MrWallManMain verified LV.34 Mod
Jun 25, 2020, 06:30 PM 59 read

Soulsborne Thread: Which should be my next adventure?

Off Topic: General - Soulsborne Thread: Which should be my next adventure? image 1

The huge step I made is insane! It all started in 2017 when Bloodborne went free on PS Plus. Back then I didn’t even make it past the first enemy, although I was supposed to die in that fight, before realizing that this was not my game at all. Considering that it’s even stranger that 3 years after that a wave of boredom caused by all those game release postponements has made me get back into Bloodborne. And I’m absolutely loving it! I love the grind, I love the combat and I absolutely love the challenge and feeling of accomplishment when defeating a boss I thought I’d never beat - and most importantly: I want more! But which way should I go? Which should be my next game? Here are a few options: Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice and Lords of the Fallen

Off Topic: General - Soulsborne Thread: Which should be my next adventure? image 3

What I absolutely love about these games is the setting! No more dark tones as in dark souls and bloodborne but actually colorful worlds in Sekiro and an immersive experience in an icy and lifeless environment in Lords of the Fallen provide a somewhat different experience from the Soulsborne franchise. Unfortunately the two games differ a lot from the souls games in terms of gameplay, so I kinda feel like those games are more for souls veterans that just like a casual souls-like experience than for newcomers like me, who seek the common souls challenge What so you think? Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

Off Topic: General - Soulsborne Thread: Which should be my next adventure? image 5

Bloodborne, although being the most similar to Dark Souls out of all Souls-like games, still has significant changes in terms of challenges and gameplay. With the Old Hunters DLC however Bloodborne comes fairly close to Dark Souls - at least in terms of challenge. The Old Hunters won’t be an easy ride, but that’s exactly what I am looking for. Will it be worth it tho? Dark Souls 3

Off Topic: General - Soulsborne Thread: Which should be my next adventure? image 7

There not much to say about Dark Souls of course. The second I watched gameplay of the first boss transforming into a mixture of a bird and a tree I knew I HAVE to play this game or else I will miss a ton! Another argument for Dark Souls is: I can’t say I have played Bloodborne, The Old Hunters, Lords of the Fallen and/ or Sekiro without having ever played Dark Souls before. It would be like playing all the DLCs of a game without ever touching the actual main game . But will it be worth it tho? I know I’ll have to get used to the all different mechanics than in Bloodborne so while I do I want to at least make sure the game is good. So is Dark Souls 3 a good choice or should I rather dig out my PS3 and play Dark Souls 1 instead? So what would you think? Which of theses Soulsborne/ Souls-like games should I play next?

Poll Closed 8 Voted

What should I play next?

• The Old Hunters (Bloodborne DLC) 3
  • Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice 2
  • The Lords of the Fallen 0
  • Dark Souls 3 (or rather Dark Souls 1?) 2
  • other ( maybe wait for Demon Souls remastered?) 1

Comment 0

Home