IRCrosshairs LV.22 S
Mar 29, 2019, 04:16 AM 1,602 read

So I tried Titanfall 2

Given how much fun I've been having with Apex, I figured I should check out Titanfall to get a better idea of where the foundations for Apex came from. I didn't play much multiplayer (which I get is the main focal point of the game) because realistically there isn't any game that's gonna tear me away from Apex and get me to devote significant time into. So, I decided to just play the campaign.

Apex Legends: General - So I tried Titanfall 2 image 2

Let me say right off the bat that I can see why people really want wall running and double jumping in Apex Legends. While the movement in Titanfall 2 doesn't feel nearly as smooth as it does in Apex, wall running and double jumping gives you so many options and is such a satisfying way of traversing the vast terrain. Given how enjoyable these mechanics are in Titanfall 2, I can say with a fair degree of confidence that we will likely see them in Apex at some point in the future. It will, of course, be somewhat difficult to balance as there would be a fine line between underpowered and completely broken. It's strange because they both feel like they would fit best as passive abilities but they would likely be too strong. Perhaps double jumping will be the first passive with a cooldown?   As much fun as I had with the Titanfall 2, Apex Legends is a clear improvement. The movement is much, much smoother in Apex. The gunplay is much more precise and satisfying. And, most importantly, the game itself is just simply more fun. That said, I can see why people were eager for a Titanfall 3, but I think that Apex scratches that itch just fine. Unless people just like Titanfall for the mechs, in which case I don't think Apex will ever add titans to the game except for maybe a limited-time game mode.   It was pretty cool first starting the game and noticing all the things that carried over. The sounds when an enemy is downed is exactly the same. Sliding is an effective way of moving around, although it is a bit clunkier in Titanfall. Many of the guns carried over, some with slightly modified names (R-201 in Titanfall, R-301 in Apex). Because of all these things, I think that looking at Titanfall 2 can give us a good idea of what might come in Apex Legends.   Overall I'd say the campaign was pretty fun but nothing spectacular. Of course, I wasn't really going into it for some spectacular story, I just wanted to see where Apex Legends came from. I think that Apex could have a very interesting campaign mode in the future which ties together all the different legends and explains why we're all teaming up and fighting in the first place. I doubt it will ever come, but I would definitely be happy to see it. Imagine if they released a "chapter" of the campaign each season, it would certainly contribute to the longevity of the game and get people excited for the next season. Like I said, I doubt it will ever happen, but who knows? Respawn has been known to surprise and impress.   At any rate, Titanfall 2 was fun but I'm back to playing Apex now. Octane guide coming soon 😉.

Comment 32

• NO NAME verified Mar 29, 2019, 04:22 AM

🤔 well. Missing out on the MP side of TF2 sucks

• Sammyboi1500 LV.6 Nomad Mar 29, 2019, 08:16 AM

True also the apex characters are almost just like the multiplayer pilots. Although the apex characters have more on there ablity

• NO NAME verified Mar 29, 2019, 08:18 AM

They are the evolution of the pilots lol I just think this is a sub par critique of tf2 given he wanted nothing to take his time away from Apex ..I play tf2 more currently then Apex .

• Sammyboi1500 LV.6 Nomad Mar 29, 2019, 08:20 AM

True

• IRCrosshairs LV.22 S Mar 30, 2019, 02:02 AM

My point with playing TF2 was not to review it (and my post above clearly is not a review) it was simply to see the foundations that Apex Legends was built on.

• NO NAME verified Mar 29, 2019, 08:20 AM

He didn't beat the game lol no way if he said the story was alright..heavy Apex bias here...and I'm a blackout guy myself

• Sammyboi1500 LV.6 Nomad Mar 29, 2019, 08:22 AM

Blackout is good but im just trash at it

• NO NAME verified Mar 29, 2019, 08:23 AM

It's the hardest br to me..I don't have any solo wins in it...but soon as I got Apex I was getting wins..don't get me wrong I think Apex is dope..nice and athletic

• Sammyboi1500 LV.6 Nomad Mar 29, 2019, 08:25 AM

I have not played apex yet looking forward to tho all i 've seen are clips

• TACHANKA LV.17 Rootin Tootin Mar 29, 2019, 09:46 AM

How is playing games athletic comrade?

