CM_Heylel LV.21 GameManager
Aug 16, 2019, 11:51 AM 2,733 read

Dev Note #79: Party Raid & Servant Balance

Dev Notes
HEIR OF LIGHT: Dev Notes - Dev Note #79: Party Raid & Servant Balance image 1

About Party Raid   "Party Raid reward is very underwhelming now." " I would rather have an entry limit on Party Raid and have more rewards." "Since there are 9 servants in a party of 3, I wish one player could place all 9 servants." "We need auto-repeat function."   While Party Raid is not a content that can satisfy all Heirs, we believe that we have been trying hard to make the best choices to improve Party Raid. However, there were certain aspects of Party Raid that we wanted to maintain. We believe that such attitude prevented us from recognizing what Heirs truly want. We will continue to review the feedbacks about Party Raid. Please understand that it takes a significant amount of time to internally discuss Party Raid and make changes. Rather than rushing our decision, we will come back with another notice about Party Raid after thoroughly discussing Party Raid.   Mildred / Lucrecia Balance   Many Heirs have been constantly suggesting that there are issues with Mildred & Lucrecia balance. We want to thank all the Heirs investing their time providing screenshots & videos about Mildred & Lucrecia balance to emphasize the seriousness of the issue.   Some Heirs expressed their concern of waiting for another 2~3 months for balance update when Mildred and Lucrecia are completely ruining the balance. We are taking Mildred and Lucrecia issue very seriously, even to the point that we are considering a nerf for the first time. The community has been constantly making suggestions about AoE damage, and we currently have Potential Patch regarding AoE damage planned on 3.6 Update as we have been promising. Mildred patch is scheduled after that, which is expected to arrive around 3.65/3.7 update. While the initial plan was to bring Mildred patch around 3.7/3.8 Update, we decided to bring earlier patch as we recognize the seriousness of the issue. Since Lucrecia is also hurting balance significantly, we will finalize Lucrecia change as soon as possible.   Currently, we are aware of several issues including performance of Mildred's AoE ranged attack and Lucrecia's performance against Single Hit skill due to her Potential. Since strong performance against Range DPS servant is common among all AoE DPS servants, we do not see this as an issue for Mildred. However, currently, Mildred seems extremely strong not only because she is capable of wiping out even Healer / Support class servants under circumstances, but also because taking down enemy DPS servant usually leads to victory in current PvP meta where Lucrecia is very difficult to kill.   We apologize about the balance issue. We will try our best to improve our balance.  

Comment 7

• LLCoolJ LV.5 Lurker Aug 18, 2019, 02:15 AM

God bless... tired of Mildred just killing everything... so unfun to go against. I like the idea of nerfing servants to balance them.

• DeucesWild LV.1 Mootie Aug 17, 2019, 07:50 AM

I admit I’m a little disgusted at the talk of nerfing Lucrecia. I have recently spent tens of thousands of diamonds on the Rate+ Summon to try to get a killer tank. If she gets nerfed, I don’t see me continuing this game without some sort of compensation

• MysticHLE LV.5 Lurker Aug 17, 2019, 02:29 PM

Killer tank doesn't have to be OP. She can still be really good even after a nerf, depending on how it's done. Complaining and demanding compensation without having even seen the nerf is unfair to the developers and everyone else.

• DeucesWild LV.1 Mootie Aug 17, 2019, 10:16 PM

To my knowledge, the DEVs have never nerfed a character before. There was talk before but because so few people were playing the game, they wouldn’t touch the idea with a 10ft pole. But since the game is profiting, it’s okay now?

• MysticHLE LV.5 Lurker Aug 18, 2019, 12:39 AM

1. "*Because* so few people were playing the game, they wouldn't touch the idea with a 10ft pole" <- can you back this statement with proof? Otherwise this is mere assumption that the game is profiting is what's driving this, and it would be naive and without basis. Even if there was evidence to support this decision making of theirs in the past...it still doesn't invalidate the second point below:

2. Not willing to nerf something before (with a 10 ft pole or not) doesn't make that decision a correct one. A severely unbalanced servant may very well be treated as a bug, in which case a "nerf" would simply be a fix to account for a design error. There is no golden writing on the wall saying nerfs are wrong to maintain a healthy balanced state of a game.

• DeucesWild LV.1 Mootie Aug 19, 2019, 12:07 AM

I’ve been playing this game since almost inception. I can remember water Heide being extremely OP. You couldn’t even compete in PVP without him. He wasn’t nerfed. They either released new characters or buffed other servants to level things out. I don’t have time to go through and reread all the developer notes. I assure you there are multiple mentions of staying away from nerfing characters.

• MysticHLE LV.5 Lurker Aug 21, 2019, 05:59 AM

Continuing our conversation from the original thread (you replied to the main thread instead of my last comment):

Again, not willing to nerf something before (with a 10 ft pole or not) doesn't make that decision a correct one. A severely unbalanced servant may very well be treated as a bug, in which case a "nerf" would simply be a fix to account for a design error.

In the past, it may have been sufficient to release new servants or to buff existing ones. However, if a buff or change is game-breaking, then it needs to be fixed. The devs make the call on what direction they want to take the game. Calling it a nerf or not is up to you and irrelevant.

There is no golden writing on the wall saying "nerfs" are wrong to maintain a healthy balanced state of a game. A nerf is nothing more than a fix in design.

Home