footwork. verified LV.28 Hero
Aug 3, 2020, 12:48 PM 319 read

Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Kanal'.

Guides

[DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to be as bare bones as possible in order to give general advice to any new Rainbow Six: Siege players. In addition to this article being opinionated, I would like to also state that zero-sum strats in this game do not exist and the tell of a good Siege player is their decision making and adaptation to the changing battlefield.]  

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Kanal'. image 2

Kanal is a triple-level map (consisting of three floors) currently only found in ranked play. Although, that may be subject to change as the developers may add the map to the pro-league map roster after observing how the map plays in a competitive setting. The current architecture of the map is fairly balanced, advantages will change based on which site is being played and how the ban phase plays out at the beginning of the match.   Ash is a one armor, three speed attacking operator. Her gadget is the Breaching round: a hand-held grenade launcher which shoots an explosive breaching round that is capable of destroying soft surfaces like walls, flooring, barricades, and deployable shields. Ash is also a very valuable operator for eliminating a large amount of defending utility placed inside of bottlenecks like doorways and windows. Although Ash brings valuable utility for the attacking team, the operator is classified as an entry fragger. This means that it is Ash's job to eliminate defending players positioned inside of strategic locations needed by attackers in order to move the round forward. If you are confident in your ability to win gunfights, Ash will be one of the best operators to choose from in order to support an aggressive play style.   If you are to be in accordance with the current meta, Ash’s loadout should be as follows: PRIMARY: R4-C Assault Rifle (Attachments to player preference) SECONDARY: M45 MEUSOC (Attachments to player preference) UTILITY: FLASHBANG GRENADES   ATTACKER SPAWN LOCATIONS:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Kanal'. image 4

ATTACKING: [2F] SERVER(A) - RADAR(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team breaching the reinforced wall on the south side of ‘Renovations’. This will provide the attackers with clear lines of sight directly into Radar(B) in addition to a direct route to the bomb site and opportunity to plant the defuser. Ash will primarily be used on this bomb site to establish a beachhead for attackers to carry out a more thorough site execution from. As the attacking teams Thatcher and Thermite are breaching the Renovations wall, Ash should be establishing control inside of Red Hallway and Green hallway. This will not only apply pressure onto the Server(A) and Radar(B) bomb sites but will also prevent first floor roamers from being able to use Red and Green stairs as a way of returning to the bomb site. Ash can then use this positioning to further establish control inside of Server(A) and effectively flank on-site defenders playing inside of Radar(B) and SkyBridge.   CONSTRUCTION SPAWN:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Kanal'. image 6

ATTACKING: [1F] COAST GUARD(A) - LOUNGE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team gaining control of ‘Scuba’ and ‘Printer’ stairs, as well as the hallway-landing which separates the two. After establishing control of the northern stairwells, attackers will want to breach the reinforced wall between the lower-printer-stairs-landing and Lounge(B). This will completely expose the Lounge(B) bomb site as well as position attackers to plant the defuser in a variety of different safe plant spots inside of the B bombsite. As attackers are maintaining the primary route of attack on this bomb site, Ash should apply additional horizontal pressure onto defenders inside of Coast Guard(A) from Reception. This will force the defending team to split their attention and resources over multiple lines of attack and effectively open themselves up to potential flank routes like that of Main Stairs and Lower Bridge.   FLOATING DOCK SPAWN:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Kanal'. image 8

ATTACKING: [BSMNT] KAYAKS(A) - SUPPLY(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by attackers gaining control of the first floor inside of Coast Guard and Lounge. The hatches located on the floors of these two rooms offer great lines of site and access points to the basement. It is very common for defenders to be playing inside of Bathroom and Lockers as they are located directly across the hall from the bomb sites and offer great adjacent positioning to the objective rooms. Ash will be used by the attacking team to establish control inside of Scuba. Ash should breach the building through the double window connecting Scuba to the outside. From this position the operator will be able to effectively prevent defenders from being able to use the Diving stairs as a rotation route back to the bomb site from the first floor. Ash will also be able to apply a great amount of horizontal pressure onto the bomb site from this position while additional attacking teammates are applying vertical pressure from the first floor inside of Coast Guard and Lounge.   SAILBOATS SPAWN:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Ash' on 'Kanal'. image 10

ATTACKING: [1F] SECURITY(A) - MAP(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team establishing control over the second floor Server and Radar rooms located directly above the bomb site. The ceiling of Security(A)-Map(B) is destructible, making it advantageous for attackers to first focus on control of the second floor. Ash will be primarily valuable on this bomb site due to the operators ability to be able to establish a large amount of control inside of Kitchen by themselves. This will provide the attacking team with a huge advantage due to attackers being able to dedicate almost all of their resources to establishing control of the second floor inside of Radar and Server. After attackers have breached the ceiling of the bomb site and eliminated defenders inside of Map(B) and Security(A), they will be able to rotate to the first floor quickly and safely to link up with Ash inside of Kitchen and carry out their final push onto the Map(B) bomb site without having to worry about any defensive presence inside of Kitchen due to Ash’s entry fragging earlier in the round.     Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful for you guys.   If you are interested in more content or want to ask me questions, you can always find me on Twitch or connect with me via discord - I always enjoy discussing Siege with fellow enthusiasts; regardless of skill level. Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TjGAPdM

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/footwork6

Comment 15

• Simster905 LV.7 Breacher Aug 3, 2020, 01:07 PM

My only complaints that ubi needs to make her hit box bigger. I’m so freaking tired of hitting her and the game doesn’t even register it!!!!

• Stealthyviper LV.22 Insomniac Aug 4, 2020, 02:04 PM

they have fixed it your just bad

• footwork. verified LV.28 Hero Aug 5, 2020, 03:14 AM

I wish i could help you there my man :/

• ~ c y c l o ~ LV.19 Clearly Hacking Aug 3, 2020, 06:24 PM

Pog

Pog

• FattyCroissant LV.5 Lurker Aug 3, 2020, 07:34 PM

merci

De rien