ObliviousRex ObliviousRex LV.31 Mod
Feb 8, 2019, 05:00 AM 1,185 read

Tips & Tricks

Pretty great list for basic tips and tricks collected in the official Apex Legends reddit, r/apexlegends, collected and edited by u/Gwarh. Below are the listed tips as of this posting, but the list is growing and being moderated as they learn more. I deleted two that were false, but I’ll also try to add more as I find them. See the full and updated list here: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/anjkbg/short_list_of_tips_tricks_you_might_not_be_aware/

——————————— “Growing list of tips I've gleaned from the sub-reddit, and other players in game. Thought I'd share them in case anyone else finds them useful or interesting. Posted below in no particular order. • There is no friendly fire damage in the game • Hit maker damage colors mean something. - Yellow = Head-shot damage - Purple = Target has 100 shield/armor - Blue = Target has 75 shield/armor - White = Target has 50 shield/armor - Red = Target has no shield/armor (not sure yet if the colors for shields change in real time as they take damage, can anyone confirm?) (someone raised a good point in the comments, the colors you see could also indicate the level of armor the target is wearing, as well as the shield, so you could see white at first (low lvl shields), then purple after (high lvl armor))(would be nice to get dev confirmation on how this works) • You can zip-line uphill as well as downhill. • You can shoot while on a zipline. • You can dismount/jump off a zipline by pressing your "jump" key (or maybe it was the "use" key) • You can ping any item you see in-game (eg: heavy ammo lying on the ground) to alert team mates to it's existence and location. (VERY helpful, do this often!) • You can ping an ammo slot in your inventory to ask your team mates for more of that ammo type. • You can ping an empty weapon slot to alert/ask your team-mates that you need a weapon. • You can ping an empty equipment slot to alert/ask your team-mates for that missing item. • The ping system in this game is amazing, when in doubt PING IT! • You can MUTE a-holes by going to the 2nd tab of the Inventory page, find their name and mute • Although there is no parkour/wall running you can vault up low'ish walls by running up to them, looking up and holding the jump key, the character jump and use their arms to pull themselves up. • You can wall-climb to higher areas by jumping and pushing forward. It's not covered in the tutorial but is essential! (tip comes from one of the game devs) • You can hang from a ledge by not pressing "forward" at the end of a climb movement. • Some of the best loot in the game appears on the big white and red hover craft (Supply Ships). You can usually see one moving across the map as you initially ride the "bus" over the map at the match beginning. They also appear throughout the match as well. High risk but high reward as they draw many others enemy players. • I think most players know this from the tutorial but you can crouch while running to slide forwards. Making yourself a smaller target, as well as ski/slide down slopes faster than you can run down them. Also some low hanging doors can be found on the map which you can slide under. • While Sliding, letting go of the "forward" key while sliding will allow you to look around and even shoot in ADS mode backwards while keeping your slide going. • While Sliding, if you hold your "forward" key and look directly behind you, you'll stop the slide almost instantly. • You can use items (including weapons) while sliding. • When Sliding you can press "melee" and perform a cool uppercut attack. • When Jumping you can press "melee" and perform a cool jump-kick attack. • While in inventory you can switch attachments between weapons, just hover the cursor over the attachment in question and click on it (might have to press the "reload" key to make this happen, haven't tried it myself) • "Switchfire" add-on for weapons allows a gun that normally has only 1 mode of fire to have 2. For eg. A single-fire rifle can become an auto-fire rifle. (These add-ons are weapon or weapon class specific, so they may or may not work on the gun you're currently wielding). • The Hero "Pathfinder" can grapple/pull enemies to him by hitting them with his grapple gun. Try it with a melee punch at the end ala Roadhog style. • Kick those doors in! You can kick and eventually destroy doors by melee'ing them! Also blow them up with grenades! • Like many other games with a loot system (MMO's, MOBA's, other BR's) most of the items in game come in different rarities, with the greater the rarity the greater it's power/strength/effectiveness. - White = Common (laying around everywhere) - Blue = Rare (found every now and again) - Purple = Epic (Wow I am so lucky I found you) - Gold = Legendary (only 1 per match?) • Gold equipment drops is in care packages, and sometimes in the Hero "Lifeline’s" packages. • Gold equipment has the same stats as Purple equipment, but they also come with a bonus perk: - Gold Helmet - Passive: Charges your Tactical ability faster & Charges your Ultimate ability faster - Gold Armor - Full Refill of your shields when you execute an enemy (to execute press your "use" button on the downed foe) - Gold Backpack - Passive: Health and shield