New to Rainbow Six? Don't skip those Tutorials
Are you new to Rainbow Six Siege? The first thing you really wanna do when you beging the game is... watch all three tutorial videos. No you heard me right. Watch all three of them and don't you skip.
These tutorials will provide you with a quick overview of some of the components in the game. And they will give you 200 Renown each. It's the in-game currency and you can buy new Operators, attachments for weapons and skins.
After you complete all three tutorials, I suggest you jump into "Situations". It's a PVE training ground where you get to learn fundamental basic controls, maps and general gadget utility in the game. The maps here are identical to the multiplayer version so you can familiarize yourself with the map and master some common tactics here.
Each 'Situations' have objectives that rewards you with bonus Renown when you complete them. If you didn't get it the first time, you can try it again.
Lastly, make sure you check for daily and weekly challenges for objectives to earn extra Renown. Equip yourself better with extra Renown you earn and it'll make the difference between life and death.
Short message to new players
When you're in trouble, you're confused, or you need help, please don't be afraid to ask for help. We all understand that Rainbow Six Siege has a very steep learning curve. I remember the first time I played Rainbow Six at my friends place years ago. I had absolutely no idea what the heck was going on around me.
If you let your team know that you are new to the game, they are more likely to respond kindly.... instead of just running headfirst into a kill zone and end up handicapping the team.
If you're not sure, don't know what to do, where to go, just Ask! Don't worry, you'll make new friends who can teach you the game.
It's all about TIME management
You really need to remember to check the time from time to time. It'll give you an advantage if you know how to use it well.
If your are repeatedly losing to your opponent team and you know you cannot withstand them in a firefight, try to fight against the clock on defense instead.
Give you an example, use trap operators like Lesion, Kapkan, Frost, Ela and barricade lots and lots of doors at roaming distance and break windows in the prep phase.
This is not gonna cost you too much time or pose a threat. Instead, it'll drastically reduce the available time for the attackers.
Simulate a run out by going out for few seconds and get detected and get back int. You will scare the attackers at the beginning of the round.
Roaming and falling back at slow speed is another great way of slowing down the attackers to the last phase of rush. Lesion or Smoke will come in handy when you're employing this trick.
When playing a 1 speed you are slightly louder and more noticible then 2 and 3 speeds,so keep that in mind when playing. Dont forget 1 speeds are usually anchors and are made to be anchors (there guns/abilities) I also recommend anchors cover any hatches above obj because if a jackal tracks you,then you already in obj and your roamers are still safe.
5 Simple but Effective Tips for DEFENDERS
1. One great combo would be to use Castle & Mira and dominate one entry point to cover and cover the angles of the player behind the mirror. You can also add Smoke so you can buy yourself more time and cause your enemies to speed up their attacks and hopefully fall into strategic mistakes.
2. If you are playing Bomb, make sure you blow up walls dividing two rooms so that both adjacent rooms become one larger room. You can also add an additional room by blowing up walls and barricading doorways. Use your imagination and remodel and reshape the sites as you saw fit.
3. Quickly, what Bandit Tricking is: timing Bandit's gadget placement right on time in order that Thatcher can't destroy the batteries with his EMP and you can deny any charges blowing up the wall. Now Bandit Tricking is usually successful with Valkyrie on her cameras thrown outside and calling out the sides on which Thermite is placing his charge. The only thing you have to remember is that, Valkyrie's right will be left for Bandit.. when the cameras is behind the wall, you see the opposite) ..... Or you can just have Mira's mirror on the wall to help Bandit do the job alone.
4. First strat takes 2 out of 5 focusing on the wall alone. You gotta have someone covering Bandit and Valkyrie's back. SEcond strat will depend on the mirror. Losing the mirror means you lost the wall. Watch for Twitch drone since they will destroy the mirror with ease when there's nobody.
5. You wanna utilize Bandit Tricking mostly on objectives that heavily depends on a specific set of walls.
How sound works in Siege
You got your headset on? Now let me tell you something about the sound in Rainbow Six Siege. Compared to most of other first person shooter games, sound works a bit differently in Siege.
When you're in Rainbow Six Siege, you can literally hear and estimate how near or far the enemy is by the sound of their footsteps. You can also hear the difference between different flooring, whether they are running, crouching, etc.
This is so basic yet something that even an experienced player sometimes forget. Keep this in mind when moving around the map as an attacker or as a defender. If you can hear them, if they are in your ear shot, the reverse works for them too. They can probably hear you just as much as you can hear them.
Do not get the diamond skin
It just isn't worth it tbh. I got it and enjoyed it for maybe a month then it just became another universal skin I didn't use. Unless I have nothing else good for a single operator. Honestly I would just much rather have bought packs for a chance at black ice or something.
Help with mic on discord
I launched discord and was with my friend and everything was fine. Moments later I launched CS GO and my friend says he hears a static sound coming from my end and says I sound very loud. I don’t hear any of this he sounds clear. I go to the discord settings and do a mic test and I hear this very loud static coming through and when I talk I sound extremely loud. Does anyone know why ? It was working good last night and it happened right before I launched CS GO.
Any tips on making a clan?
Hi i wanted to start an r6 clan but am not sure of how to go about doing so i wanted to see if anybody had tips or other ideas also im not sure what to do recruitment wise as ive never really done this before if you have any ideas or suggestion please leave a comment any feedback is much appreciated
5 Simple but Effective Tips for ATTACKERS
1. On Large Maps like Bank or Oregon, you want Jackal to hunt down the roamers.
2. Pick Hibana/Thermite/Maverick with Thatcher so you can have multiple entry points so you can confuse your enemy and they wouldn't know where you'll peek.
3. Playing slowly is boring. Rushing feels way more exciting but it will probably get you killed.
4. Organize your push into different steps with your team. For example, Phase 1: Drone top floors, Phase 2: Breach into the top floor, Phase 3: Dominate top floor's stairs and start breaching hatches/soft floor.
5. One excellent way to deny Bandit Tricking is to have Hibana shoot her gadgets in the middle of two walls that are now electrified yet and ignite them right away. You will have 4 pelletes on one wall, and 2 pellets on the other wall.
Maverick is definitely the best counter to Bandit Tricking. He can go through any countermeasure.
Zofia's gadget or flashes can deny Bandit Tricking IF only Bandit is ALONE + relying on the sounds.