ObliviousRex Founder
Jun 4, 2019, 04:07 AM 141 read

If you could create a brand new game, what would it be?

You play games. You have ideas. Same for me.

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 2

What would you like to see in the future of video games? Don’t tell me just about hopes for a game that’s already coming out, but instead an idealized version of your gaming hopes and dreams!

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 4

Do you want a stellar FPS shooter with a persistent open world? Maybe you want an MMO version of Apex Legends’ movement and gunplay in a massive Metro Exodus-styled landscape? Do you want an MMO VR game with cross play on all systems, complete with mobile augmented reality methods to keep you involved while away from the game?

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 6

Perhaps you’d just prefer a mixed reality version of Candy Crush... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 8

BioShock 4, but ripping the structure apart to create significant choice in their shifting stories and endings? (Hooray for constants and variables!)

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 10

Titanfall 3 in VR? Destiny: Infinite, the MMO that the series always should have been?

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 12

No? Let’s talk about something completely different... .... ... .. . Video Game Musicals

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 14

I don’t care what it is. Throw your crazy ideas my way. Inquiring minds need to know.

Off Topic: General - If you could create a brand new game, what would it be? image 16

Comment 11

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket Jun 4, 2019, 04:11 AM

literally a game where you are a potato

• ObliviousRex Founder Jun 4, 2019, 04:24 AM

ID@Xbox game, we’ll simply name it Potatoes, and you’re a sentient potato in the vein of Goat Simulator. Intro screen:

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket Jun 4, 2019, 04:26 AM

• ObliviousRex Founder Jun 4, 2019, 04:34 AM

I’m imagining Xbox Achievements.
    Scalloped - Potato died in a cheesy way.
    Sweet Potatoed - Coated in sugar, Potato fell in love.
    Fish & Chips - Potato nearly drowned, but was instead eaten by a fish.
    Waffling - Refused to move at all. Did not realize own sentience.

• SinisterPotatoe LV.21 Team Rocket Jun 4, 2019, 05:12 AM

XD

• 2LJ_BLESSED_UP1 LV.11 Chief Jun 4, 2019, 04:11 AM

Probably more story driven RPGs

• ObliviousRex Founder Jun 4, 2019, 04:25 AM

I’d love more of them, with or without open worlds. A new Mass Effect would please me...

• 2LJ_BLESSED_UP1 LV.11 Chief Jun 4, 2019, 04:26 AM

Yeah definitely

• Reusablebelt171 LV.30 JUST SEND IT Jun 4, 2019, 05:22 AM

A fp medieval horror game, like a mix of dark souls and prey

• ObliviousRex Founder Jun 4, 2019, 07:54 AM

I’m in. I suggest starting rather stereotypical in medieval fashion, teaching your knight(?) the ropes, then slowly evolving into something absolutely terrifying.

• Reusablebelt171 LV.30 JUST SEND IT Jun 4, 2019, 07:54 AM

Noice👌

Home