Shaddowshot Shaddowshot LV.6 Deadeye
Mar 12, 2019, 01:26 PM 2,188 read

Possibly Interesting Operator?

Hey guys, new to Moot, first post ever! :D So by now, I'm sure most of us have seen the leak about the potential new operator that could make themselves invisble to cameras. That got me thinking about a new defense operator as well. I'm curious what you guys think about the following concept. A defense operator who can, for up to 10-15 seconds at a time, mask their presence outside. Now, I know that a lot of people just had a kneejerk "hell no" reaction, but hear me out first. I know that this leans into some of the toxicity brought to the game by spawnkilling. But, Ubisoft seems to be somewhat embracing that anyway, and in fact pushing for more outdoor play in the maps. My evidence for this is the vast amount of space in the Outback outdoor area-way, way more than is actually needed for attacker positioning. Also, during the Burnt Horizon reveal panel in the Invitational, one of the devs said that they expect to see a lot more outdoor combat with this map. I think they seem to be leaning in to the idea that not all of the action has to take place indoors. A couple of balance notes for this idea: I think the ability would have to be relatively short, similar to Silent Step in duration. They would likely be a primary Shotgun operator, maybe with a low-powered SMG as as your other option. Reflex and holo sights only to keep them from spawn sniping from absurd distances. And, considering all of the issues Lion has caused, I think that if their ability worked to cloak them from Lion scans as well, it would be a huge step ftoward rebalancing Lion. Providing a direct hard counter helps even the playing field a lot. For gadgets, I'm guessing barbed wire and shield or impacts for making quick in-and-out holes or slowing down pursuers. What do you guys think? Too overpowered? Fun concept?

Comment 0

Home