footwork. verified LV.28 Hero
Jul 8, 2020, 06:00 AM 107 read

Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Theme Park'.

Guides
Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Theme Park'. image 1

[DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to be as bare bones as possible in order to give general advice to any new Rainbow Six: Siege players. In addition to this article being opinionated, I would like to also state that zero-sum strats in this game do not exist and the tell of a good Siege player is their decision making and adaptation to the changing battlefield.]     Theme Park is a double-level map (consisting of two floors) found both in ranked play as well as professional. The current architecture of the map is overall pretty balanced however, some bomb sites have heavy advantages for one side.   Kapkan is a two speed, two armor, defending trap operator. His ability is the ‘entry denial device’ (commonly referred to as an EDD) which consists of a booby-trap-like explosive device which can be anchored on doorways and windows and then later triggered by unassuming attackers walking through these doorways. Kapkan is similar to Frost in so far as the operator pick will be much more effective if attackers don’t know that defenders brought him/her. This is because, if attackers know there are trap operators like Frost or Kapkan, they will be much more cautious when maneuvering throughout the objective building so as to not trigger the traps. Generally, Kapkan will be most useful for defenders by dealing damage over the course of the round while the attacking team executes a full roam clear of the objective building due to the traps only dealing about 50HP each. However, this will provide Kapkan with the maximum number of doorways to place EDD’s - allowing the player to place them randomly throughout the building instead of all in one central location.   If you are to be in accordance with current meta, Kapkan’s loadout should be as follows: PRIMARY: 9X19-SMG (Attachments to player preference) SECONDARY: PMM (Attachments to player preference) UTILITY: NITRO-CELL (This will be commonly used for plant denial)     DEFENDING: [2F] OFFICE(A) - INITIATION(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team gaining control over Dragon Stairs, Cash room, and Control Room. After establishing control over the eastern most rooms of the second floor, the attacking team will breach the reinforced wall separating Initiation(B) room from Control room as this will provide attackers with significant control over Initiation(B) allowing them to plant the defuser. Kapkan should place EDD’s throughout the western portion off the second floor, inside of Bunks, Dorms, and Cafe. This is because it is most common for attackers to clear the second floor from west to east and breach the wall inside of Dorms. Kapkan should act as a second floor roamer on the second floor near Arcade and Cafe. Try to waste the attacking teams time by rotating throughout the west section of the second floor. Use Bunks, Dorms, Arcade, Yellow Stairs, and Vending Hall to your advantage by constantly shifting positions between these rooms as this will make clearing the second floor of defenders incredibly time consuming for attackers. EDD PLACEMENT: [2F] OFFICE(A) - INITIATION(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Theme Park'. image 3

DEFENDING: [2F] DAYCARE(A) - BUNK(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team entering the building through the hatch located on the roof of the Control Room. Attackers will then proceed to establish control over all second floor rooms east of the second floor yellow hall doorway; this will provide attackers with flank protection while the attacking teams hard breacher opens the reinforced wall separating Initiation room and Bunk(B). Attackers may also commonly enter the building through the second floor Cafe located directly across the hall from Daycare(A). Kapkan should be played exactly the same way in which the operator was played on the previous bomb site, only this time you will be roaming on the eastern portions of the second floor. Place EDD’s throughout the second floor east rooms like Cash, 2F Dragon, Control, and Initiation to cause HP damage and partial stress to attackers while they attempt to clear you from your roam. Similar to the way in which Kapkan was played on the previous Initiation-Office bomb site, constantly shift positions on the second floor to waste the attacking teams time while they attempt to clear you from the second floor. EDD PLACEMENT: [2F] DAYCARE(A) - BUNK(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Theme Park'. image 5

DEFENDING: [1F] ARMORY(A) - THRONE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team establishing control over bottom Arcade and Barrels as the reinforced wall separating is a common access point for attackers to breach and plant the defuser. Control over lower Arcade is important for attackers to have as it will provide a buffer zone for the attacking teams flank watch to use to protect friendly hard breachers from the defending teams roamers. Kapkan should place EDD’s throughout the second floor, in and around the Control Room and Office. This will help defenders in the late round during the attacking teams site execution as, assuming defenders maintain a man advantage, defenders will also have an HP advantage over attackers who have triggered an EDD. Kapkan can also use his nitro-cell through the holes made above the reinforced walls inside of Throne(B) to eliminate the attacking teams hard breacher while attempting to breach the wall. EDD PLACEMENT: [1F] ARMORY(A) - THRONE(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Theme Park'. image 7

DEFENDING: [1F] LAB(A) - STORAGE(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team establishing control over the second floor Upper Arcade, Cafe, and Yellow Hallway as the flooring inside of these rooms can be destroyed in order to open up lines of sight down onto the two bomb sites as well as the first floor bathroom which is not one of the bomb sites but is commonly used by defenders to defend Storage(B). Kapkan should place EDD’s throughout the second floor, inside of Cafe, Daycare, 2F Arcade, and Dorms. This will deal damage to attackers on the second floor attempting to clear defending roamers. Kapkan should anchor on the bomb site inside of Drug Lab(A). This will position the player to use nitro-cell on second floor attackers attempting to destroy the ceiling of Bathroom, Storage(B), and Drug Labe(A). EDD PLACEMENT: [1F] LAB(A) - STORAGE(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Theme Park'. image 9

Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful for you guys.   If you are interested in more content or want to ask me questions, you can always find me on my social media accounts: TikTok - FTWRK Twitch - footwork6    

Comment 4

• Fynn Browns LV.18 Let’s play R6! Jul 8, 2020, 06:22 AM

This is cool. I don’t play Kapkan but I think it’s great that your making these. Keep it up.

• footwork. verified LV.28 Hero Jul 8, 2020, 08:08 AM

Thanks man, i appreciate you taking the time to read it and comment!

• hydro16 LV.2 Lurker Jul 11, 2020, 02:52 AM

Me rain bow

• OG_Waffle_69 LV.2 Lurker Jul 13, 2020, 12:09 PM

Yea this is cool, makes me wanna play Kaplan more

Home