How to Get Masterwork Cores More Easily
Do you think that it's an absolute bitch to get Masterwork Cores to upgrade your favorite gear? Well, I totally agree it's an absolute bitch. You've come to the right place because I've got you a good tutorial, that is only 3 minutes & 55 seconds long, that will help you farm for those sweet ass cores. According to the video, you need to go to the Spider, who is located in the Tangled Shore, and you need to buy enough Datalattice to cash in at Failsafe (located in Nessus). Doing this will allow you to recuperate either all or almost all of your Legendary Shards spent on the Datalattice. If you don't get any Masterworks gear, then you just breakdown the legendary gear, and then go get some more Datalattice. Rinse & repeat.
Huginn & Muninn - The Secret Vendors of The Dreaming City
I just recently found this fact out myself. Before reading about there being secret vendors in the Dreaming City, I had no idea that they even existed. I was wondering why I was collecting so many materials, but hadn't found a use for them. According to an article from gosunoob, there are secret vendors. The vendors only accept Baryon Boughs as a form of payment for a Charge of Light Tier 2 (25 Baryon) and for a Tincture of Queensfoil (50 Baryon). Muninn sales the Charge of Light and Huginn sales the Tincture of Queensfoil. Here are the locations:
For more details, here's the article:
Crucible quest step.
The crucible guest step from Holiday is a joke in my opinion. Worse then the grind for the Ace. Deal solar, arc and void damage in the crucible. But if you die, you lose progress and have to start over. So basically don't die! Yeah right, it's the crucible. Your gonna die.! And to take away progress like that is so ridiculous.
HOTFIX 184.108.40.206 Just Came Out & It Makes Getting Cayde-6's Gun Easier Amongst Other Fixes
Firstly, rest in peace Cayde-6 you were taken away from us at. Why you do this to us Bungie!!!! No one can replace our badass, killing, joking machine.
Now back to the hotfix lol. The hot fix spans fixing issues with heroic adventures, weapons/items, issues with the Dreaming City, and all the way to the Gambit mode. For those of you who were having issues with trying to complete the Cayde's Will quest, it's gotten easier by now allowing players to progress "by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons." So this is good news for those of who were getting stuck on the previous version of the quest. The rest of the fixes are as such:
- Fixed an issue where Barons were providing Legendary rewards outside of Heroic adventures
- Barons in Heroic adventures now reward one guaranteed Legendary per day
- Subsequent kills grant Legendary rewards at a reduced rate
- Fixed an issue where players can get stuck with the Origin Story or the Last Dance weapons if they use the character level boost after obtaining them in Homecoming
- Fixed an issue where BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle dismantled into Mod Components
- The Offering to the Oracle now sorts to the Pursuits bucket, rather than Consumables
- Removed the weekly bounty that required players to redeem an Offering for the Oracle
- The Dreaming City weekly challenge now requires only two weekly bounty completions
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would improperly spawn chests after being killed
- Players can no longer obtain Dreaming City rewards when repeating the mission “Awakening”
- Fixed an issue where Telesto could be used to accelerate progression of objectives in the Blind Well
- Players may now progress the “Cayde’s Will” quest step by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons
- Turned off rejoin functionality in Gambit
Last Wish Raid Completion the Longest Yet
After a grueling 18 hours and 48 minutes, Clan_Redeem take the title for world's first Last Wish raid completion.
Congrats! I certainly did not expect it to take this long as players tend to get better at figuring out the raid mechanics and puzzles faster each iteration. For comparison Vault of Glass took roughly 14 hours to complete and Leviathan 5.5 hours. Other raid releases were a +/- 2-3 hours from 5 hours. Almost 19 hours and Clan_Redeem, who are no strangers to world firsts, adds another notch to their belt.
A Guide to Gambit - An Excellent Guide by YouTuber KackisHD
Before I dive into this mode, after playing the rest of the new content, I wanted to get more familiarized with this mode before actually playing it. I saw in the general sub-lounge, some of my fellow Mooters were having issues with this mode. Maybe this guide will help :). 3 of the most important things that I took from this guide are:
1) do not hoard motes (15 being the cap) and then go to the bank because if you die then you'll lose an ass ton of points. What KackisHD suggests is that you hoard no more than 10 points, but recommends going to the bank every 5 emotes to minimize loses if you die.
