footwork. verified LV.28 Hero
Sep 8, 2020, 11:27 PM 570 read

Guide for playing 'Glaz' on 'Chalet'.

Guides

[DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to be as bare bones as possible in order to give general advice to any new Rainbow Six: Siege players. In addition to this article being opinionated, I would like to also state that zero-sum strats in this game do not exist and the tell of a good Siege player is their decision making and adaptation to the changing battlefield.]

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Glaz' on 'Chalet'. image 2

Chalet is a triple-level map (consisting of three floors) found only in Ranked play. The current architecture of the map gives a significant advantage to the attackers due to the vertical destruction available to attackers found on all four bomb sites.   ‘Glaz’ is a 2 armour, 1 speed attacker. The operators’ primary value comes from a culmination of both the operators long-range shooting abilities as well as Glaz’s HDS flipsight (a thermal optic which can be used to detect enemy players through bullet holes and smoke). Glaz will typically provide the largest amount of value to an attacking team by maintaining a position outside of the objective building. This is because the operator's HDS optic can only detect body heat while Glaz is stationary, which can be difficult to accomplish when in a CQC environment. New players should also note that Kali will typically be a higher value operator pick than Glaz with the current meta. This is because Kali is able to accomplish the same long range responsibilities as Glaz while also being able to act as the attacking teams counter to entry denial in the case of a Thatcher ban. Attackers should keep this in mind when choosing the best long range operator for the map so as to maximize operator potential.   LOADOUT PRIMARY: OTS-03 (Attachments to player preference.) SECONDARY: PMM (Attachments to player preference.) UTILITY: Frag Grenades *This can vary depending on the map and bomb site.*   ATTACKER SPAWN LOCATIONS:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Glaz' on 'Chalet'. image 4

ATTACKING: [1F] KITCHEN(A) - TROPHY(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by attackers establishing vertical angles over and under Kitchen(A)-Trophy(B) by gaining control over 2F Master Bedroom, 2F Office, and BSMNT Car Garage. After establishing 2F control, attackers will then proceed to the first floor level of West Main stairs and breach the reinforced wall separating Trophy(B) and West Main. Glaz will be used on this bomb site to apply pressure onto defenders playing inside of Kitchen(A) and Trophy(B) from the eastern side of the objective building. The player will be providing value to the attacking team by actively maintaining horizontal pressure onto both bomb sites while additional second floor teammates apply vertical pressure from Master Bedroom and Office. From the Trophy and Kitchen windows, Glaz will be able to effectively isolate both bomb sites of all defenders after each site has been cleared of enemy players. This will then allow attackers to breach the reinforced wall separating Trophy(B) and West Main and plant the defuser inside of Trophy(B) while Glaz maintains pressure onto defenders inside of Dining from the Kitchen window.   CAMPFIRE SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Glaz' on 'Chalet'. image 6

ATTACKING: [1F] GAMING(A) - BAR(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team entering and clearing the building from 2F Master Bedroom on the west side of the building all the way to the east of the building, concluding their roam clear after establishing control inside of the Library. Glaz will provide value similar to the way in which the operator helped teammates on the previous bomb site by maintaining the attacking teams horizontal pressure on the first floor. The biggest difference here will be in Glaz’s positioning. Instead of isolating defenders through the Kitchen and Trophy windows, Glaz will be positioned outside of the Main Entrance so as to maintain complete first floor control over Fireplace. This will prevent defenders from being able to rotate through the Fireplace while additional attackers clear the second floor from Master Bedroom to Library.   In addition to Fireplace control, Glaz will also be actively contesting the Bar(B) bomb site from the outside. This will prevent defenders from being able to use the Bar Hallway as a site-rotation route. Defenders will then only be left with the single rotation hole connecting Bar(B) and Gaming(A). This will be unideal for defenders as this rotation hole is easily contested by attackers positioned outside of Gaming(A) near Helipad.   CLIFFSIDE SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Glaz' on 'Chalet'. image 8

