footwork. verified LV.26 Hero
Aug 3, 2020, 07:10 PM 355 read

Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Coastline'.

Guides

[DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to be as bare bones as possible in order to give general advice to any new Rainbow Six: Siege players. In addition to this article being opinionated, I would like to also state that zero-sum strats in this game do not exist and the tell of a good Siege player is their decision making and adaptation to the changing battlefield.]

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Coastline'. image 2

Coastline is a double-level map (consisting of two floors) found both in ranked play as well as professional. The current architecture of the map gives a large advantage to the attacking team due to the ease of access attackers have to map control from the outside of the objective building.   Ash is a one armor, three speed attacking operator. Her gadget is the Breaching round: a hand-held grenade launcher which shoots an explosive breaching round that is capable of destroying soft surfaces like walls, flooring, barricades, and deployable shields. Ash is also a very valuable operator for eliminating a large amount of defending utility placed inside of bottlenecks like doorways and windows. Although Ash brings valuable utility for the attacking team, the operator is classified as an entry fragger. This means that it is Ash's job to eliminate defending players positioned inside of strategic locations needed by attackers in order to move the round forward. If you are confident in your ability to win gunfights, Ash will be one of the best operators to choose from in order to support an aggressive play style.   If you are to be in accordance with the current meta, Ash’s loadout should be as follows: PRIMARY: R4-C Assault Rifle (Attachments to player preference) SECONDARY: M45 MEUSOC (Attachments to player preference) UTILITY: FLASHBANG GRENADES   ATTACKER SPAWN LOCATIONS:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Coastline'. image 4

ATTACKING: [2F] HOOKAH(A) - BILLIARDS(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attackers entering the building through the first floor Sunrise Bar to apply vertical pressure from the first floor in addition to applying pressure onto Hookah(A) from the outside second floor Hookah Balcony and Hookah(A) window. Ash should be used to establish the initial attacker presence inside of V.I.P. The player should breach the objective building through the VIP Balcony using the Hall Of Fame doorway. After Ash has eliminated the defender presence inside of V.I.P. and Master Bedroom the operator should drone the remainder of the second floor inside of the bomb site and inside of Luggage to determine the positions of defenders as well as to deduce the optimal route of attack. Generally speaking, Ash will want to look for the route of least resistance and apply pressure there. Always consider all of your options before acting as there is usually an easier way to accomplish the same job.   POOL SIDE SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Coastline'. image 6

ATTACKING: [2F] THEATER(A) - PENTHOUSE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team gaining control over the second floor VIP room from the second floor balcony located on the north side of the building. After gaining control over VIP and Hall of Fame, attackers will breach the reinforced wall between VIP and Penthouse(B) as this will provide attackers with a safe and clear pathway to the default plant spot in the corner of Penthouse(B) by the master bed. Ash’s primary responsibilities will be very similar to that of the previously mentioned Hookah-Billiards bomb sites. After the operator has successfully helped establish the bulk of the attacking team inside of VIP, the operator should reposition towards 90 and Vase hallway outside of Theater(A). This will help attacking teammates inside of Penthouse(B) while they attempt to plant the defuser. Ash’s goal here will be to apply as much pressure onto Theater(A) as possible as this will make it much more challenging for your opponents to prevent your attacking teammates from planting inside of Penthouse(B).   MAIN ENTRANCE SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Coastline'. image 8

ATTACKING: [1F] BLUE(A) - SUNRISE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team entering through the Pool Entrance located on the north western corner of the building. Attackers will also typically gain control of second floor Hookah as this will enable attacking soft destructors (Buck, Zofia, Ash, or Sledge) to destroy the ceiling of Sunrise and eliminate any defending anchors playing behind ‘couches’ or ‘bar’. Ash can provide value to the attacking team by applying horizontal pressure onto the Blue(A) bomb site from Office. After Ash has successfully eliminated attackers inside of Office and Security, the operator will need to maintain control of Office and use the positioning to catch defenders trying to rotate back into Blue(A) from Sunrise(B) while additional attackers on the second floor breach the ceiling of Sunrise(B). Ash will commonly be presented with the opportunity to take control of Blue(A) after eliminating these defenders as defending teams typically have very few anchors on this bomb site.   RUINS SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Coastline'. image 10

ATTACKING: [1F] KITCHEN(A) - SERVICE ENTRANCE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team planting the defuser inside of the doorway of service entrance leading to the outside exit - located on the eastern side of the building. Attackers will also commonly attempt control of the second floor VIP, Theater, and Penthouse rooms as this will allow attackers to destroy the ceiling of Kitchen(A) and Service(B). Ash can provide value to the attacking team by establishing control inside of Sunrise Bar as this will offer the attacking team great positioning to isolate roamers inside of Kitchen(A), Blue Bar, and Cool Vibe Stairs. Ash should then maintain pressure onto Kitchen(A) and communicate with teammates while they drone the bomb site and determine the viability of a solo site push. Typically speaking, if Ash can collapse on the bomb site with only two on-site defenders then the player should act. This is because the two defenders are both defending their individual site (for example, one defender inside of Kitchen and one inside of Service). The player shouldn't see this as one gunfight in which they are outnumbered but instead should see this as two separate gunfights. Apart from this being a good mental exercise for entry-fraggers, it is also typically the case for a bomb site with a low anchor count. This is because any bomb site with less than three anchors becomes increasingly difficult to defend from mutually supportive positions.     Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful for you guys.   If you are interested in more content or want to ask me questions, you can always find me on Twitch or connect with me via discord - I always enjoy discussing Siege with fellow enthusiasts; regardless of skill level.   Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TjGAPdM

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/footwork6

Comment 16

• Kytoo LV.27 2019! Aug 3, 2020, 11:47 PM

How did you get Mootified?

• This comment has been removed by admin.

• Kytoo LV.27 2019! Aug 4, 2020, 01:00 PM

They have 64

• This comment has been removed by admin.

• footwork. verified LV.26 Hero Aug 4, 2020, 07:25 PM

I honestly have no idea i just logged on and i had the badge lol.

• Benjodin鶏肉 LV.3 Lurker Aug 4, 2020, 12:26 AM

Can I get a follow for a challengeplease

• Benjodin鶏肉 LV.3 Lurker Aug 4, 2020, 04:31 AM

Hi

• Vexifi LV.22 S Aug 4, 2020, 05:10 AM

Ngl you dont really need a guide for ash

• TheOnlyAnat LV.2 Lurker Aug 4, 2020, 02:10 AM

Ea

• Get Merked LV.14 Chief Aug 4, 2020, 06:48 AM

yey

• Najeeb LV.9 Nomad Aug 4, 2020, 09:46 AM

Nice