ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Mod
Dec 8, 2019, 03:29 AM 132 read

Fireteam Chat: Why Season of Dawn’s Reveal Felt Underwhelming

#FireteamChat Episode 240 • “Bungie revealed Destiny 2 Season of Dawn this week and it left players with a lot of questions about the event, PVP, and where the game is going in Season 9. Here's what we know so far and why people were left feeling underwhelmed.” Link: https://youtu.be/s2C4dFZHaCA

Comment 7

• StarGrit LV.5 Killer Main Dec 10, 2019, 01:01 AM

Nice studio set-up. Kind of sloppy with weak evidence to back their points.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Mod Dec 10, 2019, 01:12 AM

I don’t agree with them on this one, but it is what it is.

• babakk2k LV.23 Try Hard Dec 10, 2019, 01:29 PM

In all honesty, people should stop getting excited over seasons. they're SEASONS not dlc. They are merely minor additions.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Mod Dec 10, 2019, 08:09 PM

Perhaps, but it is rather complicated these days. Whether considering a developer’s perspective or that of a consumer, it’s difficult to balance content, interest, and engagement. When Destiny was first introduced, it was fairly unique as a console-based looter-shooter MMO-esque experience. Now though? It has heavy competition from similar titles in Warframe and The Division 2. Even worse, Battle Royales have captured engagement far better than a narrative-heavy game can, and each with their own time-sink battle passes. So, Destiny 2 is forced to up their game to try to compete in kind. That’s why the base game went free-to-play and now the seasons have their own battle passes. Bungie has an uphill climb, and I’m not sure it’s the right move...

• babakk2k LV.23 Try Hard Dec 10, 2019, 10:56 PM

Small seasons allow for bigger scale things to go on in the background, which could mean a better contect load later on down the road. take the community challenge for example.

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Mod Dec 11, 2019, 12:21 AM

Oh yeah, they could certainly be doing something fantastic here, but it’s more of a conflict with the typical pace of expectations. I’m in regardless, just hoping it’ll be enough to retain the current community and increase growth overall.

• babakk2k LV.23 Try Hard Dec 11, 2019, 02:29 AM

Seeing as they are bringing back a crap ton of fan favorite thing's(SRL, Elimination, that one crucible map, Saint), I think it will be enough for the community until the next big thing.

Home