ATTACKING: [2F] OFFICE(A) - MASTER BEDROOM(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will essentially just be the inverse of Gaming-Bar. Entering through the Library and moving from east to west inside of the building is a much safer route to the second floor bomb sites as attackers can be easily shot if caught trying to repel directly onto the Master Bedroom balcony or climb the Front Yard ladder to the second floor. Glaz will provide value to the attacking team on this bomb site by maintaining pressure onto defenders inside of Office(A) and Master Bedroom(B) from the outside Big Tower, located on the easternside of the objective building. Glaz should spawn at Camp Fire and take up positioning inside of Big Tower while additional teammates establish the attacking teams initial map control on the second floor inside of Library. Glaz will then be well positioned to apply significant pressure onto defenders inside of Office(A) while teammates on the second floor are pincering defenders inside of the bomb site from the south west.   NOTE: Glaz will want to be highly aware of the situation going on inside of the objective building as the attacking team will have one less teammate with them. It is common for new Glaz players to not realize when it is time to leave Big Tower and breach the objective so as to provide more direct support for remaining teammates. Be sure to clearly communicate with friendly attackers to know when it is time to reposition.   FRONT YARD SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Glaz' on 'Chalet'. image 10

ATTACKING: [BSMNT] WINE(A) - SNOWMOBILE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team breaching the reinforced exterior wall leading from the buildings southern exterior into Snowmobile(B). Glaz will be used on this bomb site to cover attacking teammates as they plant the defuser inside of Snowmobile(B). Attackers will need to spend some time getting rid of the defending teams entry denial utility placed on the exterior site wall inside of Snowmobile(B). While this is going on, Glaz will want to be on the lookout for defenders attempting to run-out on attackers from Games as they attempt to breach the wall. Additionally, all attackers located on the main Snowmobile(B) wall will want to be aware of defenders throwing nitro-cell through the Fireplace high windows. This will be the defending teams primary way of eliminating the attacking teams hard breacher.   After the Snowmobile(B) wall has been breached, Glas will then use smoke grenades to cover attacking teammates as they plant the diffuser behind ‘trash can’ located to the left of the breach hole. Glaz will be the ideal operator choice for this goal as the player will be able to detect defenders through the smoke by using the operators flip-up thermal site.   LAKESIDE SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Glaz' on 'Chalet'. image 12

Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful for you guys.   If you are interested in more content or want to ask me questions, you can always find me on Twitch or connect with me via discord - I always enjoy discussing Siege with fellow enthusiasts; regardless of skill level.   Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TjGAPdM

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/footwork6

Comment 15

• Miragemaker3627 LV.20 Team Rocket Sep 8, 2020, 11:28 PM

finally some one dose a glaz thing for maps. 😭😭😭

• footwork. verified LV.28 Hero Sep 8, 2020, 11:38 PM

I got chu brotha!

• Miragemaker3627 LV.20 Team Rocket Sep 8, 2020, 11:39 PM

I might have come to being some what of a glaz main lol

• Miragemaker3627 LV.20 Team Rocket Sep 8, 2020, 11:40 PM

what was funny was I got a 3k with tichanka and the next round after tgar when I was glaz I got to kills by rushing and my team kicked me 😂😂😂😂

• Reminderx LV.14 Chief Sep 9, 2020, 03:32 AM

Why even play Glaz 😂

• James2943 LV.19 Sharpshooter Sep 9, 2020, 11:46 AM

I woulda waited for reworked chalet

• GameZedd LV.22 Beast Sep 9, 2020, 02:57 AM

nice

• The Moot Meme Guy LV.17 Thor Sep 9, 2020, 04:21 AM

• Pablo Reyes LV.4 Lurker Sep 9, 2020, 06:10 AM

Thank u

• Joemamma69 LV.5 Lurker Sep 9, 2020, 11:01 AM

E

• G.ball LV.10 Nomad Sep 9, 2020, 09:04 PM