footwork. verified LV.27 Hero
Aug 23, 2020, 08:57 PM 283 read

Guide for playing 'IQ' on 'Kafe'.

Guides

[DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to be as bare bones as possible in order to give general advice to any new Rainbow Six: Siege players. In addition to this article being opinionated, I would like to also state that zero-sum strats in this game do not exist and the tell of a good Siege player is their decision making and adaptation to the changing battlefield.]

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'IQ' on 'Kafe'. image 2

Kafe is a triple-level map (consisting of three floors) found both in ranked play as well as professional. The current architecture of the building is fairly balanced since the rework of the map.   ‘IQ’ is a 1 armour, 3 speed attacker. The operators’ ability is known as the Electronics Detector; a portable electronic gadget worn on the operators wrist which is capable of detecting electronics through any surface. IQ is most commonly used for eliminating hard to reach electronics like Bandit Batteries and Mute Jammers as the Electronic Detector allows the player to see this type of utility through walls and flooring. IQ is also used as a counter to operators like Pulse, Echo, Vigil, and Valkyrie as all of these defenders have utility that is difficult to counter with the naked eye. In fact, when operators like Vigil and Pulse are actively using their ability, IQ is able to see their electronics in use through any surface. This is also the case with any defenders that happen to be caught on their phone looking through the defending teams cameras as the phone itself is considered to be an electronic device. IQ is always a great operator choice for these reasons as well as the operator being capable of acting as a strong backup entry-fragger for the attacking team in the case of attackers losing their original entry at the beginning of the round.   If you are to be in accordance with the current meta, IQ’s loadout should be as follows: PRIMARY: G8-A1 (holo-graphic + flash hider) SECONDARY: P-12 (suppressed) UTILITY: Breach Charge x 3   ATTACKER SPAWN LOCATIONS:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'IQ' on 'Kafe'. image 4

ATTACKING: [3F] BAR(A) - COCKTAIL(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team gaining control over Cigar. This will allow attackers to breach the reinforced wall separating Cigar and Freezer and, in turn, flush out any defenders playing inside of Freezer. After eliminating defenders inside of the Freezer, attackers will attempt to plant the defuser under the cover of smoke behind one of the wooden counters inside of Bar(A). IQ will provide value to the attacking team on this bomb site by eliminating all of the defending teams electronic utility from the second floor inside of Pillar and Reading. IQ should breach the objective building though the second floor Mining Room and steadily clear the second floor of all defenders. After eliminating second floor roamers and isolating defenders back up to the third floor, IQ will then use her Electronics Detector to identify and eliminate the defending team's electronic gadgets through the ceiling of Reading and Pillar. IQ will also be able to identify defenders on cameras like Maestro and Echo. This will then provide IQ with the opportunity to eliminate these players while they are vulnerable inside of Cocktail(B).   NOTE: As mentioned in previous IQ guides, the operator is capable of preventing defenders from disabling the defuser after the defuser has been planted. This means that it will be advantageous for IQ to maintain positioning on the second floor for the entirety of the round as the player will be uniquely positioned to protect the attacking teams defuser in a post-plant situation.   RIVER DOCKS SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'IQ' on 'Kafe'. image 6

ATTACKING: [2F] FIREPLACE(A) - MINING(B) + [2F] READING(A) - FIREPLACE(B)   Due to these two bomb sites being so similar in nature, both bomb sites will be covered in one section of the guide.   Attackers will begin the round by establishing control over the third floor (similar to the way in which attackers played on the previous bomb site). IQ will be used similar to the way in which the operator was used on the previously mentioned Bar-Cocktail bomb site. The difference on this bomb site being that IQ will instead spend the entirety of the round on the third floor. IQ should breach the objective building through the third floor and assist teammates in roam clearing Cigar and Cocktail. It is common for defenders to place a significant amount of resources behind the defense of the third floor. IQ should act as a supporting team member for the duration of the third floor roam clear. The player should drone all of the third floor so as to provide dedicated entry fraggers (Zofia and Ash) with actionable intel with which they can effectively clear defenders with.   After attackers have established control over the third floor and isolated defenders to the first and second floor, IQ will then use her Electronics Detector to eliminate the defending teams electronic gadgets placed inside of Reading, Fireplace, and Mining. This will then assist additional second floor attackers as they are executing their final push onto the bomb site. IQ should maintain third floor positioning for the entirety of the round on both bomb sites. This is because the operator is very well suited for defending the defuser from an adjacent floor after it has been planted.   PARK SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'IQ' on 'Kafe'. image 8

