• Tika LV.5 Lurker Feb 1, 2020, 12:42 PM

literally all you had to do was open up more repeats to the ftp players.... that is all you needed to do. instead you want to frustrate your loyal player base with this nonsense? I'm sure we will all get used to it as we always do but we don't have to like it. also, you've scared most of us into locking up our plastic. congrats. if you're ending the game just say so but don't expect people to be so willing to purchase those packs from you. I'm not trying to be hateful.... just calling it as I see it

• DeathWalker LV.8 Nomad Feb 1, 2020, 07:34 PM

" if you're ending the game just say so .. "

yes, you are right, they ruin the game again

• Pirogeth LV.24 Vampire Feb 2, 2020, 05:07 AM

they are not interestet what the Player think...there are so much suggestions to the devs and Nothing Shows up in new updates 😂😂

if player quit i dont Think they care...a lot of Player start every day and quit 2 weeks later, because end content is boring like hell ...if they pay a lot....so what....that what i write all the time its getting more and more p2w

Theyre like politican...they can sell s**t as gold😂😂😂😂👍

• AsianLife LV.7 Nomad Feb 1, 2020, 11:05 AM

4x fast shard farm... but to T6 something it already takes same amount of farming as 400 normal shards... if the trend continues upward past T6 this looks bleak... especially for those who have dupes they saved up for this update... only 500 exp for those when it requires 1600 for T6. I'm sorry but you guys need fat compensation or something or else LOTS will quit.

However, the one thing that is quite eye-opening is ability to farm collab servant shards?? What will happen to those who foddered off collab units... i expect big backlash from them

• ItalianScallion LV.3 Lurker Feb 1, 2020, 01:47 PM

Exactly. I went against my better judgment and spent money to max out my dark Valk. If they take the uniqueness away from it, they just ruined the game for me. They've already been doing it slowly, but this will be the icing on the cake

• DeathWalker LV.8 Nomad Feb 1, 2020, 07:25 PM

" I'm sorry but you guys need fat compensation or something or else LOTS will quit. "
    That is the important statement.

I still don't like the new update.
    It is only a p2w update.
    You give us nothing and only wants our money.

• Lastand LV.3 Lurker Feb 2, 2020, 07:43 PM

increasing the Transcendence cap is just a lazy way of prolonging the longevity of the game. you even took it to a whole other level by doubling the trancendence level cap . what is even more apsurd is the undisclosed shards requirement multiplier required for each further trancendance level. u know very well that players will not be happy about this which is why only t1 to t6 is shown. I may speak for my self when I say I don't like this direction at all but many who don't post may feel the same. players can sense when something is not going right in the game and with such a competitive market for gatcha games in 2020 are you sure you want to do this to yours existing player base? i will be watching very closely and definately hold back on my purchases because this idea is a typical death sentence for a game.

• MysticHLE LV.5 Lurker Feb 1, 2020, 11:14 AM

I support the general direction of this revamp by allowing transcendence with other materials/resources (it solves many problems such as collab servants), but NOT the increase of the transcendence cap to 10 or anything beyond 5 really. Doing so will just mean that it takes even longer for any given team of servants to eventually become viable in a PvP scenario at a competitive level. You release new servants on a regular basis...how can people possibly keep up if you also increase the growth cap across the board like this?

The game doesn't need more grind on the *same* servants - that gets boring and it's why people quit. Instead of such a vertical progression, I think more horizontal progression is better for the game - players should be empowered to build MORE teams that can be utilized in unique manners/synergies and compete much more on strategy as opposed to time spent on the game for stats like more HP, ATK, etc. The current effort required to maximize (T5/A5) a servant is a good balance already.

In that regard, please expand the long term viability of Nat 4s and Nat 3s...

• MadElves LV.3 Lurker Feb 1, 2020, 12:29 PM

First I like the Universal Shard thing and if it is what I think it is, it can help people develop a team they like provided they have the base servant and it will make the progression to be focused for each player. The additional for T10 while it is good for ‘progression’ and gives us new things to worry about, it does not add anything new to the game. Just more grinding and longer ‘endgame’. Ultimately it is a higher barrier for new user to achieve. This will give the game more depth but also discourage new players when they go up against a T10 player thinking how long will they need to grind to get that.

As for collab servant, most of the player gives significant amount of time to get a collab servant maxed within set amount of time and since it is impossible to get everything, a lot of players focus on one collab and develop them (I’m talking normal players not them whales). There are a lot of sacrifices made including crafting away the other version of collab servant. A lot of backlash will happen because there is no way to get them back and now dev are saying ‘oh you can still max them now’.

I’d be pissed if I were one of them players.

