ObliviousRex LV.36 Mod
Jul 20, 2020, 01:45 AM 281 read

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies

No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 1

#ObliviousCaptures 📸 🎮 Not so much a review as me just vaguely gushing about a game I enjoy, but wow... This. Game. It is simultaneously one of the most fun and open games I’ve ever played... also so incredibly dense and full of glitches. I can’t do anything but give it a high rating, because even with constant frustration it’s still a blast to play. In terms of glitches, I’ve had the first-person camera get stuck in the rear section of numerous ships. I’ve also fallen through the floor of a freighter multiple times when rounding a corner too quickly... so the interior didn’t load in... and then I died in space. Or I’ve been stuck in the walls of multiple buildings, ships, mountains, etc. Or NPCs have been... yeah.

No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 3

But believe me, friends, it’s all worth it. The crazy stuff you’ll see that I won’t spoil for you? There’s a lot of it. There’s so much that I went nearly 50 hours into the game before seeing some of the trippiest sights I could’ve imagined in this game. That’s not even mentioning all the strange creatures, for example...

No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 5
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 6
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 7
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 8
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 9
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 10

That last one I’ve renamed the Blergh, for obvious reasons. Absolutely terrified of me, even though it was about 4 times taller than my Gek. Traveling in space and between these planets, moons, and more is incredible. It’s a constant joy and full of surprises.

No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 12
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 13
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 14

I hope you’ll enjoy your time in space as much as I have, because it’s well worth your time. #GekLife See You Space Cowboy!

No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 16
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 37
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 38
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 39
No Man's Sky: General - Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxies  image 40

Comment 5

• Eʋαɳ LV.20 Clearly Hacking Jul 22, 2020, 06:58 AM

Hmm, my game has never glitched. Amazing post non the less!

• ObliviousRex LV.36 Mod Jul 22, 2020, 08:03 AM

Some days are better than others, but I’ve seen a lot of weird glitches. All’s well that ends well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    And thank you!

• DirtyDan421 LV.6 Champion Jul 29, 2020, 08:50 AM

My game also glitches out often and sometimes even crashes. It’s still a good game nonetheless though!

• Trendyknox LV.3 Lurker Aug 12, 2020, 10:38 AM

I’ve sort of just started, is it worth it to just jump around to different systems and check out the planets? Or should I find one I like and settle down with a big base there? Also the missions sometimes seem a bit tedious

• ObliviousRex LV.36 Mod Aug 12, 2020, 10:43 AM

You can pick a planet and start up a solid base, but you’ll likely need constant exploration to find all the materials to level things up. I’ve started a few bases myself, but that last time I visited one was tens of thousands of light years behind me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Home