♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard
May 24, 2020, 04:57 AM 173 read

Controversial Topic #1 - Religion

‼️This is all MY OPINION. If you get offended easily, I would suggest not reading any of this. Do not come at me for having an opinion, especially with this warning. This mainly targets religious hypocrites‼️ I grew up in a religious-free household. I was not raised with religion. I do not know much about many religions because I am not religious and it has just never applied to me. Therefore, if anything I say is FACTUALLY WRONG, please KINDLY inform me. now I have no problem with people who are religious. However, I have a problem with the ones who bring religion into everything and are extreme hypocrites. For example, when someone who is religious says that someone is going to go to hell for being part of the LGBT+ community. You can easily believe something different from someone else, but that does not give you the right to tell someone that they are living in the wrong way because it contradicts what you go by. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes when I go by those “let me pray for you” tiktoks because that’s just not what i’m used to. I also don’t believe in that, so it makes me slightly uncomfortable. I have no problem with someone who is religious, it’s just not what i am. I knew this one person who told me that God will make me pay for hurting them. In that situation, i was trying my hardest to mature, and i was definitely more mature than them. They brought God into the argument then ended with them saying something racist. Those are the type of religious people that make me cringe at the thought of religion. They say they support this life of loving everyone and say something like that. It’s life. You’re going to hurt and you’re going to get hurt. You cannot hope God is going to punish someone for simply doing what is expected in life. You cannot do something against your beliefs but hate on somebody when they do something against your beliefs. You might as well not believe at that point, because you can’t handle applying the things you worship into your own life. Idk if this post made any sense but it’s mainly me just voicing my opinion. Thank you to anyone who actually read this.

Comment 37

• ♡ egirl Lola ♡ LV.37 Rare Candy May 24, 2020, 04:59 AM

😎wicked

• ♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard May 24, 2020, 05:00 AM

that was totally WICKED

• @popeyes_emma12 LV.14 Chief May 24, 2020, 04:59 AM

I was born in a religions family and at first it was kinda annoying cuz I had to go to church and other shit but when I was growing up I understood why

yeah

• BiiiLLeee LV.3 Lurker May 24, 2020, 05:01 AM

Honestly I agree, I have no problem with religion itself but some of the people are annoying :/ sometimes it’s just so toxic

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2020, 05:05 AM

Yes thank you. Someone who understands.

• ♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard May 24, 2020, 08:37 AM

yeah

• NO NAME verified May 24, 2020, 05:01 AM

To be honest. I’m religious. But I don’t follow my religion. It was forced on me. So your ok.

• Opal_Fox Gaming LV.31 Legend May 24, 2020, 05:09 AM

Join the Opal religion, not made by me

• Elfi LV.31 Rare Candy May 24, 2020, 05:43 AM

This may end up really long so if you aren't interesting in reading I apologise in advance 😅

I actually study religion, and from what I've learnt these past 3 years I have kind of just come to the conclusion that it isn't the belief in God that even does it, it's the cultural part of it that makes people have crazy beliefs. In the New Testament there is a gospel called John which features some anti semitic stuff in it because at the time the Jewish people helped the Roman empire persecute the Christians. However, all this was used by the Nazis to "justify" the Holocaust. Obviously that's an extreme example but the point is that parts of religious texts are usually only relevant to the past as they are more about the culture of the time rather than what their God has told them (I guess it is just that they believe their culture at the time was God's will).

also I haven't seen those tiktoks and idk if I want to 😅

TDLR; Most of the stuff in religious text is more about the society of the past than God's word or whatever. Other things were twisted by people to make them fit with their views. People who read too much into it come out with the crazy stuff you saw and honestly? I think they're just a bit too extreme and an "all mighty all powerful overlord" is a pretty good excuse

• ♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard May 24, 2020, 06:51 AM

what does TDLR mean?..

• Papacado LV.3 Lurker May 24, 2020, 06:55 AM

too damn lazy to reply

• Papacado LV.3 Lurker May 24, 2020, 06:56 AM

or Too long, didn't reply

• Elfi LV.31 Rare Candy May 24, 2020, 06:57 AM

Usually too long, didn't read but it can be what papacado said too 😂

• Privatebutter65 LV.32 Dub Collector May 24, 2020, 04:59 AM

Is it ok if I think god is goated on the sticks?

• ♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard May 24, 2020, 04:59 AM

absolutely

• ♡ egirl Lola ♡ LV.37 Rare Candy May 24, 2020, 05:00 AM

LMAO is god a claw player??

• Privatebutter65 LV.32 Dub Collector May 24, 2020, 05:00 AM

I don’t think he can play claw since he uses switch controllers

• ♡ egirl Lola ♡ LV.37 Rare Candy May 24, 2020, 05:01 AM

Aww:((

i’m sorry i thought you said “it is bad” not “is it okay”

• Privatebutter65 LV.32 Dub Collector May 24, 2020, 05:00 AM

I see

• The Ghost LV.26 Dream Chaser May 24, 2020, 06:58 AM

I read the whole post and I agree.I might be a person that believes in God but not the same way as the persons that say you will go to hell if you do this.I mean why would you tell anyone off at something you are wrong at.All I gotta say is I am religious but what you say is completely right and just why would you tell anyone what to not do.(So if I made lots of grammar mistakes Im sorry and religion might be a bit too much sometimes.)

• ♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard May 24, 2020, 08:38 AM

yeah. i have no issue with religious people, it’s just the people who bring religion into everything and use that as their excuse for everything.

• The Ghost LV.26 Dream Chaser May 24, 2020, 04:21 PM

Yeah I also hate that kind of people cause they are just using religion for an excuse and they might not even know what a church is.

• REAPER_DEADS_MAN’S LV.7 Deadeye May 24, 2020, 07:14 AM

Wow, finally someone who understands. I do not believe in god and we are religious free our family. I live in Quebec, La beauce if someone know what is it and it’s very religious. My primary teachers where religious and would tell me that i was religious and that if I don’t believe in god i will go to hell. I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD when they started telling me this. And they would use it everytime i did something wrong, but you know what is unacceptable. It’s that the last grade teacher wasn’t religious and that the others teacher often tried to get her out of the school. There was always fighting with the teachers.

• ♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard May 25, 2020, 05:31 AM

that’s awful

• REAPER_DEADS_MAN’S LV.7 Deadeye May 25, 2020, 05:32 AM

Its what it his

• Naruto5578 LV.4 Lurker May 24, 2020, 07:28 AM

Not trying to start anything else but the argument your making is basically what you hate but opposite as in your not religious

• Naruto5578 LV.4 Lurker May 24, 2020, 07:42 AM

but as I hate to agree you are mostly right about some religious people trying to judge others

• Dabrock1012 LV.19 4x Champion! May 24, 2020, 07:43 AM

facts lol

• Naruto5578 LV.4 Lurker May 24, 2020, 07:43 AM

and I'm not trying to be like them but think

• Naruto5578 LV.4 Lurker May 24, 2020, 07:44 AM

who created all these wonders who made everything there is in my opinion 100% a god

• Naruto5578 LV.4 Lurker May 24, 2020, 07:45 AM

read the Bible for aleast 5 minutes and see if you can make something out of anything

• ♡ egirl Kayla ♡ LV.31 Try Hard May 24, 2020, 08:37 AM

i don’t think we have a bible in our house

Home