• NO NAME verified Mar 30, 2019, 09:14 AM

TACHANKA  Abilities for character's....gives an added super power to the genre...I like shooters like that. Apex...cod...tf2

• IRCrosshairs LV.22 S Mar 30, 2019, 01:56 AM

SPOILERS IN THIS COMMENT

I'm not sure why you would say that I didn't beat the game. I assure you I did - it's very short. While some of the mechanics (like going back and forth and time) were very fun, the story itself is nothing special. It basically consists of BT saying "our objective has been updated, we gotta finish our mission" and Cooper telling jokes that BT doesn't understand. The game is over before any real bond is formed so we don't have a lot of emotional investment by the time BT "dies."

Even Cooper says it best himself at the end of the game when they say they'll be assigning him a new titan "I kinda liked the old one." He's clearly not heartbroken and doesn't sound sad at all in his monologue. Also think about it this way, BT had been with his old pilot probably for years and years, he's only been with Cooper a few days. Anyways, at the very end we find out that BT is alive anyway so I'm sure they'll find a way to make that into an interesting storyline in Titanfall 3.

• sTil_Spyder LV.20 I'm a Bot Mar 29, 2019, 01:43 PM

Multiplayer is where the fun of the game really is in the Titanfall games. What console is it though I want to play Titanfall 2 with someone

• IRCrosshairs LV.22 S Mar 30, 2019, 02:01 AM

I play on PC. Given all these comments maybe I'll put a few hours into multiplayer and see how it is.

• Smoking Kilis LV.19 Bamboozled Mar 30, 2019, 04:34 AM

Mate play 3/4 matches of titanfall 2 mp then jump into apex.........trust me (said the nameless person on the internet) you will see the light.

• Sammyboi1500 LV.6 Nomad Mar 29, 2019, 08:13 AM

I play the mess out of TF2

• PromptHornet8 LV.6 Clearly Hacking Mar 30, 2019, 01:07 AM

That would be sweet to see a character with double jump and with the wall run. It stinks that you didn't play much mp though. It is a lot of fun. I've been saving up my legend tokens for a guy who could do that.

• SGGCreed LV.3 Apex > Fortnite Mar 30, 2019, 05:01 AM

Idk. Titanfall's movements are so much more fluid, and you have endless customizations and ways to play. In Apex, you have 9.

• Yeah,Nah LV.3 Lurker Mar 30, 2019, 06:32 AM

It actually broke me when BT died. I got so depressed

• IRCrosshairs LV.22 S Mar 30, 2019, 06:43 AM

I don't think BT is dead. If you watch past the credits, Cooper's helmet starts flashing suggesting that BT is still alive. But yeah, it's pretty interesting how we can get emotionally attached not only to video game characters, but even to a video game robot.

• NO NAME verified Mar 30, 2019, 08:26 AM

*Spolier Alert* BT is alive. His helmet is decoded from lights and translates to “Jack?” Aka the person you play as. BT’s chassis is destroyed, his Memory Card isn’t. Also beforehand BT sends a decrypted message saying “Trust Me”

• NO NAME verified Mar 30, 2019, 08:23 AM

I used to love Titanfall 2, being a Gen 11 Ronin, it was fun. I like Titanfall (1 & 2) but don’t play it as often.

• iicorywaz_here:p LV.20 Shadow Apr 3, 2019, 05:58 AM

Yee lit

• WigglesPiggles LV.5 Team Rocket Mar 29, 2019, 11:53 AM

I think you should try the multiplayer. It’s a great experience

• BlackApcet LV.2 Lurker Mar 29, 2019, 03:07 PM

Multiplayer is really nice especially with free dlcs and all the variety of game modes. It get's you pumped during every game because of how smooth the game is and how smooth the visuals are. Not to mention the action packed pace of the game.

• QuezYT9619 LV.3 Lurker Mar 29, 2019, 07:08 PM

I used to play titanfall 1

• DiGiTaLSnAk3 LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 09:01 AM

Hey

• Toe Destroyer LV.1 Mootie Apr 6, 2019, 02:51 PM

Titanfall 2 is a awesome game its a lot of fun

• NinjaTrollz1126 LV.6 Genius Apr 9, 2019, 12:18 AM

K

Home