Malted Malted LV.21 S
Oct 3, 2018, 02:57 PM 1,030 read

Fresh or Nostalgic?

Bungie has done a pretty bang up job on the Forsaken expansion. Word around the tower is that we might be seeing some more familiar weapons made famous in D1. What do you think of this? Would you rather see new exotics made going forward or returns of first gen exotics?   Lots of new exotics really nail the epic factor Destiny is working to fully harness. So new might be the best option for them. Though I really want to see one of my favorite guns from D1 "The Last Word," in D2. I setup shrines and sacrificed many a things wishing for Xur to offer it. The wait was brutal, but I was so excited when I finally saw it in rotation.

Comment 15

• El Kotal LV.25 Titan Oct 3, 2018, 06:38 PM

I think Bungie has found a good balance between new and old exotics being introduced.

Of course players want some of the most powerful exotics back in D2, but new exotics are also what makes D2 unique in that sense, so theare not only rellying on that.

I want my Bad Juju back though !

• Malted LV.21 S Oct 4, 2018, 11:28 AM

The one thing I'm afraid of is them giving us a OP broken exotic and them reverting back to the not so spectacular formula.

• Panda LV.26 Insomniac Oct 4, 2018, 01:13 PM

Juju!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭

• El Kotal LV.25 Titan Oct 4, 2018, 07:01 PM

Jujuuuuuu :(

• ObliviousRex verified LV.33 Mod Oct 4, 2018, 06:36 AM

Honestly, I want them all - at whatever pace is reasonable and whatever form is necessary. Red Death came back as Crimson - and that’s just fine with me. I like that many of the weapons coming back have evolved in one way or another, and that they don’t necessarily define the PvP meta. Doesn’t mean that I don’t want brand new exotics, of course, but just that I quite like the mix of old and new.

Still, I mostly want Invective and Ice Breaker back.

• Malted LV.21 S Oct 4, 2018, 11:17 AM

As much as I would like to see Ice Breaker come back, it will never see the light of the traveler again without big changes to its core mechanic.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.33 Mod Oct 4, 2018, 11:33 AM

As said, I’m fine with them coming back in another form, but the changes really wouldn’t have to be that significant. We have primary and energy snipers now, so it wouldn’t have to fit in the heavy slot. The recharge time, starting ammunition, and max ammo capacity could be adjusted as needed. I’ve seen guys wipe out entire teams with current snipers, so it really wouldn’t need a lot of tweaks anymore.

• Malted LV.21 S Oct 4, 2018, 11:56 AM

Maybe not in the PvP capacity, but the gun was the go to gun for PvE content. I went lone wolf majority of the time and getting through the weekly Nightfalls was significantly easier with Ice Breaker.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.33 Mod Oct 4, 2018, 10:09 PM

Sure, but aside from soloing Nightfalls, and most particularly after year one, it was a fairly niche weapon. Even then they had nerfed the ammo regen, yet still brought the weapon back in year three without much fanfare. They could pretty well easily bring it back in D2, especially with the newer perspective of avoiding nerfs and making guardians feel more powerful, perhaps even as a fully modified railgun or linear fusion rifle variant after the Black Armory update. These days, relying on an Ice Breaker to solo content would be somewhat weird and slow, given our available options - or just outright counterproductive in Nightfalls with the timer in place.

• StormbladeX69 (XBL) verified LV.25 Shadow Oct 4, 2018, 08:09 AM

Bring back all the things. SRL, Exotics, old Patrol Areas, Raids, etc. Never should have been left behind in the first place. They still could have wiped our stuff during the Attack on the Tower during the Red War and applied the new systems.

• Malted LV.21 S Oct 4, 2018, 11:19 AM

I get the feeling that we might see them again. Just a little at a time combining it with more new content.

• NIGHTHAWK140 LV.26 Happy 2020! Oct 4, 2018, 02:33 PM

Give me the freakin Truth man

• Malted LV.21 S Oct 4, 2018, 02:55 PM

• NIGHTHAWK140 LV.26 Happy 2020! Oct 4, 2018, 03:17 PM

Thank you

• VOID_WALKER_9875 LV.18 Sage Oct 10, 2018, 12:44 PM

It would be a shame not to see touch of malice.
    Would be cool to continue Oryx's conquest by killing with her with the weapon the guardian and the taken king made together.

Home