2) Teams shouldn't have only 1 person to be set as the only person invading the other team's map. The reason for this is the person who is doing the invading should have the most heavy & special ammo types and should be have their ultimate ready. So if one person is dedicated to only invading, then they'll end up not doing much because they want to conserve their different ammos and their ultimate. Your team needs to alternate when it comes to invading.
3) weapon composition is also important, but that's up to a player's play style. I like to have an either an auto rifle or a pulse rifle for medium to long range fighting and then a close range secondary like an SMG or a good sidearm/revolver with solid stats. My power weapon is usually a grenade launcher, shotgun, or sniper rifle. That's just me though.
The video covers a lot more than what I talked about, but I suggest giving a watch because KackisHD makes some good points!
Well Played Bungie...Well Played. You've Got Me Invested in The Forsaken DLC
First off, fuck you Uldren Sov. And that is all I'm going to say about that. I don't want spoil the rest of it. So I just started the campaign and I'm loving it. So far I've only played 2 missions. I honestly wish that the rest of Destiny 2's campaigns were like the Forsaken's campaign. Bungie definitely has me invested in the story, which was never the case with the other stories that were being told in Destiny 2.
Another thing that I hated at first, but now like is how you upgrade weapons and armour. At first I hated the fact that you had to collect more items (once you play some of the story, you'll be able to obtain those items without grinding for them) in order to upgrade weapons and armour, but now I find myself spending more time on different planets with other players getting the necessary items and just playing more public events. For some this added grind will suck, but for me I really like it now. On a side note, I still haven't played the Gambit mode, so I'll have to play some matches once I have some more time.
One thing that I still don't like is that you can't solo queue Nightfalls yet. Why do I have to resort to going on the Destiny Discord and find random people to play with? How is that any different than matching people up with other players to play with? If I can do this with Strikes, why can't I do this with Nightfalls? In fact, radins should also allow matchmaking as well. To me it doesn't matter if it makes the mission harder to complete. A lot of my friends who used to Destiny have moved on to other games (like Monster Hunter World). What Bungie could do is require people to have microphones in order to use matchmaking for Nightfalls and Raids. Bungie get on that lol.
Here's a screenshot that I took of the AI being dumb. This is extremely early on in the Forsaken campaign. He just stood there until I went to mission marker. I was like hello, you know that I can see you standing there right?🤣🤣🤣. What are you waiting for, just attack me already lol.
My Path to the Dreaming City
My road to the Dreaming City has been pretty crazy couple of days of nonstop grinding, playing strikes, and going through the story missions. On a side note, apparently, a clan noticed me grinding my ass off lol. I got a random clan (Society Of Wumbologists) invite while I was playing, which is awesome because I've been looking for a new clan since mine died a long time ago. Back to my insane, I've been playing so much that I got a migraine lol. Yes...yes, I know that I need to take a break. I got sucked into my quest to getting to the Dreaming City.
Bungie you've legit outdone yourselves this time because the Forsaken DLC is fantastic. It's not perfect, but it's damn good. I loved every minute of going after the Barons, and dealing with their different themes. The one thing that I would've loved is that the Barons should've been a strike instead of just a normal easy mission (I flew through them), but that's just a silly nitpick. I'm kind of sad that I blew through them so easily lol. Credit is due where credit is due! On a side note, if Bungie can make Destiny 3 like the Forsaken DLC plus Destiny 3 additions then Bungie will have a winner.
I really want to go further into the story, but I don't want to ruin it for those who are taking their time. The story overall is very good, but I do have some questions about the end part of the story because it didn't explain WTF was happening. it could be that, because I never played Destiny 1 with all of its expansions that it's not making sense to me. Either way, it was a fun ride.
I look forward to playing with Y'all in the Dreaming City, and taking on its public events! See everyone there!
10 things to know about Destiny 2: Forsaken’s pre-patch
Destiny 2: Forsaken is only a week away. But today, Bungie released a massive patch to get the game ready for its upcoming expansion. This Forsaken pre-patch includes many of Destiny 2’s various quality of life changes, including the weapon slot changes the studio promised months ago. While no new weapons are dropping yet, players’ old weapons will be moved around, with shotguns, sniper rifles and fusion rifles headed out of the power slot.