consumable use sped up (x2) - Gold Knocked Down Shield - One-Time use Self Revive - Gold Scopes - Passive: Called "Digital Threat" scopes. Enemies viewed through scope always show a red outline, as long as you continue to view them through said scope. Also the red outline shows up through smoke and walls for ease of tracking. Gold scopes come in x1, x2, x4-8, x10 variants. - Gold Guns - Found in hot drops only, come pre-loaded with attachments. These attachments can't be removed from these guns. • You can turn on Text to Voice in the game settings, so that anything anyone (including yourself) types in chat will be read out loud in a robot voice. Especially helpful for teammates of those playing without a mic. • You can also turn Voice to Text. the reverse of the above. (I've tried this myself so I didn't have to listen to screaming squeakers in voice, but it seems if i turn the voice volume to 0% it doesn't work) • You can perform a Finishing Move on a downed player. Performs a coup de gras on the enemy via a special animation. NOTE: when you do this you are vulnerable for the length of the animation. As far as I can currently tell it's just for fun and there is no game benefit to it (Unless you are equipped with the "Gold Armor" then you get a free/full shield recharge out of it) • At the beginning of a match while your still up in the battlebus/dropship you can use your "zoom" key if you like to get a closer look at the ground. • If you're sprinting, then open your inventory you will continue to sprint in the same direction. Useful for when you want to check your "stuff" while moving from A to B. • When swapping out weapons w. attachments already on them, the attachments will automatically move over to the new gun as long as that gun can equip them. (so unlike other BR games where you have to manually remove the attachments, drop them, drop the old gun, pick up the new gun, pick up the old attachments, then open inventory and add everything again, it's all automated in APEX!) • The hero "Caustic" can set of his own gas traps by shooting them, and he can see enemies through these gas clouds as well. • You can shoot an enemy Caustic's gas traps as well to set them off from a safe distance. • The color of a crate a dead enemy drops indicates the best item they had equipped at the time of their death. Purple crate = Purple item to loot. (so in the pressures on and you gotta move, you can skip the white crates)(or maybe it's worth taking circle damage to loot a gold crate) • There is no fall damage, Zero! you can fall 500m and take no dmg. • Their is no friendly fire dmg, blast away at your team-mates, they are sure to appreciate your enthusiasm. • All Shotguns which have a choke attachment allow you to narrow the spread of the blast for a bit more accuracy at range, and more pellets on target/more dmg to target. To do this ADS (Aim Down Sight) for 3? seconds. • Don't snub the LMG's (Lite Machine Guns) as they have the biggest magazines of all the guns. And as so many guns fire fast and have small mags enemies spend allot of time re-loading, but you with your LMG can keep blasting away. • Ultimate Accelerant - You can only use it from your inventory window, not via the heal/shield wheel. It lowers the cool-down on your ultimate by 20%. Best to use it when you find it and get it's benefit and free up the inventory slot it took up. If you have a "Lifeline" on your team give them to her. As her ult is best used as soon as it's available so she can get the cool-down for the next one started asap. • Gibraltar's tactical ability "Dome of Protection blocks 100% of damage, both in and out, so you can't sit inside it and plink enemies outside it.. • You start the match with 8 Inventory Slots, expandable up to 14 slots via backpack pickups. • The Arc Star (Ninja Star) grenade is a sticky grenade. That is it fly's more or less straight and embeds itself (sticks) to what it hits, then explodes. Not sure if you can hit an enemy with it and have it stick to them till it explodes. • When in doubt of where to go, head to a re-spawn point and camp/area-denial it. There is always a chance Enemy players will be heading to it to revive a dead team-mate, so you have a chance to bushwhack them. And if you can't do that you at lease prevent them from using it keeping their squad weaker. • During the start of round/hero draft phase if you are not picking first, you can hover your mouse over the hero you want to let your team mates know you want that hero and hopefully they'll leave that hero for you. • Of you find one of those little robot triangle loot boxes (don't know their proper name, the ones you get each level outside of a match) in a match, melee it as it drops good loot. - - - - The below points may be true, but need a few more peeps confirming the case before added to the main list. • You can climb up pipes on walls (Jackie Chan style) to reach even higher spots. • Caustics gas does not damage friendlies, but it makes them cough/disorient them (unsure if this is intentional or just a missed effect/bug) • You can say "affirmative/yes" by pinging on another players map marker/ping icon. If you press and hold ping button while cursor is on their ping mark and you get 3 choices. (Don't recall what they other 2 callouts were though).”

Comment 0

Home