NO NAME verified
Feb 1, 2019, 10:12 AM 327 read

[Rumor] Resident Evil 8 is in development

According to EVIL VR, a twitter account that has access to Capcom's inside sources, RE 8 has been in development, and it's still in early stage. Also, RE 3 Remake is being discussed internally. EVIL VR also tweeted some details regarding the games.   Resident Evil 8 “will take place on a recently-abandoned island where the secret laboratory is located.” The story so far is to “uncover the truth behind the creation of Eveline and more of similar bio-weapons.” “Some concepts from 3.5 (hook-man) will be borrowed for 8.” “Hallucinations will play a big part, getting players confused on what’s real or not.” Capcom is debating on whether they want to make this a mainline game or spin-off. After the praise received by Resident Evil 2, they will go with a third-person camera view. Development on Resident Evil 8 started last year by a small team. Capcom is also discussing Resident Evil 3 Remake internally. Resident Evil 8 will be released only after Resident Evil 3 Remake is out. Capcom has no interest in remaking Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6.   As opposed to how Resident Evil 7 was first person horror, Resident Evil 8 is speculated to be a third person shooter. I'm very much interested and disappointed at the same time that Capcom decided to revert the game back to the old style. Although the remake found out to be a major success, I was actually hoping for another third person Resident Evil game. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to change the general gameplay of the series so frequently. Super hyped for RE 3 Remake though😃

Comment 1

• OneSubset LV.23 Warrior Feb 2, 2019, 10:33 AM

Please be 3dd person R.E. 7. 1st person turns me off

Home