This pre-patch adds even more to the game, with buffs to class abilities, exotics and changes to the overall direction. Players can also experience the new Gambit multiplayer mode, which will pit players against both the environment and other enemy guardians, in a free trial that begins on Sept. 1 as part of this patch. Bungie has also announced that some features, like the exotic vault, will be unavailable until Forsaken is released on Sept. 4...
Destiny 2 is Free for Playstation Plus
"First up we have Destiny 2! As a special treat, the game is available on PS Plus today – a week early – so that you can take advantage of the 24 hour free trial of Destiny 2: Forsaken’s new hybrid PVE & PVP mode, Gambit, which starts September 1 at 10 AM PDT. That’s right, you can get Destiny 2 right now! Rally your friends in Gambit and prepare for Destiny 2: Forsaken. "
Joining a Clan
Every guardian needs a fireteam in order to fight the darkness efficiently. Thankfully there is a relatively easy way to find one if you know how.
Throughout the lifetime of Destiny, clans have been an excellent tool to find others to fight alongside. But finding one that fits you can be challenging. That's why you should know where to find them and what to expect when you do.
Although there are a few other services that allow clans to recruit, Bungie's own website is gonna be your best choice.
TIP: The more effort put into a recruitment post may show how much effort the clan founder has put into their community
-----Choosing a Clan-----
Now that you've found where to find a clan to join, how do you choose the right one? Well there are a few things that you should know/do before sending in that clan request...
-Not all clans are communities-
Some clans were built simply for those who just want the ingame rewards rather than finding others to play with
-Clans have Requirements-
You are gonna want to make sure that you read the entirety of the clan's recruitment post since requirements vary from clan to clan. Such as...
-The approval process varies-
Some clan's will let you walk right through the door but others may require you to go through an approval process or trial period before joining.
-You may have to try a few different clans-
There is no way to be completely sure what a clan is like until you spend some time with it. But make sure you don't switch between too many or you may limit your options
-----Being in a clan-----
In order to make sure you get the best experience there's one important thing you will always have to do, Participate. Clans aren't simply another form of a LFG, you'll need to participate and communicate with your clanmates if you want them to have your back.
Make sure you continue to meet the clan's requirements otherwise you may get the boot!
Clans can change your Destiny 2 experience forever if you find the right one and may even keep you playing when there is no new content. I hope this guide will make it easier for you to achieve this.
Destiny 2: Forsaken’s Weapon Customization System
The Forsaken expansion comes to Destiny 2 on September 4th and it is introducing a new weapon customization system. In a livestream yesterday, Bungie revealed some more information about how the system will work. Players will be able to equip ‘mods’ into any weapon. These mods can provide a range of perks and will only come from dismantling weapons that have one. Each weapon will come with a random mod equipped, meaning getting weapon drops should be more exciting as there will also be a chance for upgrades.
To read the full story, click here:
To check out the rest of The Daily Moot, click below:
Awesome change to infusions coming our way. No more will we be restricted to having to infuse guns of the same type. The cost of the infusions will change though and will be subject to variable costs based on what you use to infuse into what. It's explained that infusing a gun with a duplicate will cost less than infusing say a shotgun into an auto rifle. I think it's worth it so long as it doesn't cost an absurd amount. I didn't see anything about this applying to armor, but I hope it does.
Bungie Accidentally Improved Quick Play in Destiny 2
A bug in a recent Destiny 2 update messed with the matchmaking system for quickplay PvP and most players are actually happy with it. Usually, quick play is supposed to use skill-based matchmaking to create balanced matches. Currently, that isn’t happening meaning games are happening faster but with wider skill ranges. These quick queue times and fast paced games are generally popular with players, so Bungie said they won’t be instantly fixing the bug.
To read the full story, click here:
And to read the rest of The Daily Moot, click below:
Forsaken Exotics Are Hype
It's almost as if Bungie read my post about underrated gear combos yesterday, and decided to help me out with my theory crafting ahead of the Forsaken launch. The new exotics sound amazing and I'm really pumped to find out what other surprise exotics they have in store. The first combo I saw just from that trailer was using the Sixth Coyote with Black Talon. Dodging around to get the melee kills and using Black Talon's projectile for enemies out of reach. Maybe even combine that with the Arcstrider subclass for that extra melee perk wombo combo. I want to know if marksman dodge will work with Ace of Spades and if the increase in damage is enough for a near full health and shield kill. If it does then slap that Sixth Coyote on too.
This bow though, I'm going to be using this weapon a lot. My friendship with Foetracer has ended, now Wish-Ender is my new best friend.
