IRCrosshairs IRCrosshairs verified LV.22 S
Feb 6, 2019, 07:13 AM 8,032 read

5 Reasons why I love Apex Legends

I've been a huge battle royale fan since the genre first took off with PUBG over a year ago. Lately though I've been taking a break and playing some other games because frankly, the genre was just getting stale. That all changed with Apex Legends. THIS is the battle royale I've been hoping for all this time. I want to be clear: I'm not saying it's perfect by any means, but it's finally a game that doesn't include things that are simply un-fun and annoying. Its core gameplay takes all my favorite parts about battle royales and eliminates all my least favorite parts. Here are 5 reasons why I love Apex Legends.  

1. Jumpmaster   One of the worst feelings is when one of your teammates misses the drop and ends up landing in a completely different spot on the map. It’s also pretty hard for new players to learn the drop mechanics in most battle royales which means that they’re always landing a few seconds after everyone else. In Apex Legends you don’t have to worry about any of that. One person on your team is the designated Jumpmaster and does the jump for your entire squad. This takes away all the stress of jumping and ensures that you’re always with your team.   2. There’s no fall damage   Fall damage is one of the most annoying things in video games period. You don’t have to worry about that in Apex Legends. This makes the fights and escapes so much more versatile and that much more rewarding to pull off successfully.   3. Fast paced   Apex Legends is fast paced in all the right ways. It’s not frantic - you don’t feel rushed, but there are so many efficient ways to move around the map: spriting, sliding, ziplining, and even teleporting. As I mentioned earlier, there’s no fall damage, so you can always take the quickest route from A to B.

4. Strategic   So much going on and so many ways to play the game. Each of the 8 characters feel completely different and have truly unique identities. Whether you’re tracking the enemy as Bloodhound or flying your team across the map as Pathfinder, you know that what you do can seriously impact the game.   5. Suits all play styles   I like to play aggressively, and this is one of the few battle royales where you’re not punished for doing so. My main so far has been Bloodhound and because his abilities let you see the enemies around you, you can play hyper-aggressively and still be smart and calculated. No matter what your preferred style of play is, I can guarantee that there’s an legend that suits you perfectly.  

Comment 0

Home