footwork. verified LV.28 Hero
Jul 7, 2020, 07:40 AM 133 read

Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Border'.

Guides
Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Border'. image 1

[DISCLAIMER: This guide is intended to be as bare bones as possible in order to give general advice to any new Rainbow Six: Siege players. In addition to this article being opinionated, I would like to also state that zero-sum strats in this game do not exist and the tell of a good Siege player is their decision making and adaptation to the changing battlefield.]     Border is a double-level map (consisting of two floors) found both in ranked play as well as professional. The current architecture of the map is generally balanced though a slight edge may be given to attackers as the map is highly destructible. Kapkan is a two speed, two armor, defending trap operator. His ability is the ‘entry denial device’ (commonly referred to as an EDD) which consists of a booby-trap-like explosive device which can be anchored on doorways and windows and then later triggered by unassuming attackers walking through these doorways. Kapkan is similar to Frost in so far as the operator pick will be much more effective if attackers don’t know that defenders brought him/her. This is because, if attackers know there are trap operators like Frost or Kapkan, they will be much more cautious when maneuvering throughout the objective building so as to not trigger the traps. Generally, Kapkan will be most useful for defenders by dealing damage over the course of the round while the attacking team executes a full roam clear of the objective building due to the traps only dealing about 50HP each. However, this will provide Kapkan with the maximum number of doorways to place EDD’s - allowing the player to place them randomly throughout the building instead of all in one central location. If you are to be in accordance with current meta, Kapkan’s loadout should be as follows: PRIMARY: 9X19-SMG (Attachments to player preference) SECONDARY: PMM (Attachments to player preference) UTILITY: NITRO-CELL (This will be commonly used for plant denial)       DEFENDING: [2F] ARMORY(A) - ARCHIVES(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attackers gaining control over CCTV and Break room located on the north side of the second floor. After establishing control over CCTV-Break room, attackers will then proceed to breach the reinforced wall of the outside balcony leading into the Armory(A) bomb site. Attackers will then plant the defuser in or around the breach hole made by the hard breachers. Kapkan should place his EDD’s on the first floor throughout Workshop and Ventilation. This is because attackers will commonly send operators like Zofia, Asj, Bick, or IQ underneath the bomb site to destroy the second floor flooring; exposing defenders inside of Armory(A) and Archives(B). Kapkan could also be used as a roamer to eliminate these attackers. Positioning yourself on the first floor will also provide you with the opportunity to deny attackers from planting the defuser inside of ‘box’ as you will be able to C4 the flooring underneath them. EDD PLACEMENT: [2F] ARMORY(A) - ARCHIVES(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Border'. image 3

DEFENDING: [1F] BATHROOM(A) - TELLERS(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team breaching the reinforced wall separating Tellers(B) from the outside - located on the north eastern wall of the first floor. Attackers will also typically need control of the second floor ‘Offices’ as it is very common for defenders to defend Bathroom(A)-Tellers(B) vertically from the second floor. Kapkan should place EDD’s throughout the second floor, primarily around Break Room and Armory as these rooms will be most frequently used by attackers when attempting to clear the second floor of the defensive presence. Kapkan should anchor on the Tellers(B) bomb site. This will position the player to use the operator's nitro-cell to prevent attackers from planting the diffuser inside of the Tellers(B) breach hole. EDD PLACEMENT: [1F] BATHROOM(A) - TELLERS(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Border'. image 5

DEFENDING: [1F] SUPPLY(A) - CUSTOMS(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attacking team breaching the south-western reinforced wall leading from the outside into Detention. Attackers will also commonly attempt to gain control over the second floor CCTV and Break Room as these positions will provide great vertical control over the two first floor bomb sites. Kapkan will want to place EDD’s similar to the way in which the operator placed his gadget on the previous bomb site. This is because attackers will be dedicating time and resources to the same second floor rooms as when attacking Bathroom-Tellers. Kapkan could also place EDD’s on the first floor in and around Tellers and Main lobby as it is common for attackers to apply pressure horizontally from these rooms. EDD PLACEMENT: [1F] SUPPLY(A) - CUSTOMS(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Border'. image 7

DEFENDING: [1F] WORKSHOP(A) - VENT(B) The primary route of attack on this bomb site will be by the attackers establishing full control of the second floor Armory-Archives rooms located directly above the Workshop(A)-Vent(B) bomb sites. After gaining control of the second floor, attackers will breach the reinforced hatches located inside of Armory Desk and Archives in addition to destroying the flooring of the second floor as this will allow attackers full vertical control of the two ground floor bomb sites. Kapkan should place EDD’s in and around Customs and Detention. This will help alert defenders inside of Workshop(A) and Ventilation(B) of attacking operators attempting to establish horizontal control onto the bomb site from these rooms. Kapkan should also be highly aware of an attacker on the second floor breaching the ceiling of the bomb site. Communicate with friendly intel operators like Pulse or Valkyrie to determine the exact locations of attackers on the second floor and use a nitro-cell on the ceiling of the bomb site to eliminate the enemy attackers. EDD PLACEMENT: [1F] WORKSHOP(A) - VENT(B)

Rainbow Six: Guides - Guide for playing 'Kapkan' on 'Border'. image 9

Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful for you guys.   If you are interested in more content or want to ask me questions, you can always find me on my social media accounts: TikTok - FTWRK Twitch - footwork6    

Comment 7

• Shade Dizzy verified LV.31 Shotcaller Jul 7, 2020, 07:43 AM

I wish I could make use of this guide but at my rank kapkan doesn't really work as well 😂 but still good guide

• footwork. verified LV.28 Hero Jul 7, 2020, 07:55 AM

Back in like year 1 i was a Kapkan main lol - of course, that's back when people died from one EDD.

• Shade Dizzy verified LV.31 Shotcaller Jul 7, 2020, 07:56 AM

Yeah I used to play him so much back when I started in health and couple seasons after aha

• Chilling Jagger LV.16 Let’s play R6! Jul 7, 2020, 08:46 AM

I read like half uf it and its good

• footwork. verified LV.28 Hero Jul 8, 2020, 05:57 AM

Thank you for saying that man, i appreciate the feed back.

• Chilling Jagger LV.16 Let’s play R6! Jul 8, 2020, 07:06 AM

I dont really play Kaplan and u gave me a ton of advice

• Chilling Jagger LV.16 Let’s play R6! Jul 8, 2020, 07:06 AM

kapkan

Home