footwork. verified LV.28 Hero
Jul 23, 2020, 01:56 AM 88 read

Guide for playing 'Sledge' on 'Coastline'.

Guides
Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Sledge' on 'Coastline'. image 1

[DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to be as bare bones as possible in order to give general advice to any new Rainbow Six: Siege players. In addition to this article being opinionated, I would like to also state that zero-sum strats in this game do not exist and the tell of a good Siege player is their decision making and adaptation to the changing battlefield.]   Coastline is a double-level map (consisting of two floors) found both in ranked play as well as professional. The current architecture of the map gives a large advantage to the attacking team due to the ease of access attackers have to map control from the outside of the building.   Sledge is a two speed, two armour attacking operator. The operator’s ability is his ‘Tactical SledgeHammer’ which is capable of destroying surfaces (such as, soft flooring, soft walls, and even Castle Barricades) that commonly prevent attacking teams from moving the round forward. Sledge is a very versatile operator and, for this reason, the operator will commonly be used for strategic purposes as well as for entry fragging. Sledge can be useful on almost any bomb site on any map due to the operator having frag grenades in his loadout. Since Buck’s nerf, which replaced his frag grenades with a claymore, Sledge has become even more valuable due to the scarcity of viable frag op’s to choose from.   If you are to be in accordance with the current meta, Sledge’s loadout should be as follows: PRIMARY: L85-AR (Attachments to player preference) SECONDARY: SMG-11 (Attachments to player preference) UTILITY: FRAG GRENADES   ALL SPAWN LOCATIONS:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Sledge' on 'Coastline'. image 3

ATTACKING: [2F] HOOKAH(A) - BILLIARDS(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by attackers entering the building through the first floor Sunrise Bar and applying pressure onto Hookah(A) from the outside second floor Hookah Balcony and Hookah(A) window. Sledge will be presented with a unique opportunity on this bomb site that is not offered on any other bomb site, on any Ranked map. That opportunity being the ability to use his sledge hammer on the ceiling of a room to successfully destroy the flooring of the room above. After attackers have established control over the first floor Sunrise Bar, Sledge can get on top of the bar located inside of Sunrise and use his sledge hammer to destroy certain parts of the flooring inside of Hookah(A) - the most immediate value being offered here will be the ability to destroy any defender utility placed on the far wall inside of Hookah(A) due to Sledge gaining a line of sight onto the wall separating Hookah(A) from the outside Hookah Balcony. However, in some cases defenders will play inside of the Hookah corner between Hookah Doorway and Hookah window. In this event, Sledge will be well equipped to either eliminate this defender or at the very least force the player to reposition.   RUINS SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Sledge' on 'Coastline'. image 5

ATTACKING: [2F] THEATER(A) - PENTHOUSE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team gaining control over the second floor VIP room from the second floor balcony located on the north side of the building. After gaining control over VIP and Hall of Fame, attackers will breach the reinforced wall between VIP and Penthouse(B) as this will provide attackers with a safe and clear pathway to the default plant spot in the corner of Penthouse(B) by the master bed. Although Sledge will most likely not be needed for his soft-breach capabilities on this bomb site, the operator can still provide value to the attacking team by acting as an entry fragger while control over V.I.P. is being fought over. Communicate with teammates who might have flashbang grenades as ask them to get rid of any of Jager ADS’s inside of V.I.P. by burning the utility with their grenades. This will then provide Sledge with the ability to use his frag grenades to flush out any defenders playing inside of V.I.P.   POOL SIDE SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Sledge' on 'Coastline'. image 7

ATTACKING: [1F] BLUE(A) - SUNRISE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team entering through the Pool Entrance located on the north western corner of the building. Attackers will also typically gain control of second floor Hookah as this will enable attacking soft destructors (Buck, Zofia, Ash, or Sledge) to destroy the ceiling of Sunrise and eliminate any defending anchors playing behind ‘couches’ or ‘bar’. Sledge will be very useful for the attacking team if attackers can successfully secure the second floor Billiards and Hookah Bar. Control over these rooms will allow operators like Sledge or Buck to destroy the ceiling of the Blu(A)-Sunrise(B) bomb sites and eliminate any defenders playing inside of ‘bar’ or ‘couches’ (the two most commonly played positioning inside of Sunrise(B)). However, the player should be highly aware of defenders using nitro-cell on the ceiling of the first floor as a way of countering vertical pressure from attackers. Attackers can partially prevent this from happening by standing on objects like ‘pool table’ or ‘hookah bar’ as these objects will protect the player from the bulk of the explosive damage in exchange for some of the operators mobility.   MAIN ENTRANCE SPAWN LOCATION:

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Sledge' on 'Coastline'. image 9

ATTACKING: [1F] KITCHEN(A) - SERVICE ENTRANCE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team planting the defuser inside of the doorway of service entrance leading to the outside exit - located on the eastern side of the building. Sledge should assist in establishing control of the second floor VIP, Theater, and Penthouse rooms as this will allow attackers to destroy the ceiling of Kitchen(A) and Service(B). After breaching the flooring inside of V.I.P, Sledge should communicate with teammates and ask them to ping defenders inside of Kitchen(A) as this will make eliminating the defenders inside of the Kitchen(A) bomb site much more efficient and, as a result, provide attackers with more time to work with when executing their final site push.   Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful for you guys.   If you are interested in more content or want to ask me questions, you can always find me on Twitch or connect with me via discord - I always enjoy discussing Siege with fellow enthusiasts; regardless of skill level. Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TjGAPdM

Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/footwork6

Comment 0

Home