Wxbber verified LV.25 Champion
Aug 7, 2020, 06:41 AM 406 read

Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics

Apex Legends is full of a variety of optics/ sights that you can add to your weapon. Optics are effective at increasing ADS zoom to see your enemies more clearly. With 10 different sights to choose from - it’s important to know the distinctions between each one, and which weapons can be used with them.  

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 2

*Tip - In the settings menu, you can choose to use flat sensitivity - ADS and hipfire are the same - or, you can opt to tweak each optic’s sensitivity in your “per optic settings”. From 2-4x all the way through 4-10x, you will notice they become gradually more sensitive to movement the higher the magnification.   1x Holo - Usable with all weapons, Pistols, SMG, AR, Heavy, Shotgun, Sniper, Energy, ADS = iron sights magnification

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 4

1x Hcog “Classic” - Usable with all weapons, Pistols, SMG, AR, Heavy, Shotgun, Sniper, Energy. ADS = Iron sights magnification

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 6

1x Digital Threat - Usable with Pistols, SMG, Shotgun, ADS = Iron sights magnification, Highlights threats in red

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 8

1-2x Variable Holo - Usable with all weapons, Pistols, SMG, AR, Heavy, Shotgun, Sniper, Energy

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 10

2x HCOG “Bruiser” - Usable with all weapons, Pistols, SMG, AR, Heavy, Shotgun, Sniper, Energy

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 12

2-4x Variable AOG - Excludes pistols, SMG’s, and shotguns

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 14

3x HCOG “Ranger” - Excludes pistols, SMG’s, and shotguns

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 16

6x Sniper - Only available to Snipers (Longbow DMR, Charge Rifle, Triple Take, Sentinel)

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 18

4-8x Variable Sniper - Only available to Snipers (Longbow DMR, Charge Rifle, Triple Take, Sentinel) *Uses variable zoom from 4x-8x by hitting the sprint button

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 20

4-10x Digital Sniper Threat - Only available to Snipers (Longbow DMR, Charge Rifle, Triple Take, Sentinel) *Highlights threats in red, uses variable zoom from 4x-10x by hitting the sprint button

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 22

Generally the most popular sights in the game tend to be the 1x sights, and 2x Bruiser because of the current gun-meta. It’s very common to find players running R-99, Wingman setups with 1x HCOG or 1x Digital Threat. Because of how frequently you will find these sights in-game, it’s a great idea to practice with them in the firing range to prepare!   If you prefer long-range weapons, you will frequently find 2x Bruiser, 3x Ranger, and 4-8x Variable Sniper in deathboxes, though the 2x and 3x are far more common. The 2x Bruiser sight is incredibly versatile, and is a great optic for anybody to learn how to use. It can literally be used on any weapon! The 3x Ranger is also a great sight to learn for avid G-7 Scout users, and snipers alike!   *Note - no optics can be added to Legendary weapons (gold guns)   *Fun Tip - Try out a 3x Ranger sight on the R-301 or Flatline - you may be surprised about how accurate both guns can be even from such long-range!  

Apex Legends: General - Apex Legends - Beginner’s Guide to Optics   image 24

My personal favorites are the 1x HCOG Classic, and the 2x HCOG “Bruiser”! Which optics are your favorites? Comment down below!   ~ Wxbber    

Comment 18

• jlgamerstar18 LV.11 Chief Aug 7, 2020, 04:05 PM

very helpful, let's test it out yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

• ChillmodeYT LV.5 Caustic Main Aug 7, 2020, 06:41 AM

best guides you can find on here for apex

• Rolling nuggie cutie LV.27 GG Aug 7, 2020, 08:33 AM

I agree

• Lord Diabol LV.22 Game Critic Aug 7, 2020, 06:59 AM

sight use is best placed under personal preference, some people run only long range sights on Snipers while my personal favorite is the 3x. also for SMG and Assault Rifles I've found the 2x bruiser to be the most reliable for close to mid range engagement. I reserve sights like 4x-8x and 6x for early to mid game depending on number of teams remaining

• Wolfie plays09 YT LV.14 PlayStation Aug 7, 2020, 07:31 AM

this helped

• Wxbber verified LV.25 Champion Aug 7, 2020, 08:33 AM

Happy to hear it! If you’d like to bookmark it to view at a later time, tap or click the 3 dots in the top right corner and hit ‘bookmark’!

• gumby2383 LV.24 Shotcaller Aug 8, 2020, 08:06 AM

I like the ones that aren't variable.

• EllisF1210 LV.6 Nomad Aug 8, 2020, 04:17 PM

Cool

• gamer361165250 LV.7 Nomad Aug 12, 2020, 12:19 PM

This really helps

• Wxbber verified LV.25 Champion Aug 7, 2020, 08:31 AM

Thank you, my friend!!

• Wxbber verified LV.25 Champion Aug 7, 2020, 08:32 AM

Very true! Everyone has their own unique play style that works for them!

• AnimeCode LV.6 Nomad Aug 8, 2020, 02:29 AM

nice

• Wxbber verified LV.25 Champion Aug 9, 2020, 12:34 PM

Thank you!

• Wxbber verified LV.25 Champion Aug 8, 2020, 06:14 AM

Thank you! Let me know how it goes!

• VRolook LV.25 Happy 2020! Aug 9, 2020, 05:09 PM

red dot sight where you at

• Creamy Draco LV.9 Xbox Aug 12, 2020, 04:42 AM

yes

• Game_Player LV.17 PlayStation Aug 14, 2020, 04:53 AM

what is can do?