• Skaffa93 LV.4 Epic Feb 1, 2020, 09:13 PM

So all our maxed out servants will be kicked down to about 30% of their new cap? That just feels like a punch to the face to be honest.. 4 times faster offline shard farming doesn't make up for that.

Why do servants need a higher growth potential? Take a look at summoners war for example, you get one awakening and all servants cap at 40 without anything like transcendence, and to become competitive you need to focus on your runes/gear. The longevity of the game isn't achieved by a never ending grind of a few chosen servants but by the possibility of building multiple different competitive teams and by the fact that nat 5s are actually rare and hard to get, not hard to max.

I don't want this game to be more like SW tho, but as other people have said before, please stop raising the servant growth cap and let us build other teams besides the one we have been grinding the past 2 years for, which is boring enough as is!

All of that wouldn't even be a deal breaker but.. The one thing that makes gacha games fun, is aquiring rare and unique servants.. So the addition of collab servants that will never be available again was exactly what this game needed considering all other nat5s, even L/D ones aren't really that rare or special. But telling people who wasted servants, time and money building collab units to T5 before the deadline came that they did all of that for nothing will certainly piss off your most loyal and.. lucrative players.

This will make the game harder where it should be easier, and easier where it should be harder.

The only way to fix this would be to raise all current servants to their new growth potential.. So all T5 servants to T10 for example, and to leave out any possibility of farming previous collab units.

Otherwise you will lose a lot of players.

• ikkigo kurosaki LV.3 Lurker Feb 2, 2020, 11:45 PM

2nd aniversary should be limited avatar for free like the past halloween event,some collab servant, & other freebies that can help on progressing game content, fixing bug, revamp servant, or revamp avatar that suck not this pathetic,useless patch, are u out of ur mind?? t10 servant?? got 5 dupes same servant same element with that super duper low rate was very hard even need a miracle & now u want to max out to t10 ??c'mon it 1000% will ruin the game & all of f2p player will left this game.

• Tieu LV.2 Lurker Feb 2, 2020, 04:19 AM

I agree that transcend will need to increase to have progress as the game is getting dull. But the material base on above requirement are too much. Just on above so far (I understand this is preliminary), we will need at least 15+ Dupe after T5 to reach T10. That is pretty ridiculous. Will also need more game content. Thanks you developers for trying to make the game better!

• L3noa LV.2 Lurker Feb 2, 2020, 06:08 PM

You claim you are interested in players opinion but I see the same idea shot down previously worded differently and pushed over. None wants trans over 5 what exactly dont we make clear?

• Lerdsak Bee Kijthawatchayakorn LV.7 Nomad Feb 1, 2020, 08:31 PM

"The total transcendence (exp) required to reach Transcendence level 5 will remain equal when converted to the number of servants required to reach Transcendence 5." Lv 1-5 use total 2500 exp
    but "total of 10 levels and the amount of servant growth will be increased compared to the current Transcendence 5."
    That not make sense at all present version need only add 5 same servants for max TS but new version all player who already have lv70 servants must farm shade equal 10+++++++++++++ servants for same growth again?
    Is this easier way to max Transcendence than by using the same servant as the growth material?

• SaberWing LV.5 Lurker Feb 1, 2020, 11:21 PM

I have done these just before the dev notes release. It makes me feel so bad! It is unacceptable to treat a player unfairly. According to the new transcendence compensation, it is not fair for a player to transcend a hero without reaching T5.

I think you need to compensate in the same way.

T1 = 500EXP
    T2 = 1000EXP
    T3 = 1500EXP
    T4 = 2000EXP

• gamer319757398 LV.11 Chief Feb 2, 2020, 04:27 AM

saberwing.....what they NEED TO DO is to compensate 500 exp for each unit fused away in the last 3 months; PERIOD.

not to GMs : what you do with your free accounts (and please dont tell us the contrary that they were paid out of your pockets) about fusing away ld units etc is not the community's concern. as far as i am concerned, the GMs are NOT a part of the community and they exist to serve the developers. they are not here to be 'cited' as an example off/if they lost something.....for all we know they did it intentionally after knowing the facts about update 4.0.

• SaberWing LV.5 Lurker Feb 2, 2020, 08:35 PM

Yes, I agree with you. "What they NEED TO DO is to compensate 500 exp for each unit fused away in the last 3 months; PERIOD"

Good points and a good method for compensation!

• SaberWing LV.5 Lurker Feb 3, 2020, 09:27 PM

and also to compensate for those who have already transcend their hero in the same way.

T1 = 500EXP
    T2 = 1000EXP
    T3 = 1500EXP
    T4 = 2000EXP

• Ravast LV.21 Zombie Feb 9, 2020, 12:22 AM

The all-in-one pack requirement and high transcendence level is a low blow, but the mileage shop unlocks being temporary brings the scumbaggery to another level...

Home