Playz4Dayz LV.22 S
May 1, 2019, 03:29 AM 1,620 read

The idea that Apex is dying is ridiculous

Just because you personally are no longer putting 100% of your spare time into playing Apex doesn't mean that the game is dying. A lot of people were extremely into the game when it first released because it came as a complete surprise and nobody expected a free battle royale from the makers of Titanfall. Now the novelty has worn off, some of the fervor has settled, but just because some of the massive hype around a game has calmed down doesn't mean that the game itself is dying.   One of the biggest arguments that shows this is the ridiculously short queue timers for Apex Legends. Compared to other games, I can't think of anything that comes close to Apex in terms of getting me in a game ASAP. That isn't possible with a dying game because dying games don't have enough players to make that happen.   Look, I completely agree that Respawn needs to make some improvements and get some fresh content that will keep the people that play several hours a day happy, but it's important to realize that most people (especially people that work full time jobs and actually pay for things like cosmetics) don't actually get to play the game that much. While they would certainly welcome new content, the gameplay itself is fun enough to keep the vast majority of players more than happy until at least Season 2 when I expect Respawn will try to make some big changes. We just have to Respawn a chance, and Respawn just has to make sure they deliver.

Comment 32

• ObliviousRex LV.36 Mod May 1, 2019, 04:01 AM

👑 Featured! 👑

• Cryosphere LV.22 Insomniac May 1, 2019, 04:11 AM

Exactly. I don't even listen when people say a game is dying. A real update hasn't even come out for Apex yet, I'm still convinced it will dethrone fortnite within a year.

• Playz4Dayz LV.22 S May 1, 2019, 05:09 AM

Yeah, I mean even PUBG has made a bit of a comeback and people have been saying it's dead forever. I think that for so many people the second they stop losing interest in a game or start playing something else they say the game is dying.

• Cryosphere LV.22 Insomniac May 6, 2019, 08:21 AM

Halo 3 is over 12 years old, and has been "dead" for more than half that time. Yet I was playing it just fine the other day with over a thousand other people.

• Sheptater LV.11 I'm a Bot May 6, 2019, 07:41 AM

I really hope it does dethrone fortnite because I’ve always hated that game

• Triple6ixSatan LV.2 Lurker May 3, 2019, 01:34 AM

Apex blows tho 😂. I don’t see the devs coming up with cool events like the people at Epic

• Oneballsquatch LV.9 Nomad May 3, 2019, 02:13 AM

Apex is an fps. It's not respawns fault that you'd rather play third person Minecraft with guns as opposed to a high paced first person shooter.

• PZBzon3 LV.3 Lurker May 3, 2019, 03:22 PM

Lmao that's so true

• Apparition LV.25 Dragon May 14, 2019, 11:07 AM

Exactly

• Playz4Dayz LV.22 S May 4, 2019, 01:13 AM

I mean the game itself is cool and innovative. The ping and respawn systems were so influential that Fortnite took them right away. It just shows the difference in development capabilities between Respawn and Epic. Epic can make anything that Respawn can make and they can do it 10 times faster.

• Chily306 LV.22 Creeper May 2, 2019, 07:17 AM

Finally somebody with common sense

• NO NAME verified May 2, 2019, 04:46 PM

Im just hoping for “No Fill” or Solos lol

• GoFuckYourself :) LV.20 Chicken Dinner May 2, 2019, 11:42 PM

👌👌

• Niceguy103 LV.7 Survivor Main May 3, 2019, 10:30 PM

Well I don’t see apex stealing ideas off of other games

• xSeventhSagex LV.8 Nomad May 4, 2019, 10:19 AM

Apex won't die as soon as others say it will. It still has so much potential that no one can foresee. Yes it's lost some popularity. But it's still a great game. And the devs are looking into new ways to keep it's fan base alive and strong

• Smokelicense LV.29 Mod May 6, 2019, 06:32 AM

Awesome post dude! Somebody had to say it. So, well said. 😎 I’ll admit that the game has some disappointing flaws but honestly I still play everyday almost. I just hope they throw us a little more on the next update. Either way I’m sure I’ll still be here. ☺️

• Smokelicense LV.29 Mod May 6, 2019, 06:33 AM

In fact I’m going to feature this again. Awesome sauce!

🌎FEATURED🌍

• Pathy LV.22 Pathfinder Main May 16, 2019, 09:51 AM

Game: is released
    Game: gets lots of hype
    Game: is doing good and people are just having fun
    Game: people play it but don't hype about it due to everyone already knowing about it
    Fortnite: yOuR gAmE iS dYiNg

• Playz4Dayz LV.22 S May 17, 2019, 07:05 AM

This 100%. Honestly it's pretty sad how people don't want multiple games to succeed. If you're not playing their favorite game at the moment then whatever game you're playing is dead and trash.

• Pathy LV.22 Pathfinder Main May 18, 2019, 11:50 AM

Ikr, why does there need to be competition? Just play the game you like.

• truspilla LV.18 Champion May 2, 2019, 09:46 AM

👍🏼

• FakaUduM LV.2 Lurker May 2, 2019, 09:11 PM

#Facts

• Mariela637 LV.5 Epic May 3, 2019, 03:03 AM

🗣

• Herrlichee LV.18 Carry Me May 3, 2019, 03:45 AM

When many say that it’s dying they don’t mean the game is dead or it is rapidly dying. They usually mean the hype fell off. Respawn admitted themselves that they didn’t expect this much praise and hype for their game. They were not prepared, and I get that. The game is “dying” in the sense that people are leaving to go back to other games. Just like how Fortnite was “dying” when Apex came out, and is still is. The hype train for these games are just going down hill.

I still play the game, but even I admit it is dying, as in a lot of the hype kinda fell off. There needs to be goal, I get it to win, but after 100 you are literally doing it all for stats. Competitive would be nice, being able to earn more lootboxes like Overwatch after certain levels. Like 10 or 20. Which I am sure they will work on.

Home