MrWallManMain LV.34 Mod
Apr 16, 2020, 01:22 AM 321 read

Weapon Wednesday #1 - R-99 vs Prowler

Apex Legends: General - Weapon Wednesday #1 - R-99 vs Prowler image 1

Hey there, With this post I’m planning to start a little weekly recurring series where I’ll be discussing the most controversial picks between two weapons of the same or similar type. We’ll be comparing the weapons at the early-game, mid-game, and late-game stages. Make sure to vote for your choice in the poll below and voice your opinion in the comments. For today we’ll start with the most famous one: The R-99 vs the Prowler!

Apex Legends: General - Weapon Wednesday #1 - R-99 vs Prowler image 3

The R-99 in general is an amazing weapon. Even without any attachments it comes with default, HCOG-like iron sights, that proves very helpful in early fire fights. It has very controlable recoil and comes with a default 20 round magazine. As superb as the R-99 might be, throughout the game the ammo capacity becomes more and more of a problem until it can lead to fatal errors in the late to end game. The R-99 is definitely a valuable pick in early game, but should be exchanged by a shotgun or similar towards the late game!

Apex Legends: General - Weapon Wednesday #1 - R-99 vs Prowler image 5

The Prowler is a truely controversial candidate, which comes with a default 5-round burst fire and 20 round magazine as well as a default iron sight similar to the R-99. The necessity to find a select fire hop-up, before being able to unleash its true potential makes this one a tricky pick. If you have a quick trigger finger this shouldn‘t be much of a problem however if you haven‘t it truely makes a difference in DPS to the R-99 which is full auto in default. The one thing that makes the Prowler a better pick than the R-99 is the fact that a fully upgraded magazine provides 35 rounds which is pretty much for a SMG. Unlike the R-99 you can definitely bring the Prowler into late game and on top of that there‘s even a chance to find the golden Prowler, which just a even better version of the Prowler. Early/Mid/Late game tier list: Early game: R-99: S Tier Prowler: B Tier Mid game: R-99: A Tier Prowler: A Tier Late/End game: R-99: C Tier Prowler: S Tier Now as kind of a verdict I have to say doing research for this post was truely shocking to me. I can‘t think of a match where I haven‘t picked the R-99 as soon as I found one. I think I haven‘t even played with the Prowler except for in Firing Range! The problem with the Prowler in my opinion is the hop up that you have to find. I love being all set from the beginning on and the Prowler doesn‘t provide that.

Poll Closed 33 Voted

R-99 vs Prowler?

• R-99 19
  • Prowler 14

But what is your opinion? Are you #TeamR-99 or #TeamProwler? Let me know in the comments?👇🏻 Stats for Nerds 🤓:

Apex Legends: General - Weapon Wednesday #1 - R-99 vs Prowler image 13

Apex Legends: General - Weapon Wednesday #1 - R-99 vs Prowler image 15

Apex Legends: General - Weapon Wednesday #1 - R-99 vs Prowler image 17

Source: Gaming Merchant, YT

Comment 14

• §vinyl§ LV.30 Legend Apr 16, 2020, 01:24 AM

Prowler all day even without select fire.

• MrWallManMain LV.34 Mod Apr 16, 2020, 02:27 AM

I do agree with you, however I can’t seem to get used to the burst fire - neither with the Hemlock nor with the Prowler.
    But despite that the Prowler really seems to be the better choice in Season 4

• §vinyl§ LV.30 Legend Apr 16, 2020, 02:29 AM

I just practiced burst mode in firing range it's worth learning.

• Jos3 Castr0 LV.6 Nomad Apr 16, 2020, 01:25 AM

#TeamR-99

• Keys_HCA LV.22 Anchor Apr 16, 2020, 01:29 AM

#TeamProwler bc with the selective receiver and a lvl3 heavy mag, the gun shreds! Close mid far, as long as you have good recoup control it dominates!

• Keys_HCA LV.22 Anchor Apr 16, 2020, 01:29 AM

Recoil

• dynamite LV.4 Lurker Apr 16, 2020, 04:30 AM

Burst Prowler is almost better then full auto maybe even better

• MrWallManMain LV.34 Mod Apr 16, 2020, 05:24 AM

According to the stats it is, however I don’t know why but I just can’t play with the prowler. Maybe it’s the slightly different recoil patter compared to the r-99, maybe the overall handling, but something about that gun makes me pull off such aweful trades...I don’t know maybe I just need to continue practicing with that gun

• dynamite LV.4 Lurker Apr 16, 2020, 05:25 AM

R-99 is god with gold or epic barrel stabilizer

• MrWallManMain LV.34 Mod Apr 16, 2020, 05:26 AM

Yeah you’re right and the Prowler doesnt even have barrel attachments. That could be the reason possibly 🤔

• dynamite LV.4 Lurker Apr 16, 2020, 05:28 AM

If it did then I wonder how broken it would be

• MrWallManMain LV.34 Mod Apr 16, 2020, 05:33 AM

Now that I think about it it does make sense. The R-99 has barrel attachment to reduce recoil, but therefore it only has a 27 round magazine with max tier mag attachment.

The Prowler has no barrel attachments but therefore has a 35 round magazine with the max tier mag attachment!

So they did that do balance the Prowler vs the R-99

• Yoda A Green Smurf LV.8 Nomad Apr 16, 2020, 08:34 AM

i prefer prowler i just need selectfire but a lazer with both

• (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Muppet LV.22 Let's Party! Apr 16, 2020, 03:17 PM

i would say prowler but since i would pretty much need a select fire imma say r99

Home