Mock_Wolf3995 LV.5 Lurker
Sep 9, 2020, 11:10 AM 131 read

Help

I just started monster hunter and I would like to know if anyone has any combat tips or tips on weapons and armor. thanks

Comment 8

• Razor EX LV.5 Deadeye Sep 10, 2020, 12:19 AM

Well if you want an easier time then use the defender gear, if you want a harder time pick the regular armor but you can choose whatever since the defender gear is suppose to help players get to Iceborne fast. The defender armor can help you all the way to high rank if you want to use it and then that's where the good armor pieces start to come in. Weapon depends on your playstyle. All weapons are good but if you find one you like then you should search on youtube the movesets and combos for the weapons and a general tip is to try not to be too aggressive with a monster because if you dont know how to read a monsters move then you cant kill it faster. Also use whatever monster weapon you like, if you like the way it looks then use it if you dont care then use a "stronger" weapon. Another general tip for armors is to not just use offensive skills if you're struggling, use some defensive skills too. I recommend health boost(2 or 3), stun resistanse 3(if you get hit a lot), and then you can put whatever else you want. I can help you out if you want if you play on PC.

• Mock_Wolf3995 LV.5 Lurker Sep 10, 2020, 02:06 AM

thanks I'll keep that in mind right now I'm attacking to much and get too low and right now I like using the double hunting knives or whatever there called and the sword and shield so I'll try to use these thanks I'm on ps4 tho.

• Razor EX LV.5 Deadeye Sep 10, 2020, 02:16 AM

Ah well I can just give tips then. Also the weapons you're using are called dual blades. They're good at dishing out big elemental damage and are pretty good with statuses. Since you use them I recommend some stamina skills to help out.

• Razor EX LV.5 Deadeye Sep 10, 2020, 02:20 AM

Also speed eating might come in handy if you are eating too much mega potions and such. I use it a lot in Iceborne since monsters attack faster. Free meal is also a nice extra skill too

• Mock_Wolf3995 LV.5 Lurker Sep 10, 2020, 03:19 AM

how do you upgrade skills I haven't heard them talk about skills yet and it seems useful but thanks I'll remember stamina

• Razor EX LV.5 Deadeye Sep 10, 2020, 03:46 AM

Sry school, but you cant really upgrade skills but you get more of the same skill in order to get a better version of it

• Mock_Wolf3995 LV.5 Lurker Sep 10, 2020, 05:51 AM

sry to get back so late I went out and left my phone behind but ok do you receive more of the skill by leveling up or like do you get it by eating certain things oh I also beat the barroth by playing more defensive thanks.

• NO NAME verified Sep 15, 2020, 12:31 AM

Depends of your weapon of choice, but defender armor a for sure in armor

Home