ATTACKING: [1F] SERVICE(A) - COOKING(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team gaining control of Large and Small Bakery. This will allow attacking hard breachers like Thermite and HIbanna to breach the reinforced wall between Cooking(B) and Large Bakery. It is common for defenders like Kaid or Bandit to trick the Bakery-Cooking wall due to Cooking(B) being nearly impossible to defend after the wall has been breached. IQ will be used on this bomb site to eliminate the defending teams entry denial utility placed on the reinforced walls inside of Freezer and Bakery. The player should breach the objective building with additional soft-destructors through the second floor Mining window and proceed to roam clear the entirety of the second floor. It is also common for attackers to alternatively breach the objective building through the third floor and clear the entirety of the third and second floor before moving forward with vertical pressure. Regardless, after defenders have been isolated to the first floor, IQ will then use her Electronic Detector to eliminate the defending team's entry denial utility (Bandit Batteries, Mute Jammers, and Kaid Electro-Claws) placed inside of Freezer and Cooking(B). This can be done by shooting the utility through the flooring of Mining and Fireplace. After doing so, IQ can then breach additional parts of the flooring inside of Fireplace, Train, and Mining with breach chargesso as to provide attackers with additional vertical pressure onto the first floor bomb site.   NOTE: Attackers applying vertical pressure onto the first floor from the second floor should always be highly aware of defenders using nitro-cell on the ceiling of the first floor to eliminate you. IQ can partially counter this by shooting the nitro-cell as it is being deployed. However, this is not a reliable counter and should instead be considered a ‘counter-measure’ as it is an unreliable way of preventing defenders from using nitro-cells.   CHRISTMAS MARKET SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'IQ' on 'Kafe'. image 10

Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful for you guys.   If you are interested in more content or want to ask me questions, you can always find me on Twitch or connect with me via discord - I always enjoy discussing Siege with fellow enthusiasts; regardless of skill level.   Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TjGAPdM

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/footwork6

Comment 18

• NoPeesh LV.16 Enderman Aug 24, 2020, 07:20 AM

This comment is for my goals if you like it will also help my goals

• CanuckConor LV.8 Elite Four Aug 26, 2020, 05:33 AM

There's the likes for your goals👑

• NoPeesh LV.16 Enderman Aug 24, 2020, 07:13 AM

This comment is for my goals

• Bladekp00 LV.14 Dub Collector Aug 24, 2020, 08:58 AM

Comment goal

• R6SChampion LV.20 Pathfinder Main Aug 23, 2020, 09:29 PM

j

• Tabularpig796 LV.9 Professional Noob Aug 24, 2020, 07:36 AM

e

• NO NAME verified Aug 24, 2020, 11:17 AM

What a hunk

• gamer549818088 LV.1 Mootie Aug 24, 2020, 03:48 PM

It really helped me

• DerNutellaBoy LV.11 Chief Aug 25, 2020, 05:12 AM

Sounds really good, gonna try it out.✌🏻

• Pacpacka LV.12 Chief Aug 25, 2020, 08:46 AM

im actually an iq main and her acog and angled grip is realy important on her gun
    esepecielly on a long range fights like kafe

• gamer911771881 LV.5 Lurker Aug 25, 2020, 09:20 AM

Goals

Home