Lastand LV.3 Lurker
Jan 26, 2020, 10:05 AM 311 read

Shiny Purple Stones

Karat Tips & Guide

Whats up Doc! So you wanna talk about Karats? What are Karats? They are your premium currency equivalent to “Gems” or “Ruby” in other Gatcha games. And like other Gatcha games, it is most commonly used for summoning and refilling your valor. However unlike most other Gatcha games, you will quickly realise that Heir of Light is extremely generous with this premium currency when it comes to gathering them in the form of rewards and events like this guide I am posting. The event calls for how to gather Karats in Heir of light. I however, will take a slightly different approach by giving out a few pointers on how to SAVE Karats. For every Karat saved, is a Karat farmed. But before we jump in, let me give you my general summary on how to gather Karats in the game so as to qualify for the event requirements because I really want them vitamin A! Gathering Karats in Heir of Light is as easy as playing and progressing in the game, period. As a beginner, you probably have to play the game manually more often in all the activities available daily to earn better rewards but if you are able to auto then more power to you. All of the available activity icons are found in the World Map screen. Heck! Even the world map tiles themselves provide Karat rewards as you accumulate more stars. There is really no excuse not to participate in any of the daily activities for the rewards. Heir of Light rewards participation, so even if you are a new player like I am, you can try to clear the minimum requirement of each activity which is usually very beginner friendly. The game is already celebrating its 2 year anniversary in its next update. However, the recent updates seems to be in the direction of helping more beginners and new players to integrate with the existing “Senior Heirs”. With that said, it's a good time to be an Heir of Light! We all know Karats can buy you valors so never leave valor at max cap because you can regenerate 1 valor every 2 mins while uncapped. You are actually generating Karats indirectly if you look at it that way. You can refill your valor using Karats at a rate of 35 Karats:250 valors. If you do the math, roughly 7 valors is worth 1 Karat. It is not a ton and I wish the devs increase the valor cap because participation of most activities in this game cost tons of valors. This is very tedious but hey if you are F2P every Karat counts right? Since my first point is about utilizing valors to earn Karats, Friend Points can also save you some valors. Firstly, friends in Heir of light is great because if they setup a great support team(yes I am looking at you Heirs who did not setup your support teams yet), you can utilize them in party raids to help you clear higher party raid levels for better rewards. Friends also help to generate a currency known as Friend Points(heart shaped icon). You can do this by sending out your love once per day to all your friends with just 1 click of a button. You can also receive all the love from your friends when they send it, effectively doubling your gains. You can refill your valor at a rate of 700 Friend Points:250 Valors. So it is really beneficial to have your friends list at max capped 50. The “funnel” in this game seems to be Supreme stones which brings me to my next point. For guaranteed drop of supreme stones, you will have to farm Awakening Dungeons 11F/12F. These levels can only be farmed once a day and refreshed once using Karats. Even after stating how precious Supreme stones are, it is generally not worth it to spend the Karats to refresh them, but the option is there. You can however, consider to refresh the Magic Dungeon for two reasons. One is Supreme Magic Stones are the highest in demand among all the other “coloured” supreme stones and Two being the cost to refresh it is halved compared to other dungeons. When it comes to Summoning in Heir of Light, Heirs generally use Summoning Stones to summon. The option to use Karats is also available at a cost of 100 Karats to summon one 3 to 5 star servant. However, you can save 100 Karats by using the “bulk” summoning option. For example, in Rate+ banners you can get an additional summon when you choose the 10+1 summon option. If the servants on the banners do not entice you(they are usually really useful servants), the other method is to purchase “10 +1 Three to Five star Summon Pack” in the Special Shop. This option also nets you some extra goodies which sweetens the deal if you decide to use Karats for summoning. My final point is related to purchasing Karats or any items in the game using real life money. This point is not about saving but I really want to bring this point up because Heir of Light always provides bonouses to your purchases. Sometimes even bonuses on top of bonuses! Its cRaZY~! My advice when thinking about making any purchases is to simply wait for the right time. Like for example, currently there is an ongoing Special Payback event that rewards players most commonly in the form of Karats for purchasing any ingame items or currency. This is a bonus on top of the already existing bonus and rebates you get from the mileage shop. Talk about value for money! Hope these pointers help. Name: Lastand ID: 10018299942 Server: SEA

Comment 0

Home