SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket
Apr 26, 2019, 02:32 AM 1,916 read

Is Octane worth it?

I haven't done one of these in a while so here you go...

Apex Legends: General - Is Octane worth it? image 2

Octane costs 12,000 legend tokens or 750 Apex Coins($7.50) to unlock. Personally I would unlock him first, because I find Caustic useless for my play-style and Mirage is decent, but I rarely use him as well. 12,000 legend tokens sounds like a lot, but I'm only level 72 and I have all the legends and have around a few thousand to spare, so it really is probably a much better idea to save your legend tokens for him.   Based on his official bio, he is Octavio “Octane” Silva, the 24 year old heir to the CEO of Silva Pharmaceuticals who frequently succumbed to boredom. To entertain himself, he recorded himself doing death defying stunts and showing off his abilities.   Is he the right legend for you?: I would suggest trying him out if you like to play aggressive, because like wraith, he has a reasonably small hitbox, and can get out of places quickly. If you play defensive or like to camp, he might not be the legend for you, but you can still try him out.   Anyway, let's talk about his abilities.   Passive: Swift Mend

Apex Legends: General - Is Octane worth it? image 4

Octane has one of the best passive abilities in the game, at least in my opinion. Swift Mend lets him gradually regenerate health, at least while he isn't talking damage. It's a bit slow, only one health point every two seconds, but you don't need to carry as many health items, saving more for your squad mates and saving precious inventory space.   Tactical: Stim

Apex Legends: General - Is Octane worth it? image 6

Octane's tactical may not be the greatest, but it can certainly be useful if you're trying to catch up with squad mates who are far away from you(or as the clip shows, delete other squads). It also shows how he can get away from spots faster than other legends. Activating "Stim" increases your movement speed by 30% for around 6 seconds. However, it costs 10 percent of your health, so you shouldn't use it if you are really weak and need to heal. As the Apex bio says for this ability "Using Stim at low health won't kill you, but the next shot just might."   Ultimate: Launch Pad

Apex Legends: General - Is Octane worth it? image 8

Octane's ultimate deploys a launch pad to launch you and your teammates into the air. It doesn't send you up into the sky, but you can use it to get to higher ground faster and clear reasonably tall buildings. This ultimate isn't always super useful however. Enemies can hear when people use the launch pad pretty well, and anyone has a clear shot at you while you use it, which doesn't ever end well in a fast-paced game like Apex.   His abilities are perfect if you prefer a fast paced game and want to get up close to enemies. His tactical can give a great advantage if you use it correctly, because it's pretty hard to hit all your shots if the enemy is moving faster than you. His passive is also one of the most useful in game. I would use shotguns, SMGs, and automatic weapons with him, because he is best played at close range. Used correctly, he is an absolute beast.   Sources: Octane Images and GIFs from Google and Gfycat. None of the GIFs and images are my own. https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/apex-legends-octane-guide-how-to-play/

For verification: https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Apex_Legends

Poll Closed 67 Voted

Is Octane Worth It?

• Yes 45
  • No 10
  • Idk/Undecided 12

Comment your ideas down below and like if you want to see more of these, and make sure to answer the poll <3

Comment 35

• ObliviousRex LV.36 Mod Apr 26, 2019, 03:30 AM

As far as free-to-play games goes, I always prefer to earn as many things in-game as possible. I only give money for things if I want to support a developer outright. Octane’s speed and healing factor have made many in his first few weeks say that he’s overpowered, but I think he’s simply another solid option. Is he worth the cash money or time and effort? That’s for each individual gamer to decide. He’s one of my top favorites, though I still prefer Pathfinder and Caustic.

• Lord Diabol LV.22 Game Critic May 6, 2019, 09:23 PM

I unlocked everyone except Octane so far, each legend has their uses. In the Octane play that Ive seen hes not an extraordinarily tactical character, he excels at close quarters and team positioning since you can use his launch pad to reach areas others can't. Not to say I wont unlock him eventually but I prefer to play support characters like Lifeline and Bangalore

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket May 11, 2019, 12:30 AM

Yeah, he is pretty aggressive, if you like pushing/flanking he's one of the best.

• CH3M LV.11 I'm a Bot May 7, 2019, 02:36 AM

Octane is very very good you can use him very aggressively or you can use him passively and use the stim and jump pad to get around the map and find a new angles on your opponents just be weary of other octanes and that super annoying pathfinder cause anyone who’s good at pathfinder if they see you they can be right up on your ass in no time

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket May 11, 2019, 12:30 AM

ikr lol
    pathfinder is so good too

• CH3M LV.11 I'm a Bot May 11, 2019, 03:53 AM

He is but man do I hate him I die to pathfinder more times then I care to admit lol

• LoganVert LV.20 S Apr 26, 2019, 08:08 AM

Dang thanks for that! I’d would love to see one about Mirage! I’m indecisive between who I want

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket Apr 26, 2019, 08:14 AM

If you like playing aggressive, I would suggest Octane. If you play more tactical then take Mirage.
    If you like playing defensive/camping, I would use Caustic.
    It's entirely up to you however, if you feel like Mirage would be better, then buy him. Nothing wrong with it. :D

• LoganVert LV.20 S Apr 26, 2019, 08:15 AM

Thanks. I’ll probably get Mirage then

• Chily306 LV.22 Creeper Apr 27, 2019, 09:42 AM

Don’t get mirage get an actual character. I made that mistake.

• CH3M LV.11 I'm a Bot May 7, 2019, 02:39 AM

Let me be real with you man mirage is absolutely useless you will waste your points and/or money buying him, his tac and his ultimate are straight garbage

• Chily306 LV.22 Creeper Apr 27, 2019, 09:40 AM

Heck yes

• ƳƠƲƦ ƝƖƓӇƬMƛƦЄƧ LV.22 S Apr 30, 2019, 11:21 AM

I think he is fast and speedy

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket May 1, 2019, 08:39 AM

lol he can be really aggressive

• ƳƠƲƦ ƝƖƓӇƬMƛƦЄƧ LV.22 S Apr 30, 2019, 11:21 AM

So yes

• gamer297382306 LV.2 Lurker May 1, 2019, 07:28 AM

Yes

• The Drunk Monkey LV.4 Lurker May 2, 2019, 07:23 AM

Idk if I'm the only one that's noticed this but I find with gib and caustic that I feel overall really slow (both in movement speed and sensetivity) I know his movement speed isn't actually any different but I find it harder to aim with them for some reason. Might just be me. Where as if I use lifeline I feel more responsive.
    Im not crazy right?

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket May 2, 2019, 07:29 AM

I think its just his arm animation that is slower, his actual movement is the same speed tho.
    Here's a good article on it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/apbb8j/psa_all_legends_have_the_same_run_speed_no_one_is/

• The Drunk Monkey LV.4 Lurker May 2, 2019, 07:33 AM

Yeah, I came to that conclusion too tho I do feel like my aim sensetivity also drops when I use either. Feels more sticky, like trying to use a mouse without a mouse mat.

• iKoRuPTeD_ RaGe LV.6 Monster May 3, 2019, 03:36 AM

Yes. 100× yes

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket May 11, 2019, 12:29 AM

agreed lol

• youtube Ded ZEOX9 LV.4 Lurker May 6, 2019, 12:32 AM

Octane is so worth it

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket May 11, 2019, 12:29 AM

yep

• NO NAME verified May 6, 2019, 07:08 PM

Jason

• XB1.Dredgen iko LV.16 Titan May 9, 2019, 04:21 PM

Yes