POPULAR Apex Legends Lounge Guidelines
This glorious lounge is where our community comes to discuss Apex Legends. As with all Lounges across Moot, this Lounge expects that all participants adhere to our Content Policy: https://moot.us/etc/contentpolicy
Post things in the correct board and only content directly related to Apex Legends (and reasonably paired with Titanfall at times). Please avoid low-content posts, simply because they clog things up. If you post art, please give proper credit to the original artists. Any unrelated content will be moved to the Off Topic board.
About the boards:
• FEATURED will self-populate based on post popularity, unless a moderator decides to Feature a post because it's great.
• GENERAL is for anything unrelated to the other boards, as long as it's still related to Apex Legends.
• LOOKING FOR GROUP is for finding other Legends to squad up with. This goes both for straightforward LFG posts as well as just looking for platform-specific friends.
• MEMES is where the memes never die. Expect the Mozambique critiques to reign supreme, or be bamboozled for all eternity. Post your memes here, and try not to go crazy with copycat posts.
• HIGHLIGHTS is for those videos and other posts of your greatest and most legendary of exploits. Also, if you want to brag about your wins. If you’re proud of any accomplishments, Highlights is the best place for that type of content.
• PROMOTIONS is for our streamers, content creators, clans, and discord collectives to share what they have to offer. If your supposed highlight videos seem focused on self-promotion more than content, they’re best off here as well.
POPULAR Is Octane worth it?
I haven't done one of these in a while so here you go...
Octane costs 12,000 legend tokens or 750 Apex Coins($7.50) to unlock. Personally I would unlock him first, because I find Caustic useless for my play-style and Mirage is decent, but I rarely use him as well. 12,000 legend tokens sounds like a lot, but I'm only level 72 and I have all the legends and have around a few thousand to spare, so it really is probably a much better idea to save your legend tokens for him.
Based on his official bio, he is Octavio “Octane” Silva, the 24 year old heir to the CEO of Silva Pharmaceuticals who frequently succumbed to boredom. To entertain himself, he recorded himself doing death defying stunts and showing off his abilities.
Is he the right legend for you?:
I would suggest trying him out if you like to play aggressive, because like wraith, he has a reasonably small hitbox, and can get out of places quickly. If you play defensive or like to camp, he might not be the legend for you, but you can still try him out.
Anyway, let's talk about his abilities.
Passive: Swift Mend
Octane has one of the best passive abilities in the game, at least in my opinion. Swift Mend lets him gradually regenerate health, at least while he isn't talking damage. It's a bit slow, only one health point every two seconds, but you don't need to carry as many health items, saving more for your squad mates and saving precious inventory space.
Octane's tactical may not be the greatest, but it can certainly be useful if you're trying to catch up with squad mates who are far away from you(or as the clip shows, delete other squads). It also shows how he can get away from spots faster than other legends. Activating "Stim" increases your movement speed by 30% for around 6 seconds. However, it costs 10 percent of your health, so you shouldn't use it if you are really weak and need to heal. As the Apex bio says for this ability "Using Stim at low health won't kill you, but the next shot just might."
Ultimate: Launch Pad
Octane's ultimate deploys a launch pad to launch you and your teammates into the air. It doesn't send you up into the sky, but you can use it to get to higher ground faster and clear reasonably tall buildings. This ultimate isn't always super useful however. Enemies can hear when people use the launch pad pretty well, and anyone has a clear shot at you while you use it, which doesn't ever end well in a fast-paced game like Apex.
His abilities are perfect if you prefer a fast paced game and want to get up close to enemies. His tactical can give a great advantage if you use it correctly, because it's pretty hard to hit all your shots if the enemy is moving faster than you. His passive is also one of the most useful in game. I would use shotguns, SMGs, and automatic weapons with him, because he is best played at close range. Used correctly, he is an absolute beast.
Octane Images and GIFs from Google and Gfycat. None of the GIFs and images are my own.
For verification: https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Apex_Legends
Comment your ideas down below and like if you want to see more of these, and make sure to answer the poll <3
POPULAR Apex Season 2 teaser
From @playapex latest twitter post:
“For Season 2 you can expect a Battle Pass with more meaningful content, the introduction of a new Legend, the debut of a new weapon . . . and you didn’t expect Kings Canyon to stay the same forever, did you?”
Read the whole thing here: