NoodleJuice7254 LV.2 Professional Noob
May 20, 2020, 11:33 AM 43 read

Any Tips For New Ranked Players?

Guides

I got the game three weeks ago (I’ve played it before, a few years ago though) and I really got into it. I’m an okay player overall, I can improve some though. I’m not going straight into ranked, but I would like to have some tips. My attack mains are Blackbeard and Ying. My defense mains are Jäger and Frost.

Comment 9

• RawBageL LV.5 Let’s play R6! May 20, 2020, 01:55 PM

I've played siege since pretty much release and just recently hit diamond for my first time. A notice a few things that most new players do. Here's a quick list of things you should try to do and/or avoid doing. 1. DRONE I see so many new players not drone enough, it doesn't take much time just clear out the areas you're planning on being in before you enter the building and even when continuing through. It can create opportunities for you to wall bang an enemy or get an advantage of knowing where they are exactly and be able to come in pre firing at them. It'll help you win more gunfights and just stay alive longer in general. 2: If you're on defense and you have significantly more players on your team sit back and relax on sight, they have to come to you and they're less likely to win win when they're already down 2+ people. No need to get cocky and run at them. Yes running around like a maniac looking for the last people might work sometimes but any good player will hear you coming and be ready for you.
    3: learn from your mistakes and deaths. when you die take the chance to see if they are using a nice angle u can use later or see what u could have possible done to keep yourself alive, don't immediately blame the game or someone else for your death it's usually going to be your fault no matter what you think. 4: bring the ops you need, these are things you'll learn with time but im telling you if you can get your team to bring the ops needed you are way more likely to win. even if you have to run hard breach or run the Maverick or Thatcher your team is way more likely to win that round.
    5: find the right sensitivity for yourself, the highest you can manage but be accurate with, no need to go crazy high. the people that do that usually are just showing off. Work on aim training, you can do that in terrorist hunt. just spend the time learning to control recoil and aiming for the head on the terrorists. want to work on your flicks? find 2 or 3 objects a good distance from eachother and just practice trying to flick back and forth on them trying to hit the same spots on the objects as fast as you can. I play 48 62 42 with my deadzones at 6. that's what works best for me. also if you just got the game your controller rotation might be on the new one make sure to put it to classic rotation. I used to be a coach for a challenger league team on PS4 if you ever want me to take a look at your gameplay and see if I notice anything you could improve Id be down to. I love siege and I hope you can too. If you want to add me my psn is RawBageL

• RawBageL LV.5 Let’s play R6! May 20, 2020, 01:56 PM

or if you're not on ps4 you could video record a few ranked games of yours and id be happy to watch them.

• NoodleJuice7254 LV.2 Professional Noob May 20, 2020, 02:04 PM

Hi! Thank you so much for this response. I play on Xbox and I would have to figure out how to screen record. Once I figure it out I can probably send it to you. Again, thank you so much :D

• RawBageL LV.5 Let’s play R6! May 20, 2020, 02:07 PM

No problem, love helping the newer community out :) once you figure it out you could probably post it to YouTube just as unlisted or something like that and then share the link

• Zach Ruane LV.3 Lurker May 20, 2020, 05:24 PM

I play Xbox too and I’m pretty sure you can stream on mixer and then I think you can download the stream and probably share it then from either Xbox or from the Xbox app. I’m not to sure though but you could always give it a try if nothing else works

• FunYun LV.3 Anchor May 20, 2020, 12:31 PM

do you solo-queue or squad up?

• NoodleJuice7254 LV.2 Professional Noob May 20, 2020, 12:31 PM

It depends if my friends are on or not. I’ll do both

• FunYun LV.3 Anchor May 20, 2020, 12:36 PM

well for both, you should always remember your gadgets/ drones. the more information you have on the enemy team, the better. Also, it would be good to stray away from relying to heavy on mains because being a team player is (in my opinion) better than a fragger (cause you arent always gonna do good.)

• NoodleJuice7254 LV.2 Professional Noob May 20, 2020, 12:40 PM

Ok! Thank you so much! I’ll remember that for when I try ranked

Home