You can find the trailer on the other moot post by our mod here:
Secret quest for black spindle is turned on! Head to IO and wait in the Lost Oasis!!
Head to Io and go to the Lost oasis area and wait for the taken public event, there is a secret knight that you have to kill and he will spawn a blight, the blight will take you to a lost sector, head to the back where the chest would be and there is a hidden cavern with another blight, destroy the blight and complete the jumping puzzle. From there you will enter a room that you will have to clear. But be warned. Xol is watching, and there is no light here.....
1.2.3 Update Preview
- Sturm Exotic Catalyst available from defeating enemies on Nessus
- Award XP, reputation and more
- Available from various vendors
- Can drop in the world
- Can expire if not completed in time
- Iron Banner control points are now Iron Temple Fire Pits
- 6 v 6 is now default for Quickplay
- Score and Time limits adjusted for 6 v 6
- Supremacy is returning as weekly mode
- Rumble will always be available
- Valor rank can be earned from more playlists
- Joining an game in progress will protect your glory rank
- Players will be matched via their glory rank
- Glory loss streak less punishing
- Rank streaks no longer reset at max
- Power level effects modifiers
- Blackout no longer one shots higher power level guardians
EP Loot Changes
- Weapon reward chance increases each time the boss is defeated
- Commas added to large numbers
- Ability to preview spawn effects and sparrow contrails in inventory
- Forged weapons can now be bought from Brother Vance after acquiring them
- Prismatic Matrix being removed until Forsaken launches
- Momentum removed from heroic adventures
- Max power level increased to 405
- Prestige raid lairs will award 385+ weapons
Exotic Armor Changes
ACD/0 Feedback Fence
- Fury Conductor activates on melee hit rather than kill
- Fury Conductor stacks add melee damage resistance
Doom Fang Pauldron
- Shield throw hits extend super duration
- Void melee kills grant more super energy
- Activation time reduced to 1.5 seconds of sprinting
- Damage increased by 440% in PvE and 70% in PvP
Crown of Tempests
- Stacks limited to 3 (same effect overall) but now lowers the upkeep cost of stormtrance
- Removed melee hit effects
- Melee kills now instantly heal you and provide additional healing for 8 seconds
- Empowering rift weapon damage hits now grant Fusion Grenade Energy (20%)
- Increased chance to fully recharge your arcbolt grenade
- Guaranteed recharge on getting a full chain of 4 hits
- Increased benefits when using Strafe Jump and triple jump
Young Ahamkara’s Spine
- Removed marking functionality
- Improves Tripmine Grenade Blast Radius, Speed and Health
- Solar ability hits recharge some tripmine grenade energy
Possible connections between the Scorn and the Hive
So for everyone refuting the theory that there is a connection between the new upcoming race in Destiny Forsaken the Scorn and the long-standing race the Hive in spite of being supported by renowned ore master Byf. I wanted to share a few images that might help settle the debate. Below I have some shots of what is known as a Hive gate or Ascendant gate which allows the powerful Hive to travel to and from the ascendant realm. Each shot is as follows
The ascendant gate first shown in the regicide mission from Destiny one.
The witches ritual public event found on mars introduced in the Warmind DLC of Destiny 2
The witches ritual public event found on Titan introduced in vanilla Destiny 2
A Scorn Baron existing a Hive gate from the Forsaken reveal.
That last one is the money shot as we know that using a Hive gate is no easy feat. Our character had to steal a portion of an ascendants Hives soul just to be able to use a gate in The Taken King DLC from Destiny one. Now Bungie has already confirmed that the Scorn are undead. We were also just introduced to Necromancy in the Warmind DLC. Put that all together and the idea of a connection between the Scorn and the Hive becomes much more plausible.
So let us be honest the internet is full of skeptics and even now someone is typing up a counter argument or some negative comment before they even finished reading this so I am going to point out one more that is a dead ringer. Byf pointed out something that I didn't catch or think of. Do you remember the Scorn Baron that we mentioned earlier? Sure you do! If you look at his bottom right hand you will see that he is carrying a Hive boomer. Now know that Fallen are scavengers but remember. Hive technology and rituals are commonly considered magic. While it is possible for the Scorn to have master Hive tech it is very unlikely.
So what do you think? Either way, we won't know anything solid but the evidence is looking really good. Please share